President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History

Okay..peeps..

What exactly did Obama iniate and "spend" all this money on?

The only thing I can come up with is the stimulus package. Which was about 700 billion or so. 350 billion which came in the form of tax breaks for employees and small businesses. So..aren't conservatives now saying that tax breaks..or tax reduction is spending?

But heck..list it out.

Aside from the stimulus..which I concede here..

What spending did Obama initiate?

It comes under the heading that: "If you tell a big lie often enough people will believe it as fact".

It is another right wing think tank bumper sticker talking point that somehow sounds good but means absolutely nothing.

Im laughing.

Why do the k00ks try and fall all over themselves making out like they dont embrace the mega-spending? Thats their gig..........the way to Utopia? So Im not getting it? Tax the living shit out of people and cradle to the grave welfare state. The perfect society. Yet on these forums, they get hyper-ahgnst about not wanting to be portrayed that way. And this is not a mental condition?:gay:

In all actuality, its a moot point however..........this election cycle, no matter how much these nutters bust their backsides trying to distract, the electorate gets it..........these fuckkers are fine with wrecking the economy with epic levels of spending and taxation. Perception s0ns........perception is everything in life. THAT is what POLITICS is about......shaping perceptions.:D

Thankfully, this election cycle, the perception is harder than cement: The Dums have the moniker hook, line and stinker.:2up:

I'm laughing because TRUTH is the enemy for conservatives. 'Perception' created by propaganda and lies is ALL conservatives have. Liberals believe in a mixed economy, which involves some spending. We didn't hear a PEEP about too much government, too much spending or debt when conservatives SPENT more than liberals when they were in power, or when Reagan raised debt ceiling 18 times, and George W. Bush raised debt ceiling seven times.

NOW, conservatives profess austerity which would create a new recession.

Mere parsimony is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
Edmund Burke

Another dolt with the political IQ of a handball. Talk about an all over the map post!!:coffee: Dummy says conservataives are not for a mixed economy and then the next sentence cites Bush's spending!!!:wtf:

Anyway.......... post this up in the "ECONOMY" forum s0n!!!

This happens to be a POLITICS forum, which is about perception and the perception right now and the electorate is perceiving epic fAiL from the left. But dont take my word for it................

Rasmussen Consumer Index - Rasmussen Reports™

Of course, the k00ks on here will never waiver from the Keynesian model, which has never worked in the history of the world and is perectly illustrated in the news today. Here from todays REALCLEAR.................Are Liberals Watching What's Happening in Europe? - Rob Tracinski, TIA

Rasmussen Consumer Index - Rasmussen Reports™

Awesomenessseal.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so FACTS about the economy have no place here? Just propaganda and how many Americans swallow?

Well, while you are on your knees Monica, swallow THIS:

CAMPAIGN 2012
Poll: Majority of Americans Still Blame Bush for the Economy

A majority of Americans are still placing blame on former President George W. Bush for the struggling economy, more than three years after he left office, according to a new Gallup poll released on Thursday.

Sixty-eight percent of Americans place a great deal or moderate amount of blame on Bush for the economy, compared to the 52 percent of Americans who place some of the blame on Obama, the poll showed.

This relative blame between Bush and Obama, the poll says, has remained the same since September. However, since the “blame assessment” question was first asked in July of 2009, the blame on Obama has increased by 20 percentage points and decreased for Bush by 12 points.

Among those who identified as Democrats and Republicans, only 19 percent of Democrats placed blame on Obama, compared to the 49 percent of Republicans who blame Bush. Independents generally blame Bush more, as well.

Poll: Majority of Americans Still Blame Bush for the Economy - NationalJournal.com

The Keynesian model not only works, it produced the greatest increase in GDP in American history.

NOW, give me ONE example of ONE nation where Austrian school economics EVER worked?

again folks, all the spending under was Bush was HIS FAULT.

But under Obama, he hasn't spent a dime..

you can't make this shit up

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so FACTS about the economy have no place here? Just propaganda and how many Americans swallow?

CAMPAIGN 2012

That's not a fact about the economy, dipstick. Whoever told you that opinion surveys constituted facts?

again folks, all the spending under was Bush was HIS FAULT.

But under Obama, he hasn't spent a dime..

you can't make this shit up

you gotta love the logic of libturds: Bush is to blame for 100% of the deficits that occured during his administration, but he's also to blame for 100% of the deficits under the Obama administration. Bush is also to blame for all of the spending authorized by the "stimulus," the multiple extensions of unemployment insurance, Obamacare and all of Obama's other spending boondoggles.

good op/ed piece on Obama's spending. Here are some highlights, but much more in the piece.

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History - Forbes
The analysis by Internet commentator Rex Nutting on which Obama based his claim begins by telling us “What people forget (or never knew) is that the first year of every presidential term starts with a budget approved by the previous administration and Congress.” Not exactly.

The previous administration, or President, proposes a budget. The previous Congress approves a budget. And what Congress approves can be radically different from what the President proposes.

President Obama’s own 2013 budget shows that as a result federal debt held by the public will double during Obama’s four years as President. That means in just one term President Obama will have increased the national debt as much as all prior Presidents, from George Washington to George Bush, combined.

This doesn't even include the effect of the annual interest of nearly half a trillion dollars which must be paid on the Reagan'Bush debts:

liberal-spending.jpg

deficit%2Bbush%2Bvs%2Bobama.jpg

That is the silliest chart I have ever seen.

Total public debt was 10.9 trillion as of 1/20/2009.

It is currently 15.7 trillion.

You're claiming that in the next 7 months we will add 6.1 trillion to the debt????

Congress is the one who approves the funding to happen and enacts the financial plan.

Does that mean we can blame Congress for the deficit you blame on Bush, or does it really mean we can give the Republicans credit for the deficit going down?

CAMPAIGN 2012

That's not a fact about the economy, dipstick. Whoever told you that opinion surveys constituted facts?

Did he really just post a poll as a fact? I knew liberals didnt know what facts were, but I figured they would know what a poll was and was not. Stupidity knows no bounds.

good op/ed piece on Obama's spending. Here are some highlights, but much more in the piece.

The analysis by Internet commentator Rex Nutting on which Obama based his claim begins by telling us “What people forget (or never knew) is that the first year of every presidential term starts with a budget approved by the previous administration and Congress.” Not exactly.

The previous administration, or President, proposes a budget. The previous Congress approves a budget. And what Congress approves can be radically different from what the President proposes.

But for fiscal year 2009, President Bush in February, 2008 proposed a budget with just a 3% spending increase over the prior year. Fiscal year 2009 ran from October 1, 2008 until September 30, 2009. President Obama’s term began on January 20, 2009.

Recall, however, that in 2008 Congress was controlled by Democrat majorities, with Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House, and the restless Senator Obama already running for President, just four years removed from his glorious career as a state Senator in the Illinois legislature. As Hans Bader reported on May 26 for the Washington Examiner, the budget approved and implemented by Pelosi, Obama and the rest of the Congressional Democrat majorities provided for a 17.9 percent increase in spending for fiscal 2009!

After just one year of the Obama spending binge, federal spending had already rocketed to 25.2% of GDP, the highest in American history except for World War II. That compares to 20.8% in 2008, and an average of 19.6% during Bush’s two terms.

President Obama’s own 2013 budget shows that as a result federal debt held by the public will double during Obama’s four years as President. That means in just one term President Obama will have increased the national debt as much as all prior Presidents, from George Washington to George Bush, combined.

By design ... without a budget nothing to stop him

The bottom line is we are broke and Obama has increased tghe debit more than anyone else. As Thruman said the buck stops here. It doesn't stop with past presidents, it is Obamas to own, he did it it is his. This guy can't even take credit for what he does.

This doesn't even include the effect of the annual interest of nearly half a trillion dollars which must be paid on the Reagan'Bush debts:

liberal-spending.jpg

You right wingers don't comprehend the concept of silly, corruption, unethical or propaganda. Just dogma and parroting what your handlers tell you to chirp.

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History - Forbes - by Peter Ferrara

Op-Eds for Sale

peterferrara_136.jpg

Peter Ferrara, a senior policy adviser at the conservative Institute for Policy Innovation, says he, too, took money from Abramoff to write op-ed pieces boosting the lobbyist's clients. "I do that all the time," Ferrara says. "I've done that in the past, and I'll do it in the future."

liberal-spending.jpg

You right wingers don't comprehend the concept of silly, corruption, unethical or propaganda. Just dogma and parroting what your handlers tell you to chirp.

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History - Forbes - by Peter Ferrara

Op-Eds for Sale

peterferrara_136.jpg

Peter Ferrara, a senior policy adviser at the conservative Institute for Policy Innovation, says he, too, took money from Abramoff to write op-ed pieces boosting the lobbyist's clients. "I do that all the time," Ferrara says. "I've done that in the past, and I'll do it in the future."

Oh please, Abramoff gave to the democrats too, he's a tool and I dont really read one source so I can mitigate sell outs like Ferrara

Democrats Also Got Tribal Donations

But see you dont have a variety of sources and thought Abramoff was GOP only, you got served!

What is wrong with you guys? How many times do you give Bush a pass? Two wars left off his budget. The drugs for votes bill, left off. The cost of rebuilding Iraq, left off. The cost of more than 40,000 young Americans maimed in Iraq, left off. The loss of revenue from the Bush Tax cuts left off. All the Bush commitments passed on to Obama. Nothing of consequence spent on infrastructure. Not only did Republicans hand Obama a fiscal mess, but also a crumbling country. Talk about dishonest.

Op-Eds for Sale

peterferrara_136.jpg

Oh please, Abramoff gave to the democrats too, he's a tool and I dont really read one source so I can mitigate sell outs like Ferrara

Democrats Also Got Tribal Donations

But see you dont have a variety of sources and thought Abramoff was GOP only, you got served!

The OP is from a TOOL. Thank you for affirming that!

By design ... without a budget nothing to stop him

Obama didnt "inherit" the economy. He asked for it, campaigned for it, spent millions to aquire it and promised to change it.
Times Up ...

Oh, he inherited all right.

liberal-spending.jpg

Your chart attributes almost all spending in 2009 to Bush, including the so-called "stimulus" when anyone with a brain knows Obama and the Dims deserve the credit for it. Obama increased spending by 23% in 2009, not Bush.

What is wrong with you guys? How many times do you give Bush a pass? Two wars left off his budget. The drugs for votes bill, left off. The cost of rebuilding Iraq, left off. The cost of more than 40,000 young Americans maimed in Iraq, left off. The loss of revenue from the Bush Tax cuts left off. All the Bush commitments passed on to Obama. Nothing of consequence spent on infrastructure. Not only did Republicans hand Obama a fiscal mess, but also a crumbling country. Talk about dishonest.

Point out anywhere where I gave Bush a pass, I dare you.

The strange thing here is you keep talking about Bush like he is still president, he isn't. Obama is, and all the spending happening now is because of him asking for it. He could have come in and said we need to stop spending money like it grows on trees, we need to bring everyone in Iraq home now, not in two years like Bush said. We need to stop wasting money fighting a losing war that has been going on for decades, lets legalize drugs. We need to really fix the health care system, not just spend more money and pretend things will get better. Social Security and Medicare is in trouble, the last thing we should do is pretend that cutting payroll taxes will make things better, we need to reform the way they are paid out and raise the payments into the system.

Did he do any of that?

A good deal of the spending was to pay for things that Bush put on the nation's tab..like Afghanistan and Iraq.

Should Obama have cancelled those debts in the name of Austerity?

Are you suggesting that Obama is now paying for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Forum List

Back