President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History

So you don't know shit about civics, and what the responsibility of congress is regarding cuts in non-discretionary spending. If I were a moron, like you, I'd try to learn more before making idiotic posts.

lol
Obama didn't spend a dime, don't forget

I never said that. But you're the punk who wants to lay non-discretionary spending on him, when even a high school civics student knows that it would take an act of congress. You really are dumber than a doorknob.

:badgrin:

More accurately we could say. Republican led house of Representatives are the biggest government spenders in world history?

lol
Obama didn't spend a dime, don't forget

I never said that. But you're the punk who wants to lay non-discretionary spending on him, when even a high school civics student knows that it would take an act of congress. You really are dumber than a doorknob.

It certainly works for many retards to cover their stupidity about basic civics with laughter. I hope you feel better about your pathetic self.

It certainly works for many retards to cover their stupidity about basic civics with laughter. I hope you feel better about your pathetic self.

shut the fuck up, you're no genius, you're just a excuse maker for the wannabe dictator

Last edited:
Im laughing.

Why do the k00ks try and fall all over themselves making out like they dont embrace the mega-spending? Thats their gig..........the way to Utopia? So Im not getting it? Tax the living shit out of people and cradle to the grave welfare state. The perfect society. Yet on these forums, they get hyper-ahgnst about not wanting to be portrayed that way. And this is not a mental condition?:gay:

In all actuality, its a moot point however..........this election cycle, no matter how much these nutters bust their backsides trying to distract, the electorate gets it..........these fuckkers are fine with wrecking the economy with epic levels of spending and taxation. Perception s0ns........perception is everything in life. THAT is what POLITICS is about......shaping perceptions.:D

Thankfully, this election cycle, the perception is harder than cement: The Dums have the moniker hook, line and stinker.:2up:

Im laughing.

Why do the k00ks try and fall all over themselves making out like they dont embrace the mega-spending? Thats their gig..........the way to Utopia? So Im not getting it? Tax the living shit out of people and cradle to the grave welfare state. The perfect society. Yet on these forums, they get hyper-ahgnst about not wanting to be portrayed that way. And this is not a mental condition?:gay:

In all actuality, its a moot point however..........this election cycle, no matter how much these nutters bust their backsides trying to distract, the electorate gets it..........these fuckkers are fine with wrecking the economy with epic levels of spending and taxation. Perception s0ns........perception is everything in life. THAT is what POLITICS is about......shaping perceptions.:D

Thankfully, this election cycle, the perception is harder than cement: The Dums have the moniker hook, line and stinker.:2up:

I'm laughing because TRUTH is the enemy for conservatives. 'Perception' created by propaganda and lies is ALL conservatives have. Liberals believe in a mixed economy, which involves some spending. We didn't hear a PEEP about too much government, too much spending or debt when conservatives SPENT more than liberals when they were in power, or when Reagan raised debt ceiling 18 times, and George W. Bush raised debt ceiling seven times.

NOW, conservatives profess austerity which would create a new recession.

Mere parsimony is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
Edmund Burke

Im laughing.

I'm laughing because TRUTH is the enemy for conservatives. 'Perception' created by propaganda and lies is ALL conservatives have. Liberals believe in a mixed economy, which involves some spending. We didn't hear a PEEP about too much government, too much spending or debt when conservatives SPENT more than liberals when they were in power, or when Reagan raised debt ceiling 18 times, and George W. Bush raised debt ceiling seven times.

Mere parsimony is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy.
Edmund Burke

oh BS, a lot of people were upset with Bush and Republicans spending..

Im laughing.

Edmund Burke

Well, NONE of them said anything. Not a PEEP.

Edmund Burke

how the hell do you know that, just because they weren't out acting like the Ows doesn't mean they weren't contacting their Representatives about it..

So Congress that okays the budget and allocates funds for such are the reason that Obama spends monies. So what you are saying that obama is the Congress?

Moron... are you just acting stupid or are you REALLY this stupid.

The first TWO YEARS of the kenyan's REIGN, he had FULL CONTROL of BOTH HOUSES with DEM MAJORITIES.

No he didn't.

You miss the record number of filibusters started by Republicans?

Edmund Burke

Oh they said alot.

They kept complaining about how "liberals" were being "disrepectful" of Bush because they were against the illegal attack on Iraq.

how the hell do you know that, just because they weren't out acting like the Ows doesn't mean they weren't contacting their Representatives about it..

I know what I HEARD...NOTHING, not a PEEP. I know what conservatives were SAYING on the message boards I was on...NOTHING, not a PEEP.

They were DEFENDING Bush and the Republicans.

good op/ed piece on Obama's spending. Here are some highlights, but much more in the piece.

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History - Forbes
The analysis by Internet commentator Rex Nutting on which Obama based his claim begins by telling us “What people forget (or never knew) is that the first year of every presidential term starts with a budget approved by the previous administration and Congress.” Not exactly.

The previous administration, or President, proposes a budget. The previous Congress approves a budget. And what Congress approves can be radically different from what the President proposes.

But for fiscal year 2009, President Bush in February, 2008 proposed a budget with just a 3% spending increase over the prior year. Fiscal year 2009 ran from October 1, 2008 until September 30, 2009. President Obama’s term began on January 20, 2009.

Recall, however, that in 2008 Congress was controlled by Democrat majorities, with Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House, and the restless Senator Obama already running for President, just four years removed from his glorious career as a state Senator in the Illinois legislature. As Hans Bader reported on May 26 for the Washington Examiner, the budget approved and implemented by Pelosi, Obama and the rest of the Congressional Democrat majorities provided for a 17.9 percent increase in spending for fiscal 2009!

After just one year of the Obama spending binge, federal spending had already rocketed to 25.2% of GDP, the highest in American history except for World War II. That compares to 20.8% in 2008, and an average of 19.6% during Bush’s two terms.

President Obama’s own 2013 budget shows that as a result federal debt held by the public will double during Obama’s four years as President. That means in just one term President Obama will have increased the national debt as much as all prior Presidents, from George Washington to George Bush, combined.

A good deal of the spending was to pay for things that Bush put on the nation's tab..like Afghanistan and Iraq.

Should Obama have cancelled those debts in the name of Austerity?

I know what I HEARD...NOTHING, not a PEEP. I know what conservatives were SAYING on the message boards I was on...NOTHING, not a PEEP.

Very much so.

Im laughing.

Edmund Burke

Not conservatives. Conservatives were still giving Bush a 70%+ job approval rating in December of 2008.

good op/ed piece on Obama's spending. Here are some highlights, but much more in the piece.

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History - Forbes
The analysis by Internet commentator Rex Nutting on which Obama based his claim begins by telling us “What people forget (or never knew) is that the first year of every presidential term starts with a budget approved by the previous administration and Congress.” Not exactly.

The previous administration, or President, proposes a budget. The previous Congress approves a budget. And what Congress approves can be radically different from what the President proposes.

But for fiscal year 2009, President Bush in February, 2008 proposed a budget with just a 3% spending increase over the prior year. Fiscal year 2009 ran from October 1, 2008 until September 30, 2009. President Obama’s term began on January 20, 2009.

Recall, however, that in 2008 Congress was controlled by Democrat majorities, with Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House, and the restless Senator Obama already running for President, just four years removed from his glorious career as a state Senator in the Illinois legislature. As Hans Bader reported on May 26 for the Washington Examiner, the budget approved and implemented by Pelosi, Obama and the rest of the Congressional Democrat majorities provided for a 17.9 percent increase in spending for fiscal 2009!

After just one year of the Obama spending binge, federal spending had already rocketed to 25.2% of GDP, the highest in American history except for World War II. That compares to 20.8% in 2008, and an average of 19.6% during Bush’s two terms.

President Obama’s own 2013 budget shows that as a result federal debt held by the public will double during Obama’s four years as President. That means in just one term President Obama will have increased the national debt as much as all prior Presidents, from George Washington to George Bush, combined.

President Obama: The Biggest Government Spender In World History

Well hells bells! I guess we should just abolish the house and senate because they are the bodies that are supposed to approve budget.

lol, on the message boards..whatever dude
I personally contacted Bush through his email on his immigration stance..surprised i didn't get a visit from SS...

Im laughing.

Edmund Burke

Another dolt with the political IQ of a handball. Talk about an all over the map post!!:coffee: Dummy says conservataives are not for a mixed economy and then the next sentence cites Bush's spending!!!:wtf:

Anyway.......... post this up in the "ECONOMY" forum s0n!!!

This happens to be a POLITICS forum, which is about perception and the perception right now and the electorate is perceiving epic fAiL from the left. But dont take my word for it................

Rasmussen Consumer Index - Rasmussen Reports™

Of course, the k00ks on here will never waiver from the Keynesian model, which has never worked in the history of the world and is perectly illustrated in the news today. Here from todays REALCLEAR.................Are Liberals Watching What's Happening in Europe? - Rob Tracinski, TIA

Rasmussen Consumer Index - Rasmussen Reports™

Awesomenessseal.gif

Last edited:
Okay..peeps..

What exactly did Obama iniate and "spend" all this money on?

The only thing I can come up with is the stimulus package. Which was about 700 billion or so. 350 billion which came in the form of tax breaks for employees and small businesses. So..aren't conservatives now saying that tax breaks..or tax reduction is spending?

But heck..list it out.

Aside from the stimulus..which I concede here..

What spending did Obama initiate?

Forum List

Back