President Obama ....one of our Greatest Presidents

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
I expect him to rise into the top 10 once we see the impact of the Trump Presidency

Where does Obama's leadership rank in presidential history? These historians say 12th.

For the third time in a row, Abraham Lincoln ranked as the nation's best presidential leader, according to the panel. George Washington came in second, and Franklin D. Roosevelt rounded out the podium at third.

Others are: Theodore Roosevelt (4), Dwight Eisenhower (5), Harry Truman (6), Thomas Jefferson (7), John F. Kennedy (8), Ronald Reagan (9) and Lyndon Johnson (10), Woodrow Wilson (11), Barack Obama (12), James Monroe (13)

Last edited:
Obama scored particularly high on the "equal justice" scale, coming in third behind only Abraham Lincoln and Lyndon Johnson. He also cracked the top ten on the issues of "moral authority" and "economic management."

But Obama ranked fifth from the bottom on "relations with Congress," and got a middling 24th best score on "international relations."

Historian Douglas Brinkley of Rice University says that Obama's presidency, despite its weak points, may age well and notch an even higher ranking as time passes.

"There tends to be kind of an upward mobility, particularly if you are a president who had no major scandals," he said, noting that presidents are also often judged in comparison to their immediate predecessors and successors. "If the Trump presidency is problematic, people may judge Obama even higher yet."

Hussein obozo was an embarrassment to this country and I don't care what any historian has to say about him. Trump is no prize either, but he is night and day better than hussein.

George W. Bush's dismal ranking of 36rd in the 2009 survey has improved slightly with time. He's now ranked as the nation's 33rd best presidential leader.

Andrew Jackson, whose populist movement has been compared by some historians to Donald Trump's unconventional political rise, dropped several pegs in the latest survey, falling from the 13th slot in 2000 and 2009 to just 18th today.

Curious about the worst leader in U.S. presidential history? The ignominious honor goes to James Buchanan, whose failure to address the onset of the Civil War is noted as one of the great failures of leadership in American history.

Buchanan joins four other presidents — Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Warren G. Harding and John Tyler — at the bottom of the presidential barrel, below even William Henry Harrison, who died after a month in office.

"You never want to be lower than William Henry Harrison," Brinkley said. "If you're below Harrison, the thought is that that you really damaged the executive branch during your tenure in office."

Obama scored particularly high on the "equal justice" scale, coming in third behind only Abraham Lincoln and Lyndon Johnson. He also cracked the top ten on the issues of "moral authority" and "economic management."

But Obama ranked fifth from the bottom on "relations with Congress," and got a middling 24th best score on "international relations."

Historian Douglas Brinkley of Rice University says that Obama's presidency, despite its weak points, may age well and notch an even higher ranking as time passes.

"There tends to be kind of an upward mobility, particularly if you are a president who had no major scandals," he said, noting that presidents are also often judged in comparison to their immediate predecessors and successors. "If the Trump presidency is problematic, people may judge Obama even higher yet."
Soooo.... is that why the leftwing spoofers are so busy smudging President Trump as problematic on every single thing he says or does?

bwahahaha! :badgrin:

I expect him to rise into the top 10 once we see the impact of the Trump Presidency. Solid rationality for a well-established opinion.

Where does Obama's leadership rank in presidential history? These historians say 12th. This historian say 45th.

For the third time in a row, Abraham Lincoln ranked as the nation's best presidential leader, according to the panel. Ironically, Lincoln wasn't popular either.

George Washington came in second, and Franklin D. Roosevelt rounded out the podium at third. Reagan and T. Roosevelt deserve recognition.

Others in the top ten are: Theodore Roosevelt (4), Dwight Eisenhower (5), Harry Truman (6), Thomas Jefferson (7), John F. Kennedy (8), Ronald Reagan (9) and Lyndon Johnson (10). The source of your info. leans liberal. Go figure.

I expect him to rise into the top 10 once we see the impact of the Trump Presidency

Where does Obama's leadership rank in presidential history? These historians say 12th.

For the third time in a row, Abraham Lincoln ranked as the nation's best presidential leader, according to the panel. George Washington came in second, and Franklin D. Roosevelt rounded out the podium at third.

Others are: Theodore Roosevelt (4), Dwight Eisenhower (5), Harry Truman (6), Thomas Jefferson (7), John F. Kennedy (8), Ronald Reagan (9) and Lyndon Johnson (10), Woodrow Wilson (11), Barack Obama (12), James Monroe (13)

So the two assholes who did more to destroy the US Constitution rank the best, must be regressive academics doing the ratings.

I expect him to rise into the top 10 once we see the impact of the Trump Presidency. Solid rationality for a well-established opinion.

Where does Obama's leadership rank in presidential history? These historians say 12th. This historian say 45th.

For the third time in a row, Abraham Lincoln ranked as the nation's best presidential leader, according to the panel. Ironically, Lincoln wasn't popular either.

George Washington came in second, and Franklin D. Roosevelt rounded out the podium at third. Reagan and T. Roosevelt deserve recognition.

Others in the top ten are: Theodore Roosevelt (4), Dwight Eisenhower (5), Harry Truman (6), Thomas Jefferson (7), John F. Kennedy (8), Ronald Reagan (9) and Lyndon Johnson (10). The source of your info. leans liberal. Go figure.

It is a survey of 91 noted Historians

If it "leans liberal"

Why was Eisenhower rated #5 and Reagan rated #9
Why has George W Bush's rating improved over the last eight years

44 is our greatest worst president in history!!!!!!!!

George W. Bush's dismal ranking of 36rd in the 2009 survey has improved slightly with time. He's now ranked as the nation's 33rd best presidential leader.

Andrew Jackson, whose populist movement has been compared by some historians to Donald Trump's unconventional political rise, dropped several pegs in the latest survey, falling from the 13th slot in 2000 and 2009 to just 18th today.

Curious about the worst leader in U.S. presidential history? The ignominious honor goes to James Buchanan, whose failure to address the onset of the Civil War is noted as one of the great failures of leadership in American history.

Buchanan joins four other presidents — Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Warren G. Harding and John Tyler — at the bottom of the presidential barrel, below even William Henry Harrison, who died after a month in office.

"You never want to be lower than William Henry Harrison," Brinkley said. "If you're below Harrison, the thought is that that you really damaged the executive branch during your tenure in office."

Jackson's ranking demonstrates how little impact being guilty of genocide and telling the Supreme Court to fuck off, fuck the law really means in american society.

I'd rather just see Trump do a great job, even though I voted against him, and have him considered great.

I don't give a shit about the politics, I just care about results.

I would love to see Trump be one of our great Presidents bringing peace and prosperity.
I will be retiring under Trump and would love nothing better than to retire under a strong economy
I saw what happened to people who retired under Bush and saw their savings and investments disappear

But after yesterdays press conference....I don't have much faith

Jackson's ranking demonstrates how little impact being guilty of genocide and telling the Supreme Court to fuck off, fuck the law really means in american society.

There is quite a bit of revisionist history going on with Jackson. There was a time when he was a consensus top ten President. Past historians tended to overlook some of his genocidal tendencies which are now catching up with him

I'd rather just see Trump do a great job, even though I voted against him, and have him considered great.

I would love to see Trump be one of our great Presidents bringing peace and prosperity.
I will be retiring under Trump and would love nothing better than to retire under a strong economy
I saw what happened to people who retired under Bush and saw their savings and investments disappear

All he did, for the most part, was take advantage of the opportunity to slam the media. Judging from their silly, non-stop wailing since then, looks like he really struck a nerve.

Rather than that, and the Russia conspiracy theories, and the shakeups in the administration, I'd rather see the media ask for specifics on health care, taxes, infrastructure, the economy, business, etc.

I know he's hurt their feelings, but I just don't care.

There is quite a bit of revisionist history going on with Jackson. There was a time when he was a consensus top ten President. Past historians tended to overlook some of his genocidal tendencies which are now catching up with him

To be fair, it wasn't "him" per se, it was "us"; this society.

All he did, for the most part, was take advantage of the opportunity to slam the media. Judging from their silly, non-stop wailing since then, looks like he really struck a nerve.

Rather than that, and the Russia conspiracy theories, and the shakeups in the administration, I'd rather see the media ask for specifics on health care, taxes, infrastructure, the economy, business, etc.

They are all in on the ruse together, the point is to not have real societal issues meaningfully discussed.

They are all in on the ruse together, the point is to not have real societal issues meaningfully discussed.
That's how it appears.

Forum List

Back