President Obama ....one of our Greatest Presidents

I'd rather just see Trump do a great job, even though I voted against him, and have him considered great.

I don't give a shit about the politics, I just care about results.

I would love to see Trump be one of our great Presidents bringing peace and prosperity.
I will be retiring under Trump and would love nothing better than to retire under a strong economy
I saw what happened to people who retired under Bush and saw their savings and investments disappear

But after yesterdays press conference....I don't have much faith
All he did, for the most part, was take advantage of the opportunity to slam the media. Judging from their silly, non-stop wailing since then, looks like he really struck a nerve.

Rather than that, and the Russia conspiracy theories, and the shakeups in the administration, I'd rather see the media ask for specifics on health care, taxes, infrastructure, the economy, business, etc.

I know he's hurt their feelings, but I just don't care.

He has not gotten off to a great start and he is clearly his own worst enemy

I am getting flashbacks to Nixon

I expect him to rise into the top 10 once we see the impact of the Trump Presidency. Solid rationality for a well-established opinion.

Where does Obama's leadership rank in presidential history? These historians say 12th. This historian say 45th.

For the third time in a row, Abraham Lincoln ranked as the nation's best presidential leader, according to the panel. Ironically, Lincoln wasn't popular either.

George Washington came in second, and Franklin D. Roosevelt rounded out the podium at third. Reagan and T. Roosevelt deserve recognition.

Others in the top ten are: Theodore Roosevelt (4), Dwight Eisenhower (5), Harry Truman (6), Thomas Jefferson (7), John F. Kennedy (8), Ronald Reagan (9) and Lyndon Johnson (10). The source of your info. leans liberal. Go figure.

It is a survey of 91 noted Historians

If it "leans liberal"

Why was Eisenhower rated #5 and Reagan rated #9
Why has George W Bush's rating improved over the last eight years
They were polling historians, educated people, so it would probably lean liberal.

George W. Bush's dismal ranking of 36rd in the 2009 survey has improved slightly with time. He's now ranked as the nation's 33rd best presidential leader.

Andrew Jackson, whose populist movement has been compared by some historians to Donald Trump's unconventional political rise, dropped several pegs in the latest survey, falling from the 13th slot in 2000 and 2009 to just 18th today.

Curious about the worst leader in U.S. presidential history? The ignominious honor goes to James Buchanan, whose failure to address the onset of the Civil War is noted as one of the great failures of leadership in American history.

Buchanan joins four other presidents — Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Warren G. Harding and John Tyler — at the bottom of the presidential barrel, below even William Henry Harrison, who died after a month in office.

"You never want to be lower than William Henry Harrison," Brinkley said. "If you're below Harrison, the thought is that that you really damaged the executive branch during your tenure in office."

Jackson's ranking demonstrates how little impact being guilty of genocide and telling the Supreme Court to fuck off, fuck the law really means in american society.

There is quite a bit of revisionist history going on with Jackson. There was a time when he was a consensus top ten President. Past historians tended to overlook some of his genocidal tendencies which are now catching up with him

To be fair, it wasn't "him" per se, it was "us"; this society.

I try to look at Presidents as a product of their times. So I think we need to ignore some racism and sexism as the way society was
Indians were savages as were slaves. They were considered subhuman and unworthy of protections from society. No better than a horse or cow...

I'd rather just see Trump do a great job, even though I voted against him, and have him considered great.

I don't give a shit about the politics, I just care about results.

There are a lot of people who would prefer to see the nation completely collapse than see a president of an opposition party succeed.

If you are talking about FAILURE and Dashed Hopes and Dreams, yes he is the greatest ever at disappointing The American People, that is why Obama Junior got rejected by 85% of Geographical America.

Never has a man been given such a great opportunity and accomplished so little in so great a time.

8 years and a good portion of it with a majority or super majority, and can you list any lasting accomplishments?

Please list his accomplishments that revolutionized American lives and improved them dramatically for all Americans.

And no, keeping Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Lois Lerner, & Loretta Lynch as well as himself out of jail do not count.

I expect him to rise into the top 10 once we see the impact of the Trump Presidency. Solid rationality for a well-established opinion.

Where does Obama's leadership rank in presidential history? These historians say 12th. This historian say 45th.

For the third time in a row, Abraham Lincoln ranked as the nation's best presidential leader, according to the panel. Ironically, Lincoln wasn't popular either.

George Washington came in second, and Franklin D. Roosevelt rounded out the podium at third. Reagan and T. Roosevelt deserve recognition.

Others in the top ten are: Theodore Roosevelt (4), Dwight Eisenhower (5), Harry Truman (6), Thomas Jefferson (7), John F. Kennedy (8), Ronald Reagan (9) and Lyndon Johnson (10). The source of your info. leans liberal. Go figure.

It is a survey of 91 noted Historians

If it "leans liberal"

Why was Eisenhower rated #5 and Reagan rated #9
Why has George W Bush's rating improved over the last eight years
They were polling historians, educated people, so it would probably lean liberal.

Then why would Eisenhower improve and conservative icon Reagan be in the top 10?
Whatever criteria they are using, it seems to reward both conservatives and liberals in terms of leadership, initiatives and impact

I am liberal and would not have placed JFK and LBJ as high as they are

That's not fair.

Like having a stair climbing contest against a guy in a wheelchair.

George W. Bush's dismal ranking of 36rd in the 2009 survey has improved slightly with time. He's now ranked as the nation's 33rd best presidential leader.

Andrew Jackson, whose populist movement has been compared by some historians to Donald Trump's unconventional political rise, dropped several pegs in the latest survey, falling from the 13th slot in 2000 and 2009 to just 18th today.

Curious about the worst leader in U.S. presidential history? The ignominious honor goes to James Buchanan, whose failure to address the onset of the Civil War is noted as one of the great failures of leadership in American history.

Buchanan joins four other presidents — Andrew Johnson, Franklin Pierce, Warren G. Harding and John Tyler — at the bottom of the presidential barrel, below even William Henry Harrison, who died after a month in office.

"You never want to be lower than William Henry Harrison," Brinkley said. "If you're below Harrison, the thought is that that you really damaged the executive branch during your tenure in office."

Jackson's ranking demonstrates how little impact being guilty of genocide and telling the Supreme Court to fuck off, fuck the law really means in american society.

There is quite a bit of revisionist history going on with Jackson. There was a time when he was a consensus top ten President. Past historians tended to overlook some of his genocidal tendencies which are now catching up with him

To be fair, it wasn't "him" per se, it was "us"; this society.

I try to look at Presidents as a product of their times. So I think we need to ignore some racism and sexism as the way society was
Indians were savages as were slaves. They were considered subhuman and unworthy of protections from society. No better than a horse or cow...

I've heard that argument, I just don't subscribe to it, there were always voices raised, actions taken otherwise, resistance offered, and any could have joined. The power structure has always looked to dehumanize subpopulations in american society to exploit labor and resource access. And that issue is still very much alive and well today.

According to a panel of left wing liars, Obama blahhh blahhh blahhh...

$9 trillion debt added
93 million Americans "not in the workforce" to make his fudged unemployment stat look better
A Prez who cheered cop shootings and covered up Dem kleptocratic theft over and over

The guy was a full disaster. The truth is coming out on him...

According to a panel of left wing liars, Obama blahhh blahhh blahhh...

$9 trillion debt added
93 million Americans "not in the workforce" to make his fudged unemployment stat look better
A Prez who cheered cop shootings and covered up Dem kleptocratic theft over and over

The guy was a full disaster. The truth is coming out on him...

What makes you think the panel was liberal?
Why would liberals put Conservative icon Reagan ahead of Obama and in the top 10?

I expect him to rise into the top 10 once we see the impact of the Trump Presidency

Where does Obama's leadership rank in presidential history? These historians say 12th.

For the third time in a row, Abraham Lincoln ranked as the nation's best presidential leader, according to the panel. George Washington came in second, and Franklin D. Roosevelt rounded out the podium at third.

Others are: Theodore Roosevelt (4), Dwight Eisenhower (5), Harry Truman (6), Thomas Jefferson (7), John F. Kennedy (8), Ronald Reagan (9) and Lyndon Johnson (10), Woodrow Wilson (11), Barack Obama (12), James Monroe (13)

I'm a liberal and I wouldn't say he ranked so high. His foreign policy was a disaster, and he allowed for a great social divide to develop during his time in office (although I disagree with the right wing notion that he encouraged this divide).

I will say, however, that unless Trump turns his ship around, that Obama will likely be viewed more favorably than his actions should allow simply because he would be sandwiched between two of the worst presidents in our time period. Let's not forget that Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize for absolutely nothing more than taking over from Bush...who was such a horrid President that the world rejoiced when we had a new leader. Trump, unfortunately, is looking to "win" over Bush by being even worse for America's image abroad.

I expect him to rise into the top 10 once we see the impact of the Trump Presidency

Where does Obama's leadership rank in presidential history? These historians say 12th.

For the third time in a row, Abraham Lincoln ranked as the nation's best presidential leader, according to the panel. George Washington came in second, and Franklin D. Roosevelt rounded out the podium at third.

Others are: Theodore Roosevelt (4), Dwight Eisenhower (5), Harry Truman (6), Thomas Jefferson (7), John F. Kennedy (8), Ronald Reagan (9) and Lyndon Johnson (10), Woodrow Wilson (11), Barack Obama (12), James Monroe (13)

Obama is a whores peice of shit offspring... in the mold of shit faced woodrow wilson.

Washington is no. 1 hes the only one that did not want the job but seen it as his duty and after being basically bagged to serve. Along with the fact there was not blue print to running a republic, he the one all others are measured by.

One day I'll tell my grandkids that I survived hussein's reign of terror

I'm a liberal and I wouldn't say he ranked so high. His foreign policy was a disaster, and he allowed for a great social divide to develop during his time in office (although I disagree with the right wing notion that he encouraged this divide).

I will say, however, that unless Trump turns his ship around, that Obama will likely be viewed more favorably than his actions should allow simply because he would be sandwiched between two of the worst presidents in our time period. Let's not forget that Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize for absolutely nothing more than taking over from Bush...who was such a horrid President that the world rejoiced when we had a new leader. Trump, unfortunately, is looking to "win" over Bush by being even worse for America's image abroad.

I think Obama will be looked at as eight years of stability and sanity sandwiched between Bush and Trump

Like it or not.....he prevented a depression, passed Obamacare, killed bin Laden, disengaged from Iraq and Afghanistan, recognized Cuba. He has solid accomplishments. I think the fact that he accomplished so much with a Republican Party so intent on him failing will count in his favor

I'd rather just see Trump do a great job, even though I voted against him, and have him considered great. I don't give a shit about the politics, I just care about results.
There are a lot of people who would prefer to see the nation completely collapse than see a president of an opposition party succeed.
Yep.

And worse, it really seems like that number is growing.

he prevented a depression,

LOL!!!!

He made it longer and worse by borrowing and spending to keep $200k per year bureaucrats in California in office and out of the unemployment line where they belong.

killed bin Laden

and that is the level of intellect needed to believe Obama was anything but a complete disaster....

"He" "killed" "bin Laden."

Let's parse that... Start below... was this building subjected to controlled demolition, or did it fall from "damage" from WTC debris....

011 building 7 - Google Search

He was so proud of "killing" "Bin Laden" he had the Navy dump the plastic replica underwater so nobody could check....

How can you put Kennedy in there?
He didn't even last a single term.
You must be giving points for stopping bullets.

JFK was not even for racial preferences.

If JFK had his way and merit triumphed over skin color, Obama would've been flipping burgers at McDonald's....

he prevented a depression,

LOL!!!!

He made it longer and worse by borrowing and spending to keep $200k per year bureaucrats in California in office and out of the unemployment line where they belong.

killed bin Laden

and that is the level of intellect needed to believe Obama was anything but a complete disaster....

"He" "killed" "bin Laden."

Let's parse that... Start below... was this building subjected to controlled demolition, or did it fall from "damage" from WTC debris....

011 building 7 - Google Search

He was so proud of "killing" "Bin Laden" he had the Navy dump the plastic replica underwater so nobody could check....

President Obama came into office in the midst of the Great Bush Recession of 2008. Stock Market dropped 7000 points, losing 750,000 jobs a month, auto companies failing, banks defaulting. Republicans tried to block him from doing anything about it. Voted against the Stimulus, against rescuing the auto companies and banks, against financial reform

If Obama had done what Republicans wanted, we would have moved into a Depression

Forum List

Back