President Obama Causes Outrage with Reference to ‘Polish Death Camp’

What outrage? This is the first I've heard of it...

Just because you have your head up Obama's ass doesn't men the Poles do.

“The White House will apologize for this outrageous error,” Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski tweeted. Sikorski said that Polish Prime Minister Donald “Tusk will make a statement in the morning. It’s a pity that this important ceremony was upstaged by ignorance and incompetence.”…
“A Polish death camp” — Sikorski also tonight tweeted a link to an Economist story noting that “few things annoy Poles more than being blamed for the crimes committed by the Nazi occupiers of their homeland. For many years, Polish media, diplomats and politicians have tried to persuade outsiders to stop using the phrase ‘Polish death camps’ as a shorthand description of Auschwitz and other exemplars of Nazi brutality and mass murder. Unfortunately this seems to have escaped BaracK Obama’s staff seem not to have noticed this.”…
Alex Storozynski, the President of the Kosciuszko Foundation, lauded the president earlier in the day for recognizing Karski, but now says “Karski would have cringed if he heard this….So far, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Associated Press and others have changed their stylebooks to ban the use of this phrase. Now, the Obama White House must do the same. President Obama’s remarks are already being called ‘scandalous’ by media outlets in Poland. Obama was seen reading this phrase off a teleprompter. The President must acknowledge his mistake and apologize for it. He must do it for Karski and the other Poles that risked their lives trying to stop the Holocaust.”

Is it Obama's fault that the Poles were pussies and couldn't defend themselves? First the Nazis and them the Russians.

Try this gentleman and the Prime Minister of Poland for starters:

“The White House will apologize for this outrageous error,” Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski tweeted. Sikorski said that Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk “will make a statement in the morning. It’s a pity that this important ceremony was upstaged by ignorance and incompetence.”

It's right in the OP.

So, Obama has lost the votes of the Prime Minister of Poland, and the Foreign Minister. Good to know.

My point wasn't that no one was outraged about it - I'm sure that some are - my point was that it was a meaningless gaffe. A faux pas.

No one will remember this a week from now, let alone on election day.

The fact that you guys so gleefully latch on to anything the slightest bit bad about Obama, and then claim that it's the biggest deal in the world is hilarious to me.

To be entirely fair, you should admit that how the libs latched onto any error made by Bush is eerily similar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A]Bush "Fool Me Once..." - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6-wG5LLqE]Wont Get Fooled Again - YouTube[/ame]

Was Keith Moon the best rock drummer, or what?

The death camps were not just for jewish people. Polish people also filled death camps. How is identifying a death camp where there were Polish people as a "polish death camp" insulting to anyone, or factually incorrect?

Factually incorrect.

Oh really? Then please send me to a link that shows that there were no, or hardly any, polish people in the death camps. That really is the only piece of evidence that would negate what I just said, or what Obama said.

The issue is not who was imprisoned at death camps, but who ran them.

To some "Polish death camps" sounds like "death camps run by Polish people", rather than death camps in Poland where Polish people were the victims.

The death camps were not just for jewish people. Polish people also filled death camps. How is identifying a death camp where there were Polish people as a "polish death camp" insulting to anyone, or factually incorrect?

Factually incorrect.

Oh really? Then please send me to a link that shows that there were no, or hardly any, polish people in the death camps. That really is the only piece of evidence that would negate what I just said, or what Obama said.

Of course there were Poles in the death camps. For crying out loud that's not the point.
The point is that there wasn't just bloody Poles in the camps.

That's the only way you could turn them into Polish death camps.

They were Nazi death camps. President fucked up. I don't care. But the Polish Prime Minister and the Ambassador and others care.

One more time so it sinks in. There weren't just Polish people in the death camp. They were Nazi death camps.

Factually incorrect.

The issue is not who was imprisoned at death camps, but who ran them.

To some "Polish death camps" sounds like "death camps run by Polish people", rather than death camps in Poland where Polish people were the victims.

Are they trying to be purposefully obtuse?

I find it interesting that the left finds this insult to the Poles to be a simple "faux pas" that should be overlooked but went nuts when McCain referred to Obama as "that one".

Factually incorrect.

Of course there were Poles in the death camps. For crying out loud that's not the point.

They were Nazi death camps. President fucked up. I don't care. But the Polish Prime Minister and the Ambassador and others care.

One more time so it sinks in. There weren't just Polish people in the death camp. They were Nazi death camps.

So there are only Americans in "American" prisons?

Factually incorrect.

You have no clue about anything you post on.

"Categories of prisoners"

Jews in Auschwitz

Poles in Auschwitz

Sinti and Roma (Gypsies) in Auschwitz

Soviet POWs

Jehovah's Witnesses

Other ethnic groups

In addition to Jews, Poles, Gypsies, and Soviet POWs, about 25 thousand prisoners of other nationalities were imprisoned in Auschwitz. Research on the story of these other nationality groups is still in progress, and the statistics about them should therefore be treated as fragmentary, conservative estimates based on a limited number of cases.

Auschwitz-Birkenau - Categories of prisoners

Oh bite me. I answered appropriately because you can't claim it's a Polish death camp just because there were Polish people in the camp.

Hell's bells anyone but a complete moron knows that the Nazis incarcerated, enslaved and exterminated a wide range of individuals.

They were extremely non discriminatory in their hatred.

I find it interesting that the left finds this insult to the Poles to be a simple "faux pas" that should be overlooked but went nuts when McCain referred to Obama as "that one".

Really? Fuck the Poles and their feelings, if they don't like it don't visit America.

Factually incorrect.

You have no clue about anything you post on.

"Categories of prisoners"

Jews in Auschwitz

Poles in Auschwitz

Sinti and Roma (Gypsies) in Auschwitz

Soviet POWs

Jehovah's Witnesses

Other ethnic groups

In addition to Jews, Poles, Gypsies, and Soviet POWs, about 25 thousand prisoners of other nationalities were imprisoned in Auschwitz. Research on the story of these other nationality groups is still in progress, and the statistics about them should therefore be treated as fragmentary, conservative estimates based on a limited number of cases.

Auschwitz-Birkenau - Categories of prisoners

Oh bite me. I answered appropriately because you can't claim it's a Polish death camp just because there were Polish people in the camp.

Hell's bells anyone but a complete moron knows that the Nazis incarcerated, enslaved and exterminated a wide range of individuals.

They were extremely non discriminatory in their hatred.

Where were the camps located?

Apples and oranges.

Nazi death camps cannot under any circumstances be compared to in any way shape or form any country's penal system.

Got it? There is absolutely no comparison between a country's legitimate penal system and the Nazi death camps.

None. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.

Poles didn't work as guards in these Polish death camps?

Hey if you want to join Obama in now looking like a complete fool by referring to the death camps as Polish death camps, by all means continue to make an asshole of yourself.

:lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Really? Fuck the Poles and their feelings, if they don't like it don't visit America.

Too late. Obama already fucked the Poles. Pass that on to Vladimar.

Try this gentleman and the Prime Minister of Poland for starters:

“The White House will apologize for this outrageous error,” Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski tweeted. Sikorski said that Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk “will make a statement in the morning. It’s a pity that this important ceremony was upstaged by ignorance and incompetence.”

It's right in the OP.

So, Obama has lost the votes of the Prime Minister of Poland, and the Foreign Minister. Good to know.

My point wasn't that no one was outraged about it - I'm sure that some are - my point was that it was a meaningless gaffe. A faux pas.

No one will remember this a week from now, let alone on election day.

The fact that you guys so gleefully latch on to anything the slightest bit bad about Obama, and then claim that it's the biggest deal in the world is hilarious to me.

To be entirely fair, you should admit that how the libs latched onto any error made by Bush is eerily similar.

Of course I'll "admit" that. I've never said any different.

The left and the right are both made up of people. And some people are fucking stupid, no matter which "side" they're on.

"Liberals" often annoy me more than "Conservatives" do.

Apples and oranges.

Nazi death camps cannot under any circumstances be compared to in any way shape or form any country's penal system.

Got it? There is absolutely no comparison between a country's legitimate penal system and the Nazi death camps.

None. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.

Here is what you wrote:

"Of course there were Poles in the death camps. For crying out loud that's not the point.
The point is that there wasn't just bloody Poles in the camps."

"That's the only way you could turn them into Polish death camps."

Your statement says that the only way they could be polish death camps is if it was "just bloody Poles in the camps". Well their are not just Americans in American prisons, there are citizens of many countries in American prisons.

I'm on the fence on this one. Part of me wants to preserve history, and part of me wants it to rot on the dung heap of stupid things we did in history. What's tally? Should we polish death camps and use it for a rememberence of stupid things the right wing did? Or should we allow it to oxidize, and put that ignorance in the past?

It's not an "insult to the Poles". It's a simple faux pas.

And I didn't "go nuts" when McCain referred to Obama as "that one". I didn't care, and I still don't.

Poles didn't work as guards in these Polish death camps?

Hey if you want to join Obama in now looking like a complete fool by referring to the death camps as Polish death camps, by all means continue to make an asshole of yourself.

:lol:

I don't give a shit if the poles don't like the term "polish death camps". Here in Arizona people of your ilk call all Hispanics "Mexicans" and they don't give a shit when the Hispanics complain, so why would I give a fuck if some pole is pissed thousands of miles away?

It's not an "insult to the Poles". It's a simple faux pas.

And I didn't "go nuts" when McCain referred to Obama as "that one". I didn't care, and I still don't.

Looks like the Poles see it as an insult.
President Obama has a long track record of insulting the Poles. In 2010 he chose to play golf on the day of the funeral of the Polish President Lech Kaczynski, the Polish First Lady, and 94 senior officials who perished in the Smolensk air disaster. Eight months earlier he humiliated Warsaw by pulling out of the agreement over Third Site missile defence installations in Poland and the Czech Republic. And last night Barack Obama caused huge offence in Poland by referring to a Nazi death camp in Poland as “a Polish death camp” while awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to a Polish resistance fighter. As ABC’s Jake Tapper reported:
Poles and Polish-Americans expressed outrage today at President Obama’s reference earlier to “a Polish death camp” — as opposed to a Nazi death camp in German-occupied Poland.

Barack Obama has insulted 38 million Poles with his crass and ignorant 'Polish death camp' remark – Telegraph Blogs

Forum List

Back