President Obama Again Criticizes Trips to Las Vegas

At a town hall meeting Monday in Elkhart, Ind., to gain support for the stimulus bill, Obama said that “you can’t go take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayer’s dime.”

“The assumption that all meetings, events, and incentive travel (to Las Vegas) are wasteful is wrong,” Goodman wrote. “Now more than ever, we need businesses to travel and hold meetings and events.”

Rep. Shelley Berkley agreed. “There is no question that as a result of the criticism leveled against business travel to Las Vegas by the President and others,” she said in a written statement, “the community I represent has seen the loss of millions of dollars in revenue, which threatens even more job cuts at a time when we cannot afford the loss of a single visitor.”
Hot Air Blog Archive Stop wasting your money in Vegas, says Obama

Did he lose badly at blackjack one time? Paid too much for a skanky hooker? Any theories on why he would deliberately try to destroy a single city? :doubt:
What part of on the taxpayer's dime don't you understand?

Could you Grease the Skids in Nebraska on the Taxpayer's Dime?... If you are Barry you can!...

How about Flying your Wife out on a Date?...

Let's see...

Billions to NEW Nuke Weapons on the Taxpayer Dime?... Check.

Anyone else got some More to Add to Barry's List of Taxpayer Dimes?...

Of course these are ALL BORROWED DIMES!... ;)

:)

peace...

Merged (again).

A15

Please .. explain to me what that means. Merged.

merge (mûrj)
v. merged, merg·ing, merg·es
v.tr.
1. To cause to be absorbed, especially in gradual stages.
2. To combine or unite: merging two sets of data.
v.intr.
1. To blend together, especially in gradual stages.
2. To become combined or united. See Synonyms at mix.

Merged (again).

A15

merge (mûrj)
v.tr.
v.intr.

Yes, I understand what the word merged means. Thank you.
But why in this thread and in what context. I've seen it posted on this forum before and I'm curious.

Merged (again).

A15

To combine or unite: merging two sets of data.

merge - definition of merge by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I combined three threads on the same topic.

People here, in their haste to release their fauxrage, don't bother to use the search function to see if the topic is already being discussed.

Thank you Article 15, for your clear explanation.
Just keep in mind now ... all the rage the lamestream media and the liberals had when George Bush was President.
Have a nice day!

merge - definition of merge by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

People here, in their haste to release their fauxrage, don't bother to use the search function to see if the topic is already being discussed.

Just keep in mind now ... all the rage the lamestream media and the liberals had when George Bush was President.
Have a nice day!

Anytime!

Keep in mind ... fauxrage is fauxrage whether it's directed at BOOOOOOOSH or The Messiah.

Have a nice day!

Anytime!

Keep in mind ... fauxrage is fauxrage whether it's directed at BOOOOOOOSH or The Messiah.

Make it Taste like Shit when you say the One's Biblical Name!... :lol:

:)

peace...

What was this thread about??

Oh yeah.. Vegas..

I like all the lights.. I wouldn't want to live there.. As for visiting?? Well.. Mt. Charleston would be nice to see.. Take the tour of Hoover Damn.. Oh.. The lights!!

Ok.. I am ready to go home now.. :eusa_whistle:

But its OK to take your wife out to a Broadway show and dinner and then have AF-1 do a strafing run over ground zero?

And it's OK to fly hundreds of staffers to Copenhagen to try to get the Olympics and then again to attend a conference on the modern day alchemy that is "Man Made Global warming"

How about making Congress unpaid, part time work, have them meet only once a month unless there's an emergency, can we start with that?

Works for me.

I doubt the self serving Clowns in Congress would go for it though. Imagine. They might have to get a day job and actually support themselves.

As for "Tightening the belts" I think Congress needs that advice more than us taxpayers do.

Last edited:
"When times are tough, you tighten your belts," the president said. "You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college."

Why would anyone object to this?

Is Las Vegas encouraging peoiple to bet their childrens college education money?

merge (mûrj)
v.tr.
v.intr.

Yes, I understand what the word merged means. Thank you.
But why in this thread and in what context. I've seen it posted on this forum before and I'm curious.

Because too many of your right wing idiots started multiple posts about the same damn non-story. Hence, the MOD merged the multiple threads. Get it? I can try to draw you a picture, if you need further technical assistance.

"When times are tough, you tighten your belts," the president said. "You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don't blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you're trying to save for college."

Why would anyone object to this?

Is Las Vegas encouraging peoiple to bet their childrens college education money?

There was a time when personal responsibility was one of the cornerstones of the Conservative movement. Now it seems they are encouraging Americans to blow their hard earned money on speedboats and Vegas vacations

Forum List

Back