President above the law?

We've never had to deal with a childish unethical president like Trump. I expect the Supreme Court to redefine some of the laws we now have to prepare for the off chance we get another one. It won't happen until Trump is gone, but shortly after.
Is that the supreme court’s job...... to redefine laws?

Perhaps I used the wrong word. It's their responsibility to interpret the laws. I don't think our laws ever intended for the president to be unbound by all our laws. I'm sure congress will have a hand in correcting the problem as well.

We've never had to deal with a childish unethical president like Trump. I expect the Supreme Court to redefine some of the laws we now have to prepare for the off chance we get another one. It won't happen until Trump is gone, but shortly after.

Too funny.

Under current and oncoming circumstances, it is unlikely in the extreme the SCOTUS will move along paths of Democrat making, short of their succeeding at passing amendments, even more unlikely.

We shall see what form it takes, but there will be changes that bring the president under the rule of law more than Trump is claiming to be the case now.

Perhaps I used the wrong word. It's their responsibility to interpret the laws. I don't think our laws ever intended for the president to be unbound by all our laws. I'm sure congress will have a hand in correcting the problem as well.
Of course the president is bound by our laws. Congress can impeach the president for high crimes and misdemeanors.

Of course the president is bound by our laws. Congress can impeach the president for high crimes and misdemeanors.

And I expect that to happen soon after the 2018 elections.

The problem is that right now spineless republicans are in the majority in Congress. It wouldn't seem so hopeless, if a few of them could be found who had an ounce of decency and character.

Last edited:
Trump's lawyers are laying the groundwork for a brazen new legal strategy in the Russia probe

Trump's lawyers are laying the groundwork for a brazen new legal strategy in the Russia probe
  • President Donald Trump's defense team is arguing that Trump cannot be charged with collusion or obstruction of justice — the central threads of the special counsel's Russia investigation.
  • Two of Trump's key defense lawyers, John Dowd and Jay Sekulow, have said in recent days that collusion is not a crime and that Trump as president cannot be guilty of obstruction because he "has every right to express his view of any case."
  • Legal experts have pushed back on the claims, saying that Trump's lawyers are ignoring the crux of the obstruction case and that he could be found guilty of crimes resulting from collusion.
Just how dumb can these people get? The treasonous fat senile old orange clown is now claiming that he is above the law. You 'Conservatives' fine with that?
Trump is setting himself for a downfall

Even Nixon knew better than to declare himself above the law

The problem is that right spineless republicans are in the majority in Congress. It wouldn't seem so hopeless, if a few of them could be found who had an ounce of decency and character.

It won't happen now. The soonest possible would be after the 2018 elections.

Manafort bail deal cancelled....
Manafort worked on op-ed with Russian while out on bail, prosecutors say

Washington (CNN)Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort was ghostwriting an op-ed while out on bail last month with a Russian who has ties to the Russian intelligence service, Justice Department Special Counsel Robert Muller's team said Monday.

In a new filing Monday afternoon, Mueller's investigators said Manafort was working on an editorial in English as late as last Thursday and that it related to his political work for Ukraine, which factored into his money-laundering and foreign lobbying criminal charges.

The filing asks for the court to revisit a bail agreement Mueller's office and Manafort's lawyers made jointly last week. The court had not yet approved a change to his $10 million unsecured bail and house arrest.

"Even if the ghostwritten op-ed were entirely accurate, fair, and balanced, it would be a violation of this Court's November 8 Order if it had been published," prosecutors wrote. "The editorial clearly was undertaken to influence the public's opinion of defendant Manafort, or else there would be no reason to seek its publication (much less for Manafort and his long-time associate to ghostwrite it in another's name)."

Manafort worked on op-ed with Russian while out on bail - CNNPolitics

The Russian probe is over. There was no collusion, they found nothing.

You should tell Mueller. I don't think he got the word.
I think Mueller has gotten sidetracked onto things not related to Russia.

Then by all means you should go tell him.
I just posted on USMB for all to see.

I'm sure he comes here every day.
He’s missing out if he doesn’t.

This is really stupid. Trump will not be legally indicted for this. It's ridiculous to think so. However, the media and the left will summarily indict him. With absolutely no proof.

So, the President who swore to uphold the law and constitution can break the law with no consequences?

Can he murder someone in the oval office and not be charged? That ''theory'' has not been tested yet....

He can be impeached for obstruction of justice or any high crime or misdemeanor, then once removed from office thru impeachment, he can be charged and tried by prosecutors for his crimes.

Is Trump ''The Man of Lawlessness'' that the Bible prophesied about? :eek:

• President Donald Trump's defense team is arguing that Trump cannot be charged with collusion or obstruction of justice — the central threads of the special counsel's Russia investigation.
  • Two of Trump's key defense lawyers, John Dowd and Jay Sekulow, have said in recent days that collusion is not a crime and that Trump as president cannot be guilty of obstruction because he "has every right to express his view of any case."
  • Legal experts have pushed back on the claims, saying that Trump's lawyers are ignoring the crux of the obstruction case and that he could be found guilty of crimes resulting from collusion.
Just how dumb can these people get? The treasonous fat senile old orange clown is now claiming that he is above the law. You 'Conservatives' fine with that?
You were fine with Obama abusing power, why not Trump too?

President who think they are above the law end up getting charged with obstruction

Forum List

Back