Preschool Kids Less Likely to Grow Up as Criminals

Tell us about modern societies who do not have a public schools system and how they fare in the world?

When and where have I EVER suggested that I am in favor of Modern Society, TM? I am a believer that ANY form of advanced education is a privilege, not a right; and that even the basic ed should be handled at the city/neighborhood/family level much more than at the State or Federal level.

Also remember that as an Isolationist and a Nationalist, I couldn't care any less what other countries do.
Go away, asshole.

The US has an under funded education system.

Wow!

That is the most ignorant statement I've read all day today. The US spends more on education per student than any other country in the world save Switzerland and we have piss poor results to show for it.

K-12 Spending Per Student in the OECD | Mercatus

Education spending in the US has tripled since the mid 1980s with no measurable results to show for it.

Since 1985, federal education spending tripled, yet studies by the National Assessment of Educational Progress show reading, math and science scores remained flat. Internationally, our 8th graders rank 14th in reading, 17th in science and 25th in math. Almost 30 percent of our teenagers don't finish high school, according to the National Center for Education Statistics, and half who enter college drop out, even though per pupil spending nationally averages more than $10,000 a year. America has fallen to 9th in the proportion of young people with a college degree.

Taxpayer Calculator: Education Spending in Obama's 2012 Budget - FoxNews.com

The problem with public education in this country has never been and is not financial.

Forum List

Back