Predictions For Friday's November Jobs Report

It's that time of the month! No......not THAT time, Rabbi. It's time for the jobs report. It comes out on Friday.

It has become a ritual over the past five years.....any positive data is met with a swift cry of "labor force participation" and "the real numbers are horrible" from our resident ODS nutbags.

After 68 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS of private sector jobs gains.....what can we expect for November?

My take........215,000 new non farm jobs and an unemployment rate UNDER 5%.

And........GO!
Much higher than 200k, but ya gotta remember it's seasonal jobs

Hmmmm. Ya think?

It's that time of the month! No......not THAT time, Rabbi. It's time for the jobs report. It comes out on Friday.

It has become a ritual over the past five years.....any positive data is met with a swift cry of "labor force participation" and "the real numbers are horrible" from our resident ODS nutbags.

After 68 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS of private sector jobs gains.....what can we expect for November?

And........GO!
He doesn't want to hear that. He believes that everyone is doing great, the economy is doing great, people are going to be spending a lot money, poverty will rapidly decrease, those presently receiving some form of government assistance, will soon be out shopping for a new home and car, and that Obama has turned things around, and nothing but blue skies are in the forecast.

Just ask him, he'll tell you how good we're doing.

Why are you putting words in my mouth?
Just guessing how you would respond if asked how we're doing economically. In the past, you've made it clear that you believe that things are on the rebound, things are looking up, and that Obama has turned the tide from negative to positive. I was talking a wild guess. How far off was I?

it's holiday season, so duh, people get hired.

and as a reminder, again, job 'growth' isn't keeping pace with population growth, so more people are UE now than last year
What about the other 68 months?

That's a great strategy for the GOP to use when the good news comes out Friday though. Good job. :clap:
incredibly slow growth that can't keep pace with population?

what else needs to be said?

dems suck at this bullshit job creation idea of theirs and they are proud of sucking.
The GOP controls Congress, what are they doing?

Which is why the numbers are seasonally adjusted. The unadjusted change in jobs for Sept-Oct was 1,152,000, adjusted down to 271,000 because most of those jobs were because hiring always goes up in October.

and as a reminder, again, job 'growth' isn't keeping pace with population growth, so more people are UE now than last year
No, the number of unemployed has gone down by about 1 million. And the employment-population ratio has held steady for over a year, so employment is keeping up with population growth....October last year it was 59.5%, and it was 59.5% this October.

And........GO!
He doesn't want to hear that. He believes that everyone is doing great, the economy is doing great, people are going to be spending a lot money, poverty will rapidly decrease, those presently receiving some form of government assistance, will soon be out shopping for a new home and car, and that Obama has turned things around, and nothing but blue skies are in the forecast.

Just guessing how you would respond if asked how we're doing economically. In the past, you've made it clear that you believe that things are on the rebound, things are looking up, and that Obama has turned the tide from negative to positive. I was talking a wild guess. How far off was I?

Is the economy improving?

That's a great strategy for the GOP to use when the good news comes out Friday though. Good job. :clap:
Umm ... that would be a holiday season that's lasted an unprecedented 68 months. :eusa_doh:

Friday will make 69.

G'head .... this is where you bitch and moan about the labor force participation rate and part time jobs. :lmao:

incredibly slow growth that can't keep pace with population?

what else needs to be said?

dems suck at this bullshit job creation idea of theirs and they are proud of sucking.
The GOP controls Congress, what are they doing?
They play poker on Thursday nights, go to polo matches Wednesday afternoons, meet at the strip club ( tittie bar ) on Friday nights, and fake going to church Sunday mornings. The rest of the time, they sit around counting the money that they've collected during the week from Lobbyists, special interests, and their backers. Questions?

Umm ... that would be a holiday season that's lasted an unprecedented 68 months. :eusa_doh:

Friday will make 69.

G'head .... this is where you bitch and moan about the labor force participation rate and part time jobs. :lmao:

dear, a 2% recovery makes it worst since Great Depression. This is why Fed keep interest rates at 0% for for all of Barry's tenure!! Do you have the IQ to understand. How could an anti business president have a good economy with growing incomes??

That's why the monthly numbers are seasonally adjusted.For example, last month the adjusted number of new jobs was 240,000 while the unadjusted number increased by 736,000.

And the number unemployed is DECREASING, not increasing because employment is more than keeping up with population growth.

It takes only 112,263 new jobs per month to maintain 5% UE and keep up with population growth, so any greater number of jobs created reduces the U-3 rate.

Jobs Calculator

And the number unemployed is DECREASING, not increasing because employment is more than keeping up with population growth.

yes but at lower wages and fewer hours and that is with 0% interest rates. Worst recovery since Great Depression which is why Fed is so afraid to raise interest rates above 0% while Barry is at the helm!

And........GO!

Not from what I see, read, and hear. But, of course, unlike most people, I look at the big picture, and not just the BS shoveled to us from the Washington Brotherhood.

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(2) The decline of the Middle Class
(3) The cost of living to wage ratio.
(4) The number of citizens receiving some form of government assistance. ( 47 million on food stamps alone )
(5) Poverty and homelessness
(6) The growing gap between the rich and the poor
(7) Lower wages and less employer paid benefits
(8) Malls and retail outlets going out of business
(9) The off-shore out-sourcing of jobs ( customer service, medical billing, etc. )
(10) The importing of labor ( cheap labor from countries like India and from Southeast Asia )
(11) Population growth
(12) The astronomical and rising national debt ( pushing $20 Trillion )
(13) Troubled pension funds
(14) Employees 50 and older forced to take early retirement
(15) Increases in the cost of food, utilities, and rent
(16) The increasing cost of higher education
(17) The increasing cost of proper health care ( increases in premiums, less coverage, higher deductibles )
(18) Senseless deadly costly wars ( paid for with debt that future generations will have to pay back )
(19) Our rundown infrastructure ( no money for repairs or upgrades )
(20) Cities either going bankrupt, or close to it ( Detroit, Chicago )
(21) Troubled banks ( in the news again today )
(22) Half of our children are living in poverty ( about a month ago on CNN news )
(23) College grads flipping burgers and living with parents ( no jobs )

Now, just how great are we doing economically?

Not from what I see, read, and hear. But, of course, unlike most people, I look at the big picture, and not just the BS shoveled to us from the Washington Brotherhood.

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(4) The number of citizens receiving some form of government assistance. ( 47 million on food stamps alone )
(9) The off-shore out-sourcing of jobs ( customer service, medical billing, etc. )
(10) The importing of labor ( cheap labor from countries like India and from Southeast Asia )
(11) Population growth
(17) The increasing cost of proper health care ( increases in premiums, less coverage, higher deductibles )
(18) Senseless deadly costly wars ( paid for with debt that future generations will have to pay back )
(22) Half of our children are living in poverty ( about a month ago on CNN news )

I didn't ask you what you think of the economy in general or for list of empty bullet points about what you don't like about our economy. I asked if the economy is improving.

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(11) Population growth

I didn't ask you what you think of the economy in general. I asked if the economy is improving.
Read the very first sentence in my response to that question. ( see above - my last comment )
NOT FROM WHAT I SEE, READ, AND HEAR.

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(11) Population growth

I didn't ask you what you think of the economy in general. I asked if the economy is improving.
Read the very first sentence in my response to that question. ( see above - my last comment )

It's improving. This is undisputed fact. You do care about facts, don't you?

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(11) Population growth

It's improving. This is undisputed fact. You do care about facts, don't you?
Sure, I care about facts. As a matter of FACT, I listed the FACTS for you, about 23 of them. Oh, and I did dispute it with a total of 23 disputes. So, it's not undisputed. QUESTIONS?

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(11) Population growth

I didn't ask you what you think of the economy in general or for list of empty bullet points about what you don't like about our economy. I asked if the economy is improving.
Empty bullet points?? Please....................... can you dispute each point that I listed concerning our economy? Also, If you'll read, I did answer your question. But, since you overlooked it, I'll repeat it for your benefit. My answer: Not from what I see, read, and hear.

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(11) Population growth

Empty bullet points?? Please....................... can you dispute each point that I listed concerning our economy? Also, If you'll read, I did answer your question. But, since you overlooked it, I'll repeat it for your benefit. My answer: Not from what I see, read, and hear.

Sonny....I can discuss any of those bullet points. Pick one.

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(11) Population growth

Sonny....I can discuss any of those bullet points. Pick one.
I pick all of them. But, you can pick any that you can dispute with facts and data to back your claim up. I'm very sure that I can back up every single one of them. Everything that I listed has made headlines. Just today, I posted a couple of pieces that concerns citizen debt and the troubled manufacturing sector. CNNmoney.com has articles on the subjects all the time. I read them every single day. I don't make this stuff up. Several major news outlets report this stuff all the time. If you have sources that dispute the items, please give your sources so that I can go read what they say.

Forum List

Back