Predictions For Friday's November Jobs Report

it's holiday season, so duh, people get hired.

and as a reminder, again, job 'growth' isn't keeping pace with population growth, so more people are UE now than last year
What about the other 68 months?

That's a great strategy for the GOP to use when the good news comes out Friday though. Good job. :clap:
Umm ... that would be a holiday season that's lasted an unprecedented 68 months. :eusa_doh:

Friday will make 69.

G'head .... this is where you bitch and moan about the labor force participation rate and part time jobs. :lmao:

dear, a 2% recovery makes it worst since Great Depression. This is why Fed keep interest rates at 0% for for all of Barry's tenure!! Do you have the IQ to understand. How could an anti business president have a good economy with growing incomes??
Slower growth is better than a sharp increase followed by a deep decrease...

It's that time of the month! No......not THAT time, Rabbi. It's time for the jobs report. It comes out on Friday.

It has become a ritual over the past five years.....any positive data is met with a swift cry of "labor force participation" and "the real numbers are horrible" from our resident ODS nutbags.

After 68 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS of private sector jobs gains.....what can we expect for November?

My take........215,000 new non farm jobs and an unemployment rate UNDER 5%.

And........GO!
Much higher than 200k, but ya gotta remember it's seasonal jobs
He doesn't want to hear that. He believes that everyone is doing great, the economy is doing great, people are going to be spending a lot money, poverty will rapidly decrease, those presently receiving some form of government assistance, will soon be out shopping for a new home and car, and that Obama has turned things around, and nothing but blue skies are in the forecast.

Just ask him, he'll tell you how good we're doing.
People aren't spending more, though.
This "Black Friday" was barely gray.
Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of employees were pulled away from their families to go run these shifts that just HAD to be open only to see a drop in sales from last year in the billions

He doesn't want to hear that. He believes that everyone is doing great, the economy is doing great, people are going to be spending a lot money, poverty will rapidly decrease, those presently receiving some form of government assistance, will soon be out shopping for a new home and car, and that Obama has turned things around, and nothing but blue skies are in the forecast.

Why are you putting words in my mouth?
Just guessing how you would respond if asked how we're doing economically. In the past, you've made it clear that you believe that things are on the rebound, things are looking up, and that Obama has turned the tide from negative to positive. I was talking a wild guess. How far off was I?

Is the economy improving?
Not from what I see, read, and hear. But, of course, unlike most people, I look at the big picture, and not just the BS shoveled to us from the Washington Brotherhood.

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(2) The decline of the Middle Class
(3) The cost of living to wage ratio.
(4) The number of citizens receiving some form of government assistance. ( 47 million on food stamps alone )
(5) Poverty and homelessness
(6) The growing gap between the rich and the poor
(7) Lower wages and less employer paid benefits
(8) Malls and retail outlets going out of business
(9) The off-shore out-sourcing of jobs ( customer service, medical billing, etc. )
(10) The importing of labor ( cheap labor from countries like India and from Southeast Asia )
(11) Population growth
(12) The astronomical and rising national debt ( pushing $20 Trillion )
(13) Troubled pension funds
(14) Employees 50 and older forced to take early retirement
(15) Increases in the cost of food, utilities, and rent
(16) The increasing cost of higher education
(17) The increasing cost of proper health care ( increases in premiums, less coverage, higher deductibles )
(18) Senseless deadly costly wars ( paid for with debt that future generations will have to pay back )
(19) Our rundown infrastructure ( no money for repairs or upgrades )
(20) Cities either going bankrupt, or close to it ( Detroit, Chicago )
(21) Troubled banks ( in the news again today )
(22) Half of our children are living in poverty ( about a month ago on CNN news )
(23) College grads flipping burgers and living with parents ( no jobs )

Now, just how great are we doing economically?

I didn't ask you what you think of the economy in general or for list of empty bullet points about what you don't like about our economy. I asked if the economy is improving.
he must have a copynpaste word file that he uses. Did a word dump in one of my threads as well

It's that time of the month! No......not THAT time, Rabbi. It's time for the jobs report. It comes out on Friday.

It has become a ritual over the past five years.....any positive data is met with a swift cry of "labor force participation" and "the real numbers are horrible" from our resident ODS nutbags.

After 68 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS of private sector jobs gains.....what can we expect for November?

And........GO!

Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of employees were pulled away from their families to go run these shifts that just HAD to be open only to see a drop in sales from last year in the billions
how were online sales compared to last year this time? :eusa_whistle: Stop acting foolish :p

And........GO!

I think you are cherry picking.

Retail sales are up.

Why are you putting words in my mouth?
Just guessing how you would respond if asked how we're doing economically. In the past, you've made it clear that you believe that things are on the rebound, things are looking up, and that Obama has turned the tide from negative to positive. I was talking a wild guess. How far off was I?

Not from what I see, read, and hear. But, of course, unlike most people, I look at the big picture, and not just the BS shoveled to us from the Washington Brotherhood.

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(4) The number of citizens receiving some form of government assistance. ( 47 million on food stamps alone )
(9) The off-shore out-sourcing of jobs ( customer service, medical billing, etc. )
(10) The importing of labor ( cheap labor from countries like India and from Southeast Asia )
(11) Population growth
(17) The increasing cost of proper health care ( increases in premiums, less coverage, higher deductibles )
(18) Senseless deadly costly wars ( paid for with debt that future generations will have to pay back )
(22) Half of our children are living in poverty ( about a month ago on CNN news )

I didn't ask you what you think of the economy in general or for list of empty bullet points about what you don't like about our economy. I asked if the economy is improving.
he must have a copynpaste word file that he uses. Did a word dump in one of my threads as well
WRONG !!!!! ----- I did NOT copy and paste that. I typed it line by line. I do NOT do "word dumps". QUSETIONS?

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(11) Population growth

Empty bullet points?? Please....................... can you dispute each point that I listed concerning our economy? Also, If you'll read, I did answer your question. But, since you overlooked it, I'll repeat it for your benefit. My answer: Not from what I see, read, and hear.

Sonny....I can discuss any of those bullet points. Pick one.
I pick all of them. But, you can pick any that you can dispute with facts and data to back your claim up. I'm very sure that I can back up every single one of them. Everything that I listed has made headlines. Just today, I posted a couple of pieces that concerns citizen debt and the troubled manufacturing sector. CNNmoney.com has articles on the subjects all the time. I read them every single day. I don't make this stuff up. Several major news outlets report this stuff all the time. If you have sources that dispute the items, please give your sources so that I can go read what they say.

Pick one.

And........GO!

Retail sales are up.
Where are retails sales up? Nationwide? Certain states? Certain regions? Can you give us your numbers and locations? Thanks.

I LOOK AT :

(1) Home ownership
(11) Population growth

Empty bullet points?? Please....................... can you dispute each point that I listed concerning our economy? Also, If you'll read, I did answer your question. But, since you overlooked it, I'll repeat it for your benefit. My answer: Not from what I see, read, and hear.

I pick all of them. But, you can pick any that you can dispute with facts and data to back your claim up. I'm very sure that I can back up every single one of them. Everything that I listed has made headlines. Just today, I posted a couple of pieces that concerns citizen debt and the troubled manufacturing sector. CNNmoney.com has articles on the subjects all the time. I read them every single day. I don't make this stuff up. Several major news outlets report this stuff all the time. If you have sources that dispute the items, please give your sources so that I can go read what they say.

Pick one.
OK ----- Try #7 to start. But, as I have already said, I pick all of them, or else I wouldn't have included all in the list. But, you can give me your facts and data on #7 first. Please provide links. Thanks.

And........GO!

Retail sales are up.
Where are retails sales up? Nationwide? Certain states? Certain regions? Can you give us your numbers and locations? Thanks.

US Retail Sales

Pick one.
OK ----- Try #7 to start. But, as I have already said, I pick all of them, or else I wouldn't have included all in the list. But, you can give me your facts and data on #7 first. Please provide links. Thanks.

You want links? Where are yours?

Let me look at #7. Give me a sec.

Retail sales are up.

US Retail Sales
US Retail Sales is at a current level of 394.93B, down from 394.95B last month. This represents a monthly annualized growth rate of -0.05%, compared to a long term average annualized growth rate of 4.24%.
Value One Year Ago: 390.21B
Last Value: 394.93B
Change From One Year Ago: 1.21%

A modest increase. Thanks for the info.

And........GO!

how were online sales compared to last year this time? :eusa_whistle: Stop acting foolish :p
Explain to me how that makes it okay to pull these people away from their families. (or did you miss that part?)
Online sales requires a fraction of employees that the "brick and mortar" needs to operate.
So, although a buncha people got hired, some/alot/most(?) may not have even been necessary.
Don't get me wrong. I think it's a good thing. The lower the demand for this bullshit shopping day, the easier my schedule :thup:

Retail sales are up.

US Retail Sales
US Retail Sales is at a current level of 394.93B, down from 394.95B last month. This represents a monthly annualized growth rate of -0.05%, compared to a long term average annualized growth rate of 4.24%.
Value One Year Ago: 390.21B
Last Value: 394.93B
Change From One Year Ago: 1.21%

A modest increase. Thanks for the info.

Improving. That's what I said.

Pick one.

21 Workplace Benefits That Are Rapidly Disappearing

Pick one.

21 Workplace Benefits That Are Rapidly Disappearing

That was from 2011. I'll need something more recent.

And........GO!

Retail sales are up.
Black Friday Sales Down More Than $1 Billion

Black Friday Total Sales Crash 10% (Despite Rise In Online Spend) | Zero Hedge

Black Friday Store Sales Fall as Americans Buy More Online

Forum List

Back