Predictions.. 2012 election Cycle

Nonsense. The LEFT wants race to be important. The RIGHT does not. The right knows that the war to end slavery, to end segregation, and to open doors of opportunity for all has been fought and won, and it was mostly rightwingers, even mostly religious types, regardless of what political party they identified themselves with, who caused most of that to happen.

So the war is over. Conservatives want to stop fighting it. Conservatives want the right to treat everybody the same including those with different skin color. As long as there are people taking immediate offense and shouting RACIST at every image, innuendo, or analogy used, just because it is used re a black person, racism will remain alive, well, and used for political advantage.

And it is true that the left tends to be far more genuinely racist than the right because it is the left who notices, focuses on, points out, and makes race important and uses it to their political advantage.

Object to that. You should.

The Republican Party is the one who has historically used race politically, until that stopped being fashionable.

Remember Reagan's mythical "Welfare Queen". (The woman he described didn't actually exist)
Jesse Helms and his "White Hands" ad.
George H. Bush and the Willie Horton ads.
Even as recently as 2006, when Corker used the Playboy mansion ad against Harold Ford. The one where they had a white woman saying to Ford "Call me".

When Strom Thurmond left the Democratic Party, he found himself a home in the GOP. And I just don't mean Strom himself, but the kind of people who voted for him.

Now I'm sure someone on the GOP side will come out here and try to defend every last one of these stands. But as the president is fond of saying, "Optics" is everything.

And getting back to my favorite subject, this is why Mitt Romney would be a catastrophe for the GOP to run. He belongs to a "religion" that didn't admit blacks to full membership until 1978 (even Strom had blacks on his staff by that point), and has in their "holy" texts that dark skin is a curse from God. That isn't going to play well.

And since I'm an equal oppurtunity basher, neither will Perry having a rock with the n-word on it at his place.

You are so full of it. The "White Hands" ad was objection to racial quotas, something many Democrats also objected to. The Willie Horton ad was first used by Democrats against Democrats. Anybody who wants to call Gerald Ford's campaign or administration racist is an idiot and Strom Thurmond joined the Republicans long after he had recanted his racist views and demonstrated that with his behavior, staff, and votes. Shall I pull out some Robert Byrd quotes or Lyndon Johnson quotes et all or others to 'prove' how racist the Democrats were/are?

NONE of the civil rights legislation would have passed without strong Republican support.

You can proof text anything, distort it, misrepresent it, and make it look really awful to the gullible, blindly partisan, and idiots.

I would like to give you more credit than sinking to that level though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I actually think the left is doing a good job of making the right look wacky, extreme, obstructionist and all about defeating Obama at the cost of the economy.

So at this point I'm not comfortable making serious predictions about whether the Capitol will become more red or more blue.

Hmmm? Nobody mentioned cr@pping on a cop car, climbing a statue and demanding the resignation of Michael Bloomberg, did they?

Doug Schoen said there are about 60 per cent Marxists in the gathering, the rest are either drug or sex crazed party goers along for the good times that are tolerated only because they help fill the camera view finder. If the history of past Communist inspired revolutions be prologue, they'll be deftly dealt with in short order after the takeover. There are numerous burial pits in Siberia and Cambodia filled with the remains of their political predecessors, who joined on for the ride and couldn't quite measure up to the rigors required after their usefulness expired.
There may even be some poetic justice in it all, the dude who so graphically dumped on the cop car may even die with his feces in his own mouth. Commies are ingenious in that regard. The inventor of the guillotine died by the very implement he created.
Be careful of any open abandoned hand dug wells, especially Siberian ones.

You are so full of it. The "White Hands" ad was objection to racial quotas, something many Democrats also objected to. The Willie Horton ad was first used by Democrats against Democrats. Anybody who wants to call Gerald Ford's campaign or administration racist is an idiot and Strom Thurmond joined the Republicans long after he had recanted his racist views and demonstrated that with his behavior, staff, and votes. Shall I pull out some Robert Byrd quotes or Lyndon Johnson quotes et all or others to 'prove' how racist the Democrats were/are?

NONE of the civil rights legislation would have passed without strong Republican support.

You can proof text anything, distort it, misrepresent it, and make it look really awful to the gullible, blindly partisan, and idiots.

1) White Hands- It's still considered one of the most racist ads in politics. Of course, context is everything. Helms was the guy who said we shouldn't give MLK a holiday because he was a communist. And he was running against Harvey Gant, a black Democrat. Sorry, you can't "Whitewash" that one.

The tag line-

""You needed that job, but they had to give it to a minority."

Right. Nothing racist there at all.

2) Willie HOrton. - Al Gore brought up the Furlough program. He did not signal out Horton (who never called himself "Willie") by name or put up a commercial with the guy's scary mug shot on it.

3) Strom Thurmond's best way of recanting his racist bullshit would have been to retire from politics. The GOP should have never accepted him.

4) Gerald Ford? WTF?

Now, yeah, LBJ and Byrd had some unpleasent stuff in their past. But they more than redeemed themselves. LBJ knew that the Democrats would lose the south for a generation (he was an optimist) when he signed on to the 1964 Civil Right Act, which Barry Goldwater opposed. (Again, a lot of Republicans went along with it, like George Bush, whild Democrats like Al Gore Sr. opposed it.)

But the votes tell the numbers. Obama got 96% of the black vote. John F. Kerry, who probably only encounters black people when they bring him his dinner, got 89%. The GOP has a lot of making up to do.

Unfortunately, the only African-Americans who would be caught having a drink with the GOP are guys like Alan Keyes and Herman Cain.

My point is, the GOP needs to tread carefully, especially against this president.

Nonsense. The LEFT wants race to be important. The RIGHT does not. The right knows that the war to end slavery, to end segregation, and to open doors of opportunity for all has been fought and won, and it was mostly rightwingers, even mostly religious types, regardless of what political party they identified themselves with, who caused most of that to happen.

So the war is over. Conservatives want to stop fighting it. Conservatives want the right to treat everybody the same including those with different skin color. As long as there are people taking immediate offense and shouting RACIST at every image, innuendo, or analogy used, just because it is used re a black person, racism will remain alive, well, and used for political advantage.

And it is true that the left tends to be far more genuinely racist than the right because it is the left who notices, focuses on, points out, and makes race important and uses it to their political advantage.

Object to that. You should.

The Republican Party is the one who has historically used race politically, until that stopped being fashionable.

Remember Reagan's mythical "Welfare Queen". (The woman he described didn't actually exist)
Even as recently as 2006, when Corker used the Playboy mansion ad against Harold Ford. The one where they had a white woman saying to Ford "Call me".

When Strom Thurmond left the Democratic Party, he found himself a home in the GOP. And I just don't mean Strom himself, but the kind of people who voted for him.

Now I'm sure someone on the GOP side will come out here and try to defend every last one of these stands. But as the president is fond of saying, "Optics" is everything.

And getting back to my favorite subject, this is why Mitt Romney would be a catastrophe for the GOP to run. He belongs to a "religion" that didn't admit blacks to full membership until 1978 (even Strom had blacks on his staff by that point), and has in their "holy" texts that dark skin is a curse from God. That isn't going to play well.

And since I'm an equal oppurtunity basher, neither will Perry having a rock with the n-word on it at his place.

You know....someone should notify the coloreds that the GOP is the party that has their best interests at heart. You better talk real slow to em' though. They've been fooled by them fast talkin' democrats fer dern near 50 years!

1) White Hands- It's still considered one of the most racist ads in politics. Of course, context is everything. Helms was the guy who said we shouldn't give MLK a holiday because he was a communist. And he was running against Harvey Gant, a black Democrat. Sorry, you can't "Whitewash" that one.

The tag line-

2) Willie HOrton. - Al Gore brought up the Furlough program. He did not signal out Horton (who never called himself "Willie") by name or put up a commercial with the guy's scary mug shot on it.

3) Strom Thurmond's best way of recanting his racist bullshit would have been to retire from politics. The GOP should have never accepted him.

4) Gerald Ford? WTF?

Now, yeah, LBJ and Byrd had some unpleasent stuff in their past. But they more than redeemed themselves. LBJ knew that the Democrats would lose the south for a generation (he was an optimist) when he signed on to the 1964 Civil Right Act, which Barry Goldwater opposed. (Again, a lot of Republicans went along with it, like George Bush, whild Democrats like Al Gore Sr. opposed it.)

But the votes tell the numbers. Obama got 96% of the black vote. John F. Kerry, who probably only encounters black people when they bring him his dinner, got 89%. The GOP has a lot of making up to do.

Unfortunately, the only African-Americans who would be caught having a drink with the GOP are guys like Alan Keyes and Herman Cain.

My point is, the GOP needs to tread carefully, especially against this president.

TheGOP has done everything they can to court the black vote. It simply wont happen because the racists who run the black orgs are in bed with the Democrats. Smart blacks who work their way into the system will understand this and tend more towards the GOP. The organized black community wil continue to become increasingly irrelevant. But they want poverty as it gives them something to do.

Yeah, I actually think the left is doing a good job of making the right look wacky, extreme, obstructionist and all about defeating Obama at the cost of the economy.

So at this point I'm not comfortable making serious predictions about whether the Capitol will become more red or more blue.

(Making the right look wacky, ehh?)

"“F*** the Military, F*** Your Flag!”

This “occupier” in Dayton, Ohio, is a typical lefty in his unfocused rage, his inarticulateness, and his hatred for everything that most people consider normal. The video was shot for "

“F*** the Military, F*** Your Flag!” | Power Line

TheGOP has done everything they can to court the black vote. It simply wont happen because the racists who run the black orgs are in bed with the Democrats. Smart blacks who work their way into the system will understand this and tend more towards the GOP. The organized black community wil continue to become increasingly irrelevant. But they want poverty as it gives them something to do.

So you are saying 96% of African Americans aren't smart? Seriously? this is what you are going with?

I think the GOP has a good message for the African-American community, but they've done a lousy job packaging it.

Gads Foxfyre...I see you keep trying reason and great arguments, perhaps climbing Mount Everest would be easier on you....:lol:

LOL thanks Lumpy. Climbing Mt. Everest would be a hell of a lot less frustrating I bet. :)

You know....someone should notify the coloreds that the GOP is the party that has their best interests at heart. You better talk real slow to em' though. They've been fooled by them fast talkin' democrats fer dern near 50 years!

No shit! However, they are not the sheep you think, watch out when they begin to pay attention. In all likelihood, it will be over school choice.

So you are saying 96% of African Americans aren't smart? Seriously? this is what you are going with?

I think the GOP has a good message for the African-American community, but they've done a lousy job packaging it.

Where do you get the 96% number from?
The GOP is up against a drumbeat from media and other sources that they are hostile to the black community. It isn't so. It's never been so. They are hostile to special interests and special treatment, which some black leaders have interpreted as hostility because it threatens their position as spokesmen.

But it is an almost unwinnable battle. After all, both Colin Powell and JC Watts ended up supporting Obama. In the face of entrenched prejudice like that why bother?

The tag line-

4) Gerald Ford? WTF?

Excellent post. What it comes down to in your debate with Foxy is that there is this little thing called perception. I don't think she realizes that.

No shit! However, they are not the sheep you think, watch out when they begin to pay attention. In all likelihood, it will be over school choice.

OK, everyone, try real hard to figure that one out. It's one of them special posts with the hidden meaning. Oh......the mystery.

OK, everyone, try real hard to figure that one out. It's one of them special posts with the hidden meaning. Oh......the mystery.

That was an around about way of saying the topic was over your head. :lol:

Ya think? I suppose you can explain how school choice is the issue that will make black people vote for Mitt Romney.

This should be good. And........don't worry, I'll let you borrow my ladder.

The GOP is up against a drumbeat from media and other sources that they are hostile to the black community. It isn't so. It's never been so. They are hostile to special interests and special treatment, which some black leaders have interpreted as hostility because it threatens their position as spokesmen.

But it is an almost unwinnable battle. After all, both Colin Powell and JC Watts ended up supporting Obama. In the face of entrenched prejudice like that why bother?

Yup....even Powell and Watts realized Republicans don't represent their best interests. Especially after Bush let Powell take the rap for Iraq

The 96% was the percentage of the black vote that went to Obama last time. However, 89% of the black vote went to John Kerry in 2004. And it isn't because they are "brainwashed" or "pressured" or "the media". It's because the GOP has been on the wrong side of every debate on race in the last 30 years. It's because they've used racist commercials and appealed to the worst angels of our nature.

The 96% was the percentage of the black vote that went to Obama last time. However, 89% of the black vote went to John Kerry in 2004. And it isn't because they are "brainwashed" or "pressured" or "the media". It's because the GOP has been on the wrong side of every debate on race in the last 30 years. It's because they've used racist commercials and appealed to the worst angels of our nature.

All politics is local. How many blacks live in traditionally Democratic cities like NY, Detroit, LA, Chicago, Cleveland, etc?
It has nothing to do with perceived racism by the GOP. That is bullshit.

All politics is local. How many blacks live in traditionally Democratic cities like NY, Detroit, LA, Chicago, Cleveland, etc?

96% of blacks don't live in NY, Detroit or Chicago. They know the Republicans do not have their best interests in mind and vote accordingly. Republicans have shown they are fine with that as it helps them appeal to the extreme right

96% of blacks don't live in NY, Detroit or Chicago. They know the Republicans do not have their best interests in mind and vote accordingly. Republicans have shown they are fine with that as it helps them appeal to the extreme right

The GOP does not have the interests of those interested in being permanent mooches at heart. You are right there. That belongs to the Democratic Party.

The GOP does not have the interests of those interested in being permanent mooches at heart. You are right there. That belongs to the Democratic Party.

So now we have the right wing claiming that 96% of blacks are permanent moochers

Then they wonder why blacks will not vote for them.

Forum List

Back