Predfan vs Wild Hogs

Good luck!! The big ones can be some serious dangerous game.

But the smaller ones make for some tasty eating!!!

pigs are pretty easy/safe with a big rifle. Why not use a real sidearm ,like a .45 auto?

So in one thread you talk about how the .45 is all hype, as far as stopping power. Now you suggest using one to take an animal that is notoriously tenacious & tough?

I suggest a rifle, so they can put as many feral hogs down as possible.

pigs are pretty easy/safe with a big rifle. Why not use a real sidearm ,like a .45 auto?
Did you not read my OP? This is my first hunt. Also, if I choose a handgun, i won't fuck around with that small shit. I'll use my 44 magnum.

Thank you. If you are going to hunt game that can potentially turn and attack, a revolver is the way to go. And the big .44 is a good choice.

Of all the game you will ever hunt, feral pigs are by far the smartest, wiliest, and most dangerous of all. Just because you drop one doesn't mean you can back off caution. They are hard to kill and have some of the sharpest tusks you will ever encounter.

Get as many as you can. They are a threat to the natural course of things in this country.

Of all the game you will ever hunt, feral pigs are by far the smartest, wiliest, and most dangerous of all. Just because you drop one doesn't mean you can back off caution. They are hard to kill and have some of the sharpest tusks you will ever encounter.

Get as many as you can. They are a threat to the natural course of things in this country.

There is a reason they have been called the "Poor Man's Grizzly".

Yup, here in Florida there is no bag limit and no licence needed. I hope to get one or two.

Yup, here in Florida there is no bag limit and no licence needed. I hope to get one or two.

I hope he and his friends get a couple of dozen!

I hope he and his friends get a couple of dozen!

They need to get all they can.

I'm thinking that it might be difficult to get more than one.

I've never done this before but I can't imagine that when the first shot is taken that the rest of the pigs within miles go immediately into hiding. One shot is all we may get.

I've never done this before but I can't imagine that when the first shot is taken that the rest of the pigs within miles go immediately into hiding. One shot is all we may get.
It is amazing how fast a herd can vanish once the first shot is made.

Yeah, I wish I had a silencer.

I'd like a grenade launcher, maybe some Claymores.

lol! A grenade launcher would do the trick.

lol! A grenade launcher would do the trick.

To tell the truth, I do not know how you thin the population as long as the Fed keep the National Forests as sanctuaries for the breeders.

Last year, more than 90 hogs came off the section I lease.

More just cross the road from the NF and take their place.

To my knowledge, there are no restraints whatsoever on hunting feral pigs, no matter where they are.
There are beaucoup restraints on Federal land.

First off, if there is no other legal game open, you can't hunt them.

You can't run them with dogs on Federal land.

You cannot bait them on Federal land.

I could go on and on.

We slaughter them on the borders but they just keep coming out of the FS land.

Forum List

Back