Preaching

Jesus did this, the son of God. Not a simple a man. ;)
Don't they point that out in the Bible? And didn't Jesus live without sin?

Point out what? That Jesus called himself the Son of Man?

I notice you didn't actually answer my question.

:eusa_think:

And you obviously missed my point. So we are even.

There are two possibilities here, either Jesus was perfect, something you personally reject, and thus it was possible for him to judge anyone he wanted, or you are wrong about what Jesus was teaching. Either way, I am actually pointing out you don't have one.

Point out what? That Jesus called himself the Son of Man?

I notice you didn't actually answer my question.

:eusa_think:

And you obviously missed my point. So we are even.

There are two possibilities here, either Jesus was perfect, something you personally reject, and thus it was possible for him to judge anyone he wanted, or you are wrong about what Jesus was teaching. Either way, I am actually pointing out you don't have one.

"He That Is Without Sin, Cast The First Stone"

What I said.
And didn't Jesus live without sin?

Like I said, you obviously missed my point.

There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

Did Jesus save us?

So to get the gist of my actual point is, you live in sin QW so do not sit in judgement of me.....Being a Christian does not give you the right, and until you live a sin free life and become Christ like do not judge my sins.
And the only Christian in this thread who I have seen that got this was Carojo.

Ugh, sorry Peach. The glory of God stuff leaves me cold.

We disagree, my beliefs do not exclude any person from heaven because of non belief in same. I realize many Christians believe you MUST accept Christ as Savior, verbally, and often in public, loudly. That bothered me when I was FIVE YEARS OLD. I asked my father did that mean "little kids that never heard of Christ go to Hell?" He said "No, honey, it is in theirs even if they never heard of Jesus OR God, don't worry".

Thus one can omit the words "Glory of God", it remains the same, we, as humans, all fall short.

I don't understand your beliefs. I respect you as a person. I don't understand this post you've just written.

I edited the post, "in their HEARTS" was what he said. I leave words out typing AND handwriting; I have to remember, proof reading online is essential.

Some people don't even have the concept of sin. Do you hear me?

Yes, i hear you. And you may be right...but MOST people do.

Buddhists don't have sin or commandments. We talk of virtue and non-virtue. We don't have commandments, we have precepts.

"Most" people in the world aren't Christian. I get it though. You are kind of "christocentric". The world revolves around your beliefs.

I don't think so....i'm always willing to listen to others and consider what they're saying. Remember, i've been a Christian for about 22 yrs, i'll be 59 at the end of this month, and they say you can't teach old dogs new tricks... :) I'm going to believe what i believe until someone proves it's any different. Same as you will.

We disagree, my beliefs do not exclude any person from heaven because of non belief in same. I realize many Christians believe you MUST accept Christ as Savior, verbally, and often in public, loudly. That bothered me when I was FIVE YEARS OLD. I asked my father did that mean "little kids that never heard of Christ go to Hell?" He said "No, honey, it is in theirs even if they never heard of Jesus OR God, don't worry".

Thus one can omit the words "Glory of God", it remains the same, we, as humans, all fall short.

I don't understand your beliefs. I respect you as a person. I don't understand this post you've just written.

I edited the post, "in their HEARTS" was what he said. I leave words out typing AND handwriting; I have to remember, proof reading online is essential.

I have the same problem.

Ugh, sorry Peach. The glory of God stuff leaves me cold.

Sadly, your beliefs won't get anyone to heaven. People won't be getting to heaven on the power of your beliefs.

The only way to get to heaven is to accept the gift of salvation. You don't accept it, you don't get to heaven. It doesn't matter if you like it or not..the fact that you reject it has no bearing on whether or not others will make it, except as far as you convince them to reject it as well. But YOU certainly can't get people into heaven, no matter how wonderful you think your beliefs are.

For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead. James 2:26.

My point was it wasn't written by god or Jesus smart one.

No, the King James Version obviously was NOT.

You people really don't know anything about the bible, do you?

Do you know where the bible comes from? Do you understand how the KJ came about? Have you any concept of how large a collection we do have of ancient text? Do you have an inkling of the motivation, the backgrounds, the scholarship and the variety of those who came together to put it together? You don't.

I get that you don't accept/understand that the Holy Spirit is in the very words of the Bible. It is inerrant because God has made sure it is.

But what bothers me is that you also don't understand the basic nuts and bolts, and you base your scoffing of the bible on ignorance.

Yes, and I understand HUMANS are imperfect.

Yes, i hear you. And you may be right...but MOST people do.

Buddhists don't have sin or commandments. We talk of virtue and non-virtue. We don't have commandments, we have precepts.

"Most" people in the world aren't Christian. I get it though. You are kind of "christocentric". The world revolves around your beliefs.

I don't think so....i'm always willing to listen to others and consider what they're saying. Remember, i've been a Christian for about 22 yrs, i'll be 59 at the end of this month, and they say you can't teach old dogs new tricks... :) I'm going to believe what i believe until someone proves it's any different. Same as you will.

I enjoy talking to Christians like yourself. At my work on Sundays we have visiting pastors come in and conduct a church service for the resident. I really enjoy listening to one of the pastors. I am not Christian, but a lot of what he has said has made me think. I like his point of view on humans and Christianity.

I enjoy talking to Christians like yourself. At my work on Sundays we have visiting pastors come in and conduct a church service for the resident. I really enjoy listening to one of the pastors. I am not Christian, but a lot of what he has said has made me think. I like his point of view on humans and Christianity.

I don't go to Church. I have nothing against it, i've belonged to a few, but i have a problem with the direction that many churche's are going. A lot of them teach ONLY the good, or ONLY the bad, they pick and choose what they think is important. And a lot of the church "rules" are all man made. I think most televangelists are frauds. There is one that I will listen to and that's Charles Stanley. He teaches strictly from the bible, he easy to listen to, and he talks about it ALL. You should listen to him sometime, he's very good. :)
Ok...I'm NOT trying to convert you! Lol! Just a suggestion if you're interested :)

I don't go to Church. I have nothing against it, i've belonged to a few, but i have a problem with the direction that many churche's are going. A lot of them teach ONLY the good, or ONLY the bad, they pick and choose what they think is important. And a lot of the church "rules" are all man made. I think most televangelists are frauds. There is one that I will listen to and that's Charles Stanley. He teaches strictly from the bible, he easy to listen to, and he talks about it ALL. You should listen to him sometime, he's very good. :)
Ok...I'm NOT trying to convert you! Lol! Just a suggestion if you're interested :)

We agree on this subject, humans created religions.

I know you are not. :lol:

I stopped going to church before I lost my faith completely due to the same reasons you don't go to church. I have wanted my son to go because I do think church can teach you good morals. So I have thought about asking this guy what church he is from, or there another one that I thought about attention. The Pastor is former alcoholic, and many of the members are "sinners". HIs point of view is it is job to help you see the way, but not to judge you for your sins.

I personally like to attack the ones who use their religion to judge me or other people.
Or pretend they are better than me because they are Christian. If they are true Christian I don't attack them.

Because you are the expert on what a true Christian is.

The perfect example of hypocrisy.
The perfect example of hypocrisy? I don't pretend to be a Christian, so I can do what I like. If you proclaim your faith, follow the teaching of the Bible and of Jesus. A true Christian doesn't judge. Didn't Jesus declare this in the Bible?

Jesus didn't write the bible.

I was a Christian for 22 years.
Jesus didn't want you to judge others sins while committing your own sins. It is pretty clear.
And if it isn't clear, look at the way he lived his life.

I wonder why people stop at Jesus's parables when they read the Bible and think that that is the sum of Christian teaching.

I recall Jesus whipping people out of the Temple, vocally confronting people who were misleading others, calling them out when they sinned, and even insulting them. What you expect a rational person to take from that is that we should never judge others? Even though he actually told us to judge people by what they do? Even though he actually condemned a tree because it didn't have any figs?

Considering... we know he was born... and then appears some 30 years later with no accounting of his life or actions drugging that time.... who knows what rabble rousing and carousing her was up to..... :lol:

I wonder why people stop at Jesus's parables when they read the Bible and think that that is the sum of Christian teaching.

I recall Jesus whipping people out of the Temple, vocally confronting people who were misleading others, calling them out when they sinned, and even insulting them. What you expect a rational person to take from that is that we should never judge others? Even though he actually told us to judge people by what they do? Even though he actually condemned a tree because it didn't have any figs?

Considering... we know he was born... and then appears some 30 years later with no accounting of his life or actions drugging that time.... who knows what rabble rousing and carousing her was up to..... :lol:

You do have a point, and I would kind of hope he did some sinning......But Christians do like to believe he lived without sin. :eusa_whistle:

You do have a point, and I would kind of hope he did some sinning......But Christians do like to believe he lived without sin. :eusa_whistle:

jesus never said he was without sin... or at least it is not "reported" if he did. When you are trying to paint the perfect man i can see a bit of cherry picking going on as to what to quote. .For all we know he was a drunken fool who has 50 little jesus's running around the desert... and decided he wanted a bit of rehab. :dunno:

jesus never said he was without sin... or at least it is not "reported" if he did. When you are trying to paint the perfect man i can see a bit of cherry picking going on as to what to quote. .For all we know he was a drunken fool who has 50 little jesus's running around the desert... and decided he wanted a bit of rehab. :dunno:

When KG reads this her head might explode.

Forum List

Back