PPD Presidential Daily Tracking Poll : Trump Regains Lead

So during the week or so that it appeared Trump had softened his position on immigration,

he enjoyed an upswing in the polls?

lol, fascinating.

said another way, any poll you don't like is bullshit with a tiny sample size________________LOL, you are such a moron.

The poll averages are not tiny sample sizes.

1000 out of 330,000,000 ? really?
So, you are totally ignorant of statistics. Not surprising. By the way, how did the polls work out in 2012? Seems the skewed polls were far more accurate than the unskewed polls. Or are you still celebrating Romney's landslide victory? LOL

you defeat your own claim by bring up the 2012 polls. many of them were wrong.

I am quite sure that my knowledge of math and statistics exceeds yours by a wide margin.

A sample of 1000 out of a population of 330,000,000 is not statistically meaningful. I suggest that you check out a stat 101 text from your local library and read about sampling techniques.

I understand that the pollsters guess right more than they guess wrong, and I understand their claims that they structure their tiny samples to proportionally represent every demographic in the USA----------------I understand that much better than you do. But its bullshit from a mathematical standpoint.
And from your posts, I know for a fact that your knowledge of math does not exceed mine. And the last statistics class I took was a 200 class, not a 100 class. The sample size they use is enough for accuracy with an error margin of 3%. And when you consider the number of polls, their average is a very accurate indicator of the present voting intentions.

for a truly random sample to have any statistical significance it needs to be at least 5% of the population.

I understand how the pollsters claim to get around that and I understand that they are right more than they are wrong. The question is: are they right because they accurately tested public opinion, or are they right because they effectively changed public opinion.

You are free to believe whatever you want, I really don't care what you believe.

So, you are totally ignorant of statistics. Not surprising. By the way, how did the polls work out in 2012? Seems the skewed polls were far more accurate than the unskewed polls. Or are you still celebrating Romney's landslide victory? LOL

you defeat your own claim by bring up the 2012 polls. many of them were wrong.

I am quite sure that my knowledge of math and statistics exceeds yours by a wide margin.

A sample of 1000 out of a population of 330,000,000 is not statistically meaningful. I suggest that you check out a stat 101 text from your local library and read about sampling techniques.

I understand that the pollsters guess right more than they guess wrong, and I understand their claims that they structure their tiny samples to proportionally represent every demographic in the USA----------------I understand that much better than you do. But its bullshit from a mathematical standpoint.
And from your posts, I know for a fact that your knowledge of math does not exceed mine. And the last statistics class I took was a 200 class, not a 100 class. The sample size they use is enough for accuracy with an error margin of 3%. And when you consider the number of polls, their average is a very accurate indicator of the present voting intentions.

for a truly random sample to have any statistical significance it needs to be at least 5% of the population.

I understand how the pollsters claim to get around that and I understand that they are right more than they are wrong. The question is: are they right because they accurately tested public opinion, or are they right because they effectively changed public opinion.

You are free to believe whatever you want, I really don't care what you believe.
as usual, your assertion is false and baseless.

but it does illustrate why you and your ilk are so confused about reality.

Why do you think this poll is more accurate than the realclear poll average?

polls can be made to give any answer the person taking the poll wants----or is paid to get.

Trump is filling arenas, doing press conferences, and meeing thousands of people every day. Hillary is hiding, doing scripted "rallys" of 500 people, and trying to hide the truth about her health and her criminal activity as SecState.

the poll that matters will be taken on election day, and Trump will win that one------book it.

Who is paying the Foxnews poll to show Clinton ahead by 6?

Meghan Kelley? Shep Smith? there are plenty of Trump haters on Fox.

So Kelly and Smith paid TWO outside polling operations, who do the Foxnews polling, to commit FRAUD in the polling in order to show Clinton ahead?

any poll with 1000 or so opinions is moot. Look at the electoral map and get a better idea of the attitude of entire State .

On second thought dont look ... allow me,

Trump is fucked.

said another way, any poll you don't like is bullshit with a tiny sample size________________LOL, you are such a moron.

First of all, the polling pool is not 330 million. Second of all a 1000 person sample of 100,000,000 people will yield a confidence level of 95% at a margin of error of +-3

Sample Size Calculator - Confidence Level, Confidence Interval, Sample Size, Population Size, Relevant Population - Creative Research Systems

Note the stunned silence of Redfish to the above post.

any poll with 1000 or so opinions is moot. Look at the electoral map and get a better idea of the attitude of entire State .

On second thought dont look ... allow me,

Trump is fucked.

First of all, the polling pool is not 330 million. Second of all a 1000 person sample of 100,000,000 people will yield a confidence level of 95% at a margin of error of +-3

Sample Size Calculator - Confidence Level, Confidence Interval, Sample Size, Population Size, Relevant Population - Creative Research Systems

I try not to respond to foolish posts. The sample size is the US population, its around 330 million. 1000 out of 100,000,000 is not a valid sample size. 5% would be 5,000,000. 1% would be 1,000,000. 1000 is .001%.

you are buying the pollster hype.

I try not to respond to foolish posts. The sample size is the US population, its around 330 million. 1000 out of 100,000,000 is not a valid sample size. 5% would be 5,000,000. 1% would be 1,000,000. 1000 is .001%.

Do you have the professional credentials of the site I linked to?

polls can be made to give any answer the person taking the poll wants----or is paid to get.

Trump is filling arenas, doing press conferences, and meeing thousands of people every day. Hillary is hiding, doing scripted "rallys" of 500 people, and trying to hide the truth about her health and her criminal activity as SecState.

the poll that matters will be taken on election day, and Trump will win that one------book it.

So Kelly and Smith paid TWO outside polling operations, who do the Foxnews polling, to commit FRAUD in the polling in order to show Clinton ahead?

you are questioning their motives, not me. I am only saying that polls are being used to influence public opinion. If you cannot see that, fine. I really don't care.

[

Prove it.

you want me to prove math? WTF is wrong with you?

Yes. I want you to prove what you claimed. If you can't, then I can simply refute you by saying you're wrong.

go to your local library (if there is one in bumfuc, NY) and check out a Stat textbook, then read it and get back to us.

It is not my job to prove what most people already know.

So you're saying that if you randomly select 1000 Americans out of 100,000,000, to determine the racial makeu p of the US,

that poll would be just as likely to find that America is 100% Asian as to find that America is a mixture of white, black, Asian, etc.

That's insane.

you are questioning their motives, not me. I am only saying that polls are being used to influence public opinion. If you cannot see that, fine. I really don't care.

Using a poll to influence the public IS a motive you idiot.

So you're saying that if you randomly select 1000 Americans out of 100,000,000, to determine the racial makeu p of the US,

that poll would be just as likely to find that America is 100% Asian as to find that America is a mixture of white, black, Asian, etc.

That's insane.

it could happen depending on where you pick the sample from. if you pick it in Chinatown NY, it would probably be all Asian.

That's why the pollsters claim that their tiny samples proportionally represent every demographic in the USA. Do you think that there are only 1000 demographics in the USA?

Using a poll to influence the public IS a motive you idiot.

yes, it is. Glad you finally got it.

Forum List

Back