CDZ Power of the Purse

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
With impeachment being a tough row to hoe, the power of the purse is being touted as the first line of defense against Obama's threatened executive order on immigration. Top senate Republican, and long time illegal immigration foe Jeff Sessions of Georgia, said >> Congress will use the power of the purse to counteract the president's plans. The plans, he wrote, will not be easy to execute and Congress could adopt measures similar to those that prevented the closure of Guantanamo Bay detention center.

(The president's executive order) "cannot be implemented if Congress simply includes routine language on any government funding bill prohibiting the expenditure of funds for this unlawful purpose," Sessions said. "Such application of congressional power is ordinary, unexceptional, and used thousands of times." I'm just wondering HOW this power of the purse is going to executed. I guess the illegals would have to get photo IDs, and Social Security numbers. Maybe this can be blocked. Also, since Obama has essentially declared all out war against the Congress (and the American people), the Congress could go after everything and anything coveted by the president and Democrats, that would not be injurious to the country.

I wonder if this could include cutting funding to civil rights agencies and programs, aid to blue states, aid to Mexico and other hostile, anti-American countries, and whatever else. Any ideas on what the "whatever else" might be ?????????????

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...ment=236593809

Forum List

Back