POW/MIA Flag is Racist

The author, Mr. Perlstein believes that all POWs were returned. There are some who argue that point of view.
"In the suburban Midwestern Reform Jewish world I was raised in, in the nineteen-seventies and eighties, grown men built plastic scale models of Israeli tanks and F-15 jets and displayed them throughout the house, dangling the warplanes from bedroom ceilings with fishing line. Rick Perlstein
In the suburban Midwestern Reform Jewish world I was raised in in the nineteen-seventies... - Rick Perlstein at BrainyQuote

The article got lots of facts wrong, doesn't know the reasons for the flag and doesn't have a clue about the importance to family members and veterans in finding, retrieving and returning remains home. So he certainly does not understand the flags importance to active duty troops.

The article got lots of facts wrong, doesn't know the reasons for the flag and doesn't have a clue about the importance to family members and veterans in finding, retrieving and returning remains home. So he certainly does not understand the flags importance to active duty troops.
He does, he is just stirring up shit. Not surprising.

This is really sad...People need to get some common sense and become thicker skinned.

What is your foundation for that comment. Did you have any skin in that God Forsaken War? When were you born? What do you actually know about the conniving both Kerry and McCain perpetrated when they were on the Armed Services Committee back in the early '90's when they slammed the door in the face of grieving families? And what do you know about those surviving family members of those POW & MIA's?

This is really sad...People need to get some common sense and become thicker skinned.

What is your foundation for that comment. Did you have any skin in that God Forsaken War? When were you born? What do you actually know about the conniving both Kerry and McCain perpetrated when they were on the Armed Services Committee back in the early '90's when they slammed the door in the face of grieving families? And what do you know about those surviving family members of those POW & MIA's?

This isn't even on topic and how does what our government not doing anything to help people = the mia/pow flag being racist?

This isn't even on topic and how does what our government not doing anything to help people = the mia/pow flag being racist?

My questions were directed at YOUR comment asking about YOUR assessment that folks were not employing good sense and the relative thickness of their hide. It was in total regard to YOUR POST and certainly was on that topic! So again, without dodging the questions;

Those questions are all relevant and related to both the Article and the way to honestly respond/critique your initial statement!

Okay, how is the POW/MIA Flag racist? I don't see it in the article. I also don't know enough about the Vietnam war and the aftermath to make an informed comment about the author's belief that the whole POW/MIA thing growing out of this war is overblown nonsense made up by our government. It doesn't seem beyond the nature of our government to make some shit up to sell to the masses. It seems to me that if the author is full of shit--that is to say, factually incorrect by a wide margin--then it should be real easy to refute what he's written. If he is full of shit, then why would Newsweek post his article--knowing full well the shit storm they'd stand to incur. :dunno:

Forum List

Back