Potheads causing lethal explosions across the country

Where I live in fact right in the middle of a nice neighborhood a house exploded sending the refrigerator through the roof and onto a neighboring houses roof.
All thanks to smelly potheads.

Marijuana labs spawn lethal explosions across the country

NEW YORK (AP) — An explosion that destroyed a New York City home and killed a firefighter has drawn attention to marijuana-making methods that are legal in many states — but can also be lethal.

A New York fire battalion chief died responding to the blast Tuesday in a Bronx home that authorities say had been converted into an indoor marijuana farm. They’re investigating whether the alleged growers tampered with gas lines and mishandled other materials in ways that caused the explosion.

Indoor marijuana farmers can create potential fire hazards by using natural gas, propane or butane to power carbon dioxide generators that make the plants grow. In recent years across the country, similar methods used to produce more potent marijuana extracts have resulted in explosions and other catastrophes.

Indoor gas use “is a standard way to grow marijuana,” says Michael O'Hare, a professor at the University of California in Berkeley who is an expert in cannabis cultivation. “If you raise the CO2 level, it’ll grow faster.”

Some growers rely on propane or butane gas because using large amounts of metered gas from a utility could draw the attention of authorities, who might question why so much fuel is needed for a house of a certain size, O'Hare said. In those conditions, a gas leak could spell disaster, he said.

An hour before the explosion at about 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday in the Bronx, dozens of nearby residents said they could smell gas wafting over the neighborhood. The house had already been evacuated and fire personnel were on the scene when the blast sent debris flying, killing Chief Michael Fahy, a 17-year fire department veteran and father of three. His funeral was being held Saturday.

Slideshow: Deadly house explosion in the Bronx >>>

Two suspects, Garivaldi Castillo and Julio Salcedo, were arrested and are being held on drug charges while authorities try to determine whether there is evidence they could result in more serious counts related to Fahy’s death.

Prosecutors said in court this week that the two-story Bronx property was full of combustible items related to the pot operation, including grow lamps and vats of liquid fertilizer. Windows were sealed and other areas covered with extra insulation to retain heat. Plants the size of “small trees” were growing in bedrooms on the upper floor.

A lawyer for the 32-year-old Castillo has questioned his connections to the house. Castillo has pleaded not guilty. Salcedo, 34, was arraigned late Friday, pleaded not guilty and is being held without bail.

Firefighters packed the courthouse where Salcedo was arraigned. Earlier, as he walked into a Bronx precinct, some firefighters told him to “burn in hell,” The New York Daily News reported.

Given that only about half of U.S. states have legalized marijuana, either for medical or recreational use, it’s impossible to estimate how many such growth labs exist, O'Hare said.

Reminds me of what I have read about happening during Prohibition.

Illegal alcohol labs killed thousands.
Making shit up again? When people are dying in states that have legalized the shit, what excuses will you potheads use?

Why are you always an asshole? Not just some of the time- but always? Is it a prostate problem?

Illegal alcohol killed thousands and thousands of Americans during Prohibition. And that is a fact. And yes, there were illegal alcohol factories, not only illegally distilling alcohol, but also trying to remove the poison the government put in alcohol to make it undrinkable.

Prohibition kills.

Now are people dying in the states that have legal growing? I don't know- it would be rather stupid to go to the expense and danger to grow something dangerously when you can grow it legally. But maybe you prefer dangerous and more expensive to less dangerous and less expensive.
Your in line behind a thousand other brainless potheads like yourself who make the illogical argument that the dangers and evils of alcohol justify adding even more danger by increasing the legality and social acceptance of more mind altering narcotics.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

You are in line behind the Prohibitionists and the Puritans who want to control exactly how Americans decide to entertain themselves. In the 1920's you would be out yelling for the bars to be closed down.

You make the illogical argument that marijuana should be prohibited because cocaine and meth are bad.

Millions of Americans are using marijuana. Making it illegal has done nothing but put money in the pockets of criminals- EXACTLY as Prohibition did.

Americans are moving towards a rational policy on pot- in line with alcohol- and our nation will be better off treating them similarly.

It's not a pot lab. Some people use propane to extract THC and other chemicals from pot in the form of wax. Idiots using propane without proper procedures and safety measures blow shit up almost every time.
They should have checked with Hank Hill first.
48828563.jpg
No one gives a fuck if those idiots blow themselves up. Good riddance.
That's terrible! Don't say that!

That's what right wingers have become.
It's not a political matter, Bulldog. It's a heart matter.
God wants people to be free from bondage to drugs

You think then that God would have mentioned pot in the Bible and said not to smoke it.

I do remember him saying not to love your neighbor like your brother......I think you missed that one.

Are the potties killing themselves off? Then there's no problem, a little urban renewal is all.

It's the innocent ones that are affected that concerns me.

People who do stupid- and illegal things with propane and butane or natural gas- can kill many more than themselves.

I have nothing against safe legal marijuana growing- but people endangering others should get prosecuted.

Make marijuana cultivation illegal and illegal grows will be priced out by legal grows.

I bet you are one of those that wants to define "safe".

Well yeah- I do believe in building codes, and fire codes and I don't believe in people owning their own nukes.

Call me crazy.

Some potheads are becoming very wealthy potheads now that they can grow and sell legally.

They are as stupid as the alcoholics who run the liquor companies.
The only ones getting wealthy are the states, taking money from stupid people in Proverbial fashion. People who can't retain their faculties end up the big losers in the end.]

Just as with legal alcohol, and legal cigarettes, there will be Americans making legal money off of America's legal vices.

Doing it legally is safer than a black market- we should have learned that when the Depression ended.
Then why stop at pot? Why shouldn't we have people high on heroine and PCP walking the same streets as your kids and mine? What could go wrong?

You are right- why stop at pot? Why should we have people drunk on alcohol and high from taking legal opiods walking the same streets as your kids and mine?

Outlaw them all- alcohol, opiods- anything that can possibly get a person high- why not make them all illegal!
I could live with that. Could you?

I am sure you would be fine with the government putting any restrictions on what adults do- just so long as they don't restrict what guns you can own.

Where I live in fact right in the middle of a nice neighborhood a house exploded sending the refrigerator through the roof and onto a neighboring houses roof.
All thanks to smelly potheads.

Making shit up again? When people are dying in states that have legalized the shit, what excuses will you potheads use?

Why are you always an asshole? Not just some of the time- but always? Is it a prostate problem?

Illegal alcohol killed thousands and thousands of Americans during Prohibition. And that is a fact. And yes, there were illegal alcohol factories, not only illegally distilling alcohol, but also trying to remove the poison the government put in alcohol to make it undrinkable.

Prohibition kills.

Now are people dying in the states that have legal growing? I don't know- it would be rather stupid to go to the expense and danger to grow something dangerously when you can grow it legally. But maybe you prefer dangerous and more expensive to less dangerous and less expensive.
Your in line behind a thousand other brainless potheads like yourself who make the illogical argument that the dangers and evils of alcohol justify adding even more danger by increasing the legality and social acceptance of more mind altering narcotics.

You are in line behind the Prohibitionists and the Puritans who want to control exactly how Americans decide to entertain themselves. In the 1920's you would be out yelling for the bars to be closed down.

You make the illogical argument that marijuana should be prohibited because cocaine and meth are bad.

Millions of Americans are using marijuana. Making it illegal has done nothing but put money in the pockets of criminals- EXACTLY as Prohibition did.

Americans are moving towards a rational policy on pot- in line with alcohol- and our nation will be better off treating them similarly.
Marijuana is more dangerous than heroine or cocaine.

Why do I say that?

Because it doesn't knock anyone for a loop. It doesn't send anyone into a deathward spiral. It doesn't encumber its victim with a desperate and overpowering addiction.

It's benign enough to deceive people into thinking they're ok. And they're not. Pot slows the reflexes, stunts the thinking process, makes people less than 100%. With so many professions out their that depend on sharp mental acuity, disaster awaits just as surely as with any alcoholic.

I'm a truck driver about to transition into law enforcement again. Do you want me half baked hauling 80,000 lbs or carrying a gun? Does anyone? How about your neurosurgeon? How about the heavy equipment operator? How about your child's teacher or camp counselor? Just how much risk will you tolerate? How much risk will you force others to tolerate?

Pot is just gentle enough to be extremely dangerous.

The only ones getting wealthy are the states, taking money from stupid people in Proverbial fashion. People who can't retain their faculties end up the big losers in the end.]

Just as with legal alcohol, and legal cigarettes, there will be Americans making legal money off of America's legal vices.

Doing it legally is safer than a black market- we should have learned that when the Depression ended.
Then why stop at pot? Why shouldn't we have people high on heroine and PCP walking the same streets as your kids and mine? What could go wrong?

You are right- why stop at pot? Why should we have people drunk on alcohol and high from taking legal opiods walking the same streets as your kids and mine?

Outlaw them all- alcohol, opiods- anything that can possibly get a person high- why not make them all illegal!

I am sure you would be fine with the government putting any restrictions on what adults do- just so long as they don't restrict what guns you can own.
Guns don't kill people, armed criminals coked out of their minds kill people.

It's not a pot lab. Some people use propane to extract THC and other chemicals from pot in the form of wax. Idiots using propane without proper procedures and safety measures blow shit up almost every time.
They should have checked with Hank Hill first.
48828563.jpg

God wants people to be free from bondage to drugs. Satan wants people mentally incapacitated so he can exert influence. It's no surprise that as this nation turns its hearts away from God, they turn to chemical addiction instead.

BngGblYIgAEGCap.jpg

Pot is no more addictive than Dr. Pepper.

Prohibition kills.

Why do I say that?

Because it doesn't knock anyone for a loop. It doesn't send anyone into a deathward spiral. It doesn't encumber its victim with a desperate and overpowering addiction.

It's benign enough to deceive people into thinking they're ok. And they're not. Pot slows the reflexes, stunts the thinking process, makes people less than 100%. With so many professions out their that depend on sharp mental acuity, disaster awaits just as surely as with any alcoholic.

I'm a truck driver about to transition into law enforcement again. Do you want me half baked hauling 80,000 lbs or carrying a gun? Does anyone? How about your neurosurgeon? How about the heavy equipment operator? How about your child's teacher or camp counselor? Just how much risk will you tolerate? How much risk will you force others to tolerate?

A glass of warm milk has the same effects as you just attributed to pot. If you are trying to be a cop, I pray you fail the course. You're nuts.

You think then that God would have mentioned pot in the Bible and said not to smoke it.

I do remember him saying not to love your neighbor like your brother......I think you missed that one.
Misquoting the Bible won't save your soul. There's no verse that says to love my neighbor like my brother. I think you aborting unborn babies registers higher on the sin category than my disapproval of your drug habit. You better tend to your own account.

Prohibition kills.

Why do I say that?

A glass of warm milk has the same effects as you just attributed to pot. If you are trying to be a cop, I pray you fail the course. You're nuts.
Sorry to disappoint you. I've been a cop before and will have no problem being one again. One of my key qualifications is that I'm not a pothead. But I will happily arrest potheads like you everyday.

God wants people to be free from bondage to drugs. Satan wants people mentally incapacitated so he can exert influence. It's no surprise that as this nation turns its hearts away from God, they turn to chemical addiction instead.

BngGblYIgAEGCap.jpg

Pot is no more addictive than Dr. Pepper.
lol-045.gif

Prohibition kills.

Why do I say that?

Sorry to disappoint you. I've been a cop before and will have no problem being one again. One of my key qualifications is that I'm not a pothead. But I will happily arrest potheads like you everyday.

I am sure you would- hell I figure you would happily shoot anyone you even suspect of having been near pot.

Misquoting the Bible won't save your soul. There's no verse that says to love my neighbor like my brother. I think you aborting unborn babies registers higher on the sin category than my disapproval of your drug habit. You better tend to your own account.

Damn I did misquote the Bible- Jesus said to love thy neighbor like thyself.

I have aborted as many babies as you have lynched black men.

Now- lets discuss why you don't love your neighbor like yourself?

Guns don't kill people, armed criminals coked out of their minds kill people.

Pot doesn't kill people. Armed criminals trying to make exorbitant profits off of illegal pot kill people- with guns.

Prohibition kills.

Why do I say that?

Driving while tired makes people less than 100%. Do I want you tired while hauling 80,000 lbs, or carrying a gun? Does anyone? How about your neurosurgeon? etc, etc.

We do not forbid truck drivers from drinking alcohol- we forbid truck drivers from driving while under the influence. We do not forbid neurosurgeons from drinking- we prohibit them from operating while intoxicated.

I understand you want to ban alcohol and pot- so you aren't hypocritical.

But you are stupid.

The Prohibition showed us the consequences of banning alcohol- and we repeated the exact same thing when we banned pot.
Our drug laws have made criminals not only rich, but we have created an entire culture of violent criminals.

Prohibition kills.

Why do I say that?

Cops with attitudes like yours are the ones that earned the name PIG.

Why do I say that?

Cops with attitudes like yours are the ones that earned the name PIG.
Don't break the law and the "pigs" won't bother you.

The drunk can sober up. That's the difference with drug addicts. Not everyone who has a drink is an alcoholic. Every drug user is an addict.

Prohibition kills.

Why do I say that?

Driving while tired makes people less than 100%. Do I want you tired while hauling 80,000 lbs, or carrying a gun? Does anyone? How about your neurosurgeon? etc, etc.

We do not forbid truck drivers from drinking alcohol- we forbid truck drivers from driving while under the influence. We do not forbid neurosurgeons from drinking- we prohibit them from operating while intoxicated.

I understand you want to ban alcohol and pot- so you aren't hypocritical.

But you are stupid.

The Prohibition showed us the consequences of banning alcohol- and we repeated the exact same thing when we banned pot.
Our drug laws have made criminals not only rich, but we have created an entire culture of violent criminals.
I don't want to ban alcohol. My wife and I enjoy the occasional libation. But alcohol is a case in point that there are negatives to both legality and prohibition. We just disagree on which is worse in the case of narcotics. That disagreement doesn't make me "stupid" and a more generous soul would understand that.

I don't drink so ban alcohol. I don't care. I have known drunks that drank with the intention of getting blotto. Not many. Drug users use with the intention of getting high. There's no reason other than to get high and many of them drink and use drugs at the same party time. As long as they kill themselves it's all good.

Forum List

Back