Hurricane Matthew Report

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
Hurricane Matthew is closing in on Haiti now. This monster storm is predicted to be very dangerous.

Hurricane Matthew: Haiti braces for storm - CNN.com

Hurricane Matthew: Jamaica, Haiti brace for 'life-threatening' storm
By Max Blau, Holly Yan and Steve Visser, CNN

Updated 6:47 PM ET, Mon October 3, 2016

161002125309-hurricane-matthew-large-169.jpg

(CNN)A hurricane packing 140-mph winds is threatening to bring destruction to Haiti and other islands as it moves through the Caribbean Sea.

Hurricane Matthew -- a storm that, as of 5 p.m. ET Monday, was 225 miles southwest of Port-au-Prince, Haiti -- could dump a foot or more of rain on that island.
The latest advisory says southern Haiti and southwestern Dominican Republic can expect 15 to 25 inches with possible isolated downpours of up to 40 inches. Eastern Cuba, northwestern Haiti and the southeastern Bahamas could see up to a foot of rain, while Jamaica could see 5 to 10 inches.
A hurricane warning was in effect for Jamaica, Haiti, the eastern tip of Cuba and the southeastern and central Bahamas, the center said.
"On the forecast track, the center of Matthew will approach southwestern Haiti tonight, move near eastern Cuba late Tuesday, and move near or over portions of the southeastern and central Bahamas Tuesday night and Wednesday," the latest National Hurricane Center advisory says.
The latest conditions and forecast track for #Matthew. More at https://t.co/sJ4PKvTC01pic.twitter.com/kIT9jjQ527

— CNN Weather Center (@CNNweather) October 3, 2016
The storm, now moving about 7 mph, is expected to remain powerful through early Wednesday, the National Hurricane Center said.
161003112528-kingston-jamaica-hurricane-matthew-exlarge-169.png

Ionie Scott describes the flooding in Kingston: "Businesses are closed. There are no cars or taxis on the road."
"This rainfall will likely produce life-threatening flash floods and mudslides," the hurricane center said. "Preparations to protect life and property should be rushed to completion."
Multiple cruise lines have rerouted some trips to get out of Matthew's path. Royal Caribbean, Disney Cruise Line, Norwegian Princess and Carnival have rerouted trips, with more changes possible.

Last edited:
It is a very terrible storm. I believe it's going the same place Super Storm Sandy went - Massachusetts, NY, NJ, upper northeast coast - it may miss Fla but I do not believe this storm is going out to sea as they had predicted it would (earlier). This is a video of the devastation thus far. Powerful storm.

If it hits Haiti hard, it will likely kill many. Those poor people have no where to find safety.

Mud slides could kill hundreds maybe thousands.

The forecasts are driving my wife up a wall. Between the tool shed and laundry room we can leave the lawn in perfect condition and bugout for GA, if need be.

It is a very terrible storm. I believe it's going the same place Super Storm Sandy went - Massachusetts, NY, NJ, upper northeast coast - it may miss Fla but I do not believe this storm is going out to sea as they had predicted it would (earlier). This is a video of the devastation thus far. Powerful storm.

I have to laugh when the northeast talks about "superstorm Sandy." What was super about it? It wasn't even a hurricane at landfall. In 2002 we actually had a cluster of storms form a tropical storm then Category 1 hurricane in hours. It then made landfall right on top of us. I went to work with a cluster of storms in the gulf totally disorganized. By the end of my 8 hour shift we had a Cat 1 hurricane in the gulf making landfall on top of my head.

Sandy wasn't super at all. They should try to face a Katrina, Rita, Andrew, Ike or even Camille before talking about a "superstorm". I was in every one of those storms except Camille. Every one of them had winds almost twice that of "super storm Sandy."

We in the south laugh when we hear people in the north talk about their "super storm." They have to call it "super storm" because tropical storm Sandy doesn't sound nearly as bad, which is what we would call that same storm. Shoot, we wouldn't even shut schools down for a tropical storm. The Cat 1 hurricane that formed in 2002 didn't shut schools down.

I have to laugh when the northeast talks about "superstorm Sandy." What was super about it? It wasn't even a hurricane at landfall. In 2002 we actually had a cluster of storms form a tropical storm then Category 1 hurricane in hours. It then made landfall right on top of us. I went to work with a cluster of storms in the gulf totally disorganized. By the end of my 8 hour shift we had a Cat 1 hurricane in the gulf making landfall on top of my head.

Sandy wasn't super at all. They should try to face a Katrina, Rita, Andrew, Ike or even Camille before talking about a "superstorm". I was in every one of those storms except Camille. Every one of them had winds almost twice that of "super storm Sandy."

We in the south laugh when we hear people in the north talk about their "super storm." They have to call it "super storm" because tropical storm Sandy doesn't sound nearly as bad, which is what we would call that same storm. Shoot, we wouldn't even shut schools down for a tropical storm. The Cat 1 hurricane that formed in 2002 didn't shut schools down.
and yet the dumb white southern trailer trash keep dwelling in trailers , real smart !!

Sorry to hear this.

I hope it veers away from Florida.

So do I. Been watching it and it appears like it will brush the Florida coast. Of course these hurricanes can change course but the jet stream is pushing it away from Florida. Sure hope it doesn't hit us in Florida.

Sorry to hear this.

So do I. Been watching it and it appears like it will brush the Florida coast. Of course these hurricanes can change course but the jet stream is pushing it away from Florida. Sure hope it doesn't hit us in Florida.

Yeah we hope so too. What part of Florida are you? I am in the treasure coast area.

Sorry to hear this.

Yeah we hope so too. What part of Florida are you? I am in the treasure coast area.

Melbourne, Brevard County, and I sure hope the jet stream knocks that thing to the west. Who knows though. It just may go that way anyway.

All I can say it's very fortunate that Clinton Crime INC is ready to help out Haiti like they've been doing already.
It's wonderful to see all those millions of dollars the 'pay-to-play' donors gave the (cough) 'Foundation' being used to such great effect.
Chelsea must be so proud to be doing such wonderful work in Haiti.

and yet the dumb white southern trailer trash keep dwelling in trailers , real smart !!
Maybe that is all they could afford. Are you telling me you consider the poor to be trash? What does the LORD say about the poor, Guno?

Pray for the poor in Haiti. This is the latest report I found on Hurricane Matthew:

Hurricane Matthew update: Storm lashes Haiti, heads toward Cuba - CNN.com

(CNN)Hurricane Matthew pounded western Haiti Tuesday morning, packing powerful winds and heavy rain as it crossed the country.

"The river has overflowed all around us," church pastor Louis St. Germain said. "It's terrible... a total disaster."
St. Germain, who spoke to CNN on the phone from Les Cayes, Haiti, said the storm sheared off a wall of his house and tore roofs off many buildings in the area.
The "extremely dangerous" storm has already killed at least three people, caused cruise ships to change course and prompted officials to declare states of emergency.
And authorities have warned that the death toll could climb.
"We've already seen deaths. People who were out at sea. There are people who are missing. They are people who didn't respect the alerts. They've lost their lives," Interim Haitian President Jocelerme Privert said at a news conference.
The Category 4 hurricane made landfall near Les Anglais, Haiti, around 7 a.m. ET,according to the National Hurricane Center. By 11 a.m., it had crossed the country and was back at sea, churning north through the Gulf of Gonave toward Cuba.
Forecasters say the storm, which is moving at about 10 mph, is expected to impact eastern Cuba later Tuesday.
A threat remains in Haiti even though the eye of the storm has passed. Ferocious rain and wind were already thrashing the Caribbean nation before the storm made landfall. And forecasters said Tuesday that life-threatening flash floods and mudslides were likely.
Up to 40 inches of rain could be dumped on the impoverished nation, which is still recovering from a devastating earthquake that struck six years ago and a cholera outbreak after that.

Photos of Haiti - Hurricane Matthew -

_91512279_mediaitem91512278.jpg

Woman in Haiti - Hurricane Matthew hits Haiti

161004082529-hurricane-matthew-satellite-large-169.jpg

Hurricane Matthew Category 4 photo 3 hours ago

3500.jpg

Haitian woman with her two children at shelter

ap16276840905823.jpg

Flooded streets in Haiti

s070236686-300.jpg

Hurricane Matthew makes landfall in Les Cayes, Haiti

hurricanmat.jpg

Heavy rains hit Haiti before Hurricane Matthew arrives...

160628094947-storm-tracker-bkg-super-169.jpg

Hurricane Matthew swirling around Haiti

s070236688-300.jpg

Hurricane Matthew makes landfall in Les Cayes, Haiti Oct. 4

_91501368_mediaitem91501367.jpg

The poor in Haiti prepare for Hurricane Matthew - God have mercy

Sorry to hear this.

Melbourne, Brevard County, and I sure hope the jet stream knocks that thing to the west. Who knows though. It just may go that way anyway.

agreed. I think it will just end up being a bunch of rain. I was in home depot yesterday and it was a madhouse lol

Hurricane Matthew is 3 hours away from Cuba now.

Hurricane Matthew closes in on Cuba; U.S. East Coast begins disaster prep, evacuations

Hurricane Matthew closes in on Cuba; U.S. East Coast begins disaster prep, evacuations

dominican-republic-tropical-weather-2e0637403d00bb02.jpg

dominican-republic-tropical-weather-2e0637403d00bb02.jpg

hurricane-matthew-60dfb5c8f549c097.jpg

dominican-republic-tropical-weather-b998dfff1806fc43.jpg

dominican-republic-tropical-weather-e4113d836c66e833.jpg

1 / 4

A couple of children use an old wooden box as a boat, at an area flooded by the rains of Hurricane Matthew, in the La Puya slum, on the south bank of the Ozama River in Santo Domingo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2016. Hurricane Matthew roared into the southwestern coast of the island of Hispaniola with devastating storm conditions as it headed north toward Cuba and the eastern coast of Florida. (AP Photo/Ezequiel Abiu Lopez)
Greg LaRose, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

By Greg LaRose, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Follow on Twitter
on October 04, 2016 at 5:04 PM, updated October 04, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Hurricane Matthew is roughly three hours away from crossing Cuba's eastern tip and two days away from impacting Florida. Ahead of its arrival, officials along the U.S. East Coast are making preparations for its arrival -- including plans for extensive evacuations.

The National Hurricane Center said the eye of Matthew was 30 miles south of easternmost Cuba as of 4 p.m. Central. Its maximum sustained winds were measured at 140 mph, down slightly from its strength Tuesday morning (Oct. 4) when it came ashore in Haiti. The category 4 storm was moving north at 9 mph.

In addition to storm surge, extreme rain and wind in Haiti, Matthew also caused flooding in the Dominican Republic. There have been widespread reports of mudslides, downed trees and blocked roadways. So far, nine deaths have been attributed to the storm.

Matthew is forecast to turn north-northwest Wednesday and shift northwest Wednesday night. That will take its path through the Bahamas, where hurricane conditions are expected through Wednesday night.

It was the storm surge that was devastating and Super Storm Sandy was a devastating storm.

Forum List

Back