Post Rapture Toughts

I don't have a clue as to when the Lord shall return in all of His glory. Neither does any other man. However, there are plenty of wars, earthquakes, floods, and other signs that indicate the end is nearer than ever before. Instead of laughing at what religion says about His return, maybe you should be making yourself ready. As American Legacy says, along with the Bible, "No man knows the hour or the day..."

How about this...instead of arguing and killing each other over religion, why don't we all learn to share and be nice to each other? Couldn't hurt.

Why don't you set an example and not argue about religion from this point forward?

I don't have a clue as to when the Lord shall return in all of His glory. Neither does any other man. However, there are plenty of wars, earthquakes, floods, and other signs that indicate the end is nearer than ever before. Instead of laughing at what religion says about His return, maybe you should be making yourself ready. As American Legacy says, along with the Bible, "No man knows the hour or the day..."

How about this...instead of arguing and killing each other over religion, why don't we all learn to share and be nice to each other? Couldn't hurt.

Why don't you set an example and not argue about religion from this point forward?

I doubt that thought never crossed his mind.

Show me a time where there wasn't any of those.:cuckoo:

Our economy is suffering because of this. Our government is ineffectual because of this. It's time we stop trying to gloss over the symptoms and start addressing the problem. And that problem is us as individuals are not governing ourselves with virtue and civility.

well said Avatar.l The seven deadlies have really never been so prevelant imho. That it's good to be greedy, ok to be angry, prideful, gluttonus, lustful is a daily exercise, especially transparent on line

I think the Rapture actually happened

We just don't realize it

When was the last time someone killed you over religion?

You mean when was the last time someone was killed over religion? Well, there was 9/11, Somalia, Bosnia, for starters. Then there was all that stuff going on in a part of Ireland for YEARS.
And we are sharing the Gospel with you and everyone. What greater gift can we share?

Who is this "we" you're referring to? And what makes you think that the Gospel holds any more or less weight than the teachings of Buddha, or the Talmud, or the Quaran, etc., etc. Like I said, learn to share and be nice to each other....something I learned in 1st grade that didn't require tithes, ritual or adversity or condescending/patronizing attitudes.

hellll yea....ooops, I meat heck...:redface:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0]YouTube - ‪Can We All Just Get Along? For The Kids & Old People? RODNEY KING SPEAKS!‬‏[/ame]

I am...by asking pertinent questions that could lead to a possible resolution through rational discussion (or an attempt thereof)....as opposed to your pathetic gain saying of anything I post.

opracat.jpg

hellll yea....ooops, I meat heck...:redface:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0]YouTube - ‪Can We All Just Get Along? For The Kids & Old People? RODNEY KING SPEAKS!‬‏[/ame]

A crude analogy given with a dripping sarcasm, but an example of what I'm getting at none-the-less. Now Traj, anything rational you want to contribute regarding my first post on this thread?

Now I've witnessed several well publicized "predictions" of the End-of days and the rapture come and go in my life thus far....and I've noticed several constants.

1 - the self proclaimed prophets NEVER give up their claim to religious insight or paranormal abilities.
2 - these prophets and preachers/reverends STILL have a sizeable amount of followers after their very public screw up.
3 - only a brief follow up of all the followers and their leaders is done after the humiliation of publically being proven wrong.
4 - the word CULT is NEVER used when talking about these folks.

And #4 is what really concerns me. Think about it...you had people all over this country actually give up their possessions, take time from their lives and jobs to run around handing out leaflets and standing on corners with bull horns "preaching the message", and giving their hard earned money to various "churches" where the clergy leader(s) has given them the "word". One joker, 89 year old Harold Camping who's a millionaire owning dozens of radio stations for his "Family Radio" programs (aimed at "christian" families) made millions of dollars in donations prior to the predicted doomsday....the idea that those left behind and NOT raptured would need to be guided by Campings church to survive the apocalypse and get right with God.

Sounds like a cult to me....but our media will NEVER (in my humble opinion) call these actions "cultish" because they are based on an interpretation of the Bible....and let's face it, the Catholic church wields a lot of political power in America...and although the neither the Arch Bishop or the Pope in Rome have condoned or supported all this doomsday nonsense, they're hesitant to just come out and say that the parts of the Bible that talk about doomsday is more metaphorical than prophetical. Maybe they're annoyed at all these people NOT waiting for the "official" word on the rapture and doomsday? Anyway, calling any derivative of catholicism a "cult" if NOT something we're likely to see soon.
And what would happen if the Pope or one of his arch-bishops actually sounded the doomsday alarm? Would we see a repeat of the last week increased 100 fold? I mean, what the hell is the difference between this and a bunch of Scientologists, or "moonies" or followers of "Rama" or what have you? This scares me to some degree, because like some grade B horror movie from the 1970's, these people are EVERYWHERE in our society...here in New York City you had a retired Metro Transport Authority worker give up his life savings to buy billboards and such to announce the coming rapture. Did this guy seem rational during his years of service? What would happen if the preachers of this nonsense decided that God and the Bible decrees that heretics, atheists, agnostics, blasphemers and worshippers of false gods be "smited"...or made war against as decreed by Revelations? Because remember, there is no set number of folk that are supposed to be raptured, so a few of the faithful go into hiding, the preachers cry "rapture", and the war between good and evil begins.

Well, the befuddled retired MTA worker was swarmed by the press yeserday after the deadline for death/rapture came and went without incident, he stated, "...I don't know what happened. I don't understand". Well, now financially strapped, maybe he can borrow a few dollars from his relgious mentor Camping...unless Camping has been "raptured" to parts unknown that does not have extradition agreements with the USA.

Just because someone makes a false prediction about something it does not make the people who believed him members of a cult. That is true even when the followers refuse to admit he was wrong despite the massive evidence. I have to admit that I think Obamazombies are actually a cult, but that is my personal opinion. The rest of the world just looked at the prediction about the stimulus keeping unemployment below 8% and shrugged at those who believed.

I understand that there are people that help people like you if you want help.

Dailymotion - Barak Obama Cult Deprogramming Guide - a Sexy video

Obviously, you can't handle questioning the actions (or inactions) of the heirarchy of the Catholic/Protestant churches when it comes to public condemnation of those whose warped interpretations/usage of their holy texts comes to public light.

FYI, I suggest you look up the definition of a "cult", because only a complete fool would try to equate the election/voting process of a political candidate to a cult.

Grow up and deal with the title subject at hand, and go grind your anti-Obama axe somewhere else....maybe on one or two of the threads I started that deal with people like you.

What I find interesting about this "religious" predictor, he based his claim, not on any sort of communication from God, but some complex formula he "reasoned" out for himself. He thought he was so much smarter than everyone else for having "figured it out."

If someone proposes to teach about something God is planning to do based on his own methods and has no communication with God, you can safely ignore them. God speaks for Himself when He plans on doing things.

That’s as nutty as the guy who reasoned it out for himself; and both are worthy of being ignored.

And we are sharing the Gospel with you and everyone. What greater gift can we share?

Respecting privacy rights would be good.

Every religion has their "extremists". I'm Christian and I didn't believe it was going to happen. It says in the bible that no one is going to know when it's going to happen. Why work people up about it? There's nothing you can do about it when it does happen. I can understand that they want to encourage people to go to church but you can't force it on people. If they're concerned about it and they want to go so that they can learn more about it then that's great but if not, you can't make them. They're trying to make people freak out. You can't worry about it! You have to live your life.

Forum List

Back