Post any empirical proof of God here

Self-published? :lol:
The proof remains unrefuted

Proof of non-existence? Can you summarise it?

That which is impossible by definition cannot exist.

A round square is impossible by definition, therefore it cannot exist.

The point where two parralel lines meet in Euclidean geometryis impossible by definition, therefore it cannot exist.

Helios is defined as a god who drives trhe chariot which pulls the sun across the sjy. As the sun is not dragged across the sky by a chariot, Helios is impossible by definition and therefore cannot exist.

El/YHWH is defined (by members of the Abrahamic religions) ad being omnipotent, omniscient, and without limits to his power.

-Omnipotence as defined by abrahamists (see above) is impossible by definition. If God can create a rock he cannot lift, then his powers to lift rocks are limited.. If he cannot create a rock che could not lift, then his ability to create rocks is limited.

-Omniscience is impossible by definition?. How does god know he was not created by an uber-god? A simple epistemological exercise reveals that there are only two answers:
--A:God knows because he's god and god is all there is; he knows this because he's god and he's all knowing; he knows this because he's god and god is all there is..... Such circular reasoning is a recognized logical fallacy
--B:Like a logical positivist will admit, one cannot know any such thing. God might believe himself to be all there is and might conclude such from the lack of evidence for the existence of anything else, bu he cannot truly know he was not created by an uber-god. Like an agnostic atheist, he can conclude and believe, but he can never truly know or rule out.

Therefore, any deity defined as truly omniscient or without limit to its power is impossible by definition and cannot exist. The Abrahamic god is defined as both and is therefore impossible by definition and cannot exist.

Is that an argument from ignorance? Not being rude here.

No. An example of an argument from ignorance would be: I dunno how that there eye evolved and i can't imagine me hows dem dere stars formed, so god musta dunnit

What I have presented is the logical implications of the claims made about a specific deity, which show said deity to be impossible by definition. That which is impossible by definition (like an invisible pink unicorn) cannot exist.

Too many coincidences in Earths forming, for there not to be a God....is what my logic says.

Call that ignorance if you like....I can't shake it!

Who gives a fuck whether a god does or does not exist. How different would the world/you/your actions be had it been proven that it exists/doesn't exist? Would you all of a sudden start acting right? Or would you say fuck it and become a criminal? Honestly...

My use of the reference to ignorance, Care, wasn't mean to be offensive to anyone. I was thinking about JB's claim and it seemed to me - wrongly - that it was a claim that the existence of God was false because it hadn't been proven true.

But I admit I struggled in basic philosophy so treat anything I write as being tentative.

As for the coincidences. I always find it a coincidence that human life can live on a planet that sustains human life. Hah, circular argument isn't it? But that's my point. If the planet couldn't sustain human life then we wouldn't be here. I find it a bit weird though, that we can actually breathe a corrosive gas, that's a neat trick!

Who gives a fuck whether a god does or does not exist. How different would the world/you/your actions be had it been proven that it exists/doesn't exist? Would you all of a sudden start acting right? Or would you say fuck it and become a criminal? Honestly...

Careful Neser, there are a few religious industries that depend on gods, don't want to cause a run on their stock do you? :D

Careful Neser, there are a few religious industries that depend on gods, don't want to cause a run on their stock do you? :D

Organized religion - of any form - can bite my crank.

Too many coincidences in Earths forming, for there not to be a God....is what my logic says.

Call that ignorance if you like....I can't shake it!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krPQMwpbLP0]YouTube - Let's pray to the Supernatural Transcendent Dice[/ame]
My use of the reference to ignorance, Care, wasn't mean to be offensive to anyone. I was thinking about JB's claim and it seemed to me - wrongly - that it was a claim that the existence of God was false because it hadn't been proven true.

But I admit I struggled in basic philosophy so treat anything I write as being tentative.

As for the coincidences. I always find it a coincidence that human life can live on a planet that sustains human life. Hah, circular argument isn't it? But that's my point. If the planet couldn't sustain human life then we wouldn't be here. I find it a bit weird though, that we can actually breathe a corrosive gas, that's a neat trick!
Life is finely tuned to the environment from which it arrived.

If my statement is true, then any life in a given environment should be fit for that environment and any lifeform from a vastly different environment should be far less fit for the environment (fish should be SOL in the desert)

If Earth/the universe is tuned for life, then the universe should support life in most of its parts and most regions of the universe should support most forms of life.

Tell me, which of these two does the evidence support?

Why is it important? Are you, or anyone else here, persecuted for your beliefs or lack thereof? Stoned, burned at a stake, beheaded? Or merely challenged, debated, ridiculed perhaps? Endless, useless, circular discussions that accomplish nothing more than stir up controversy, as if there isn't enough necessary conflict to deal with on an on-going basis -- and most of that is of our own creation. Wherever we came from, we're one fucked up species.

Why is it important? Are you, or anyone else here, persecuted for your beliefs or lack thereof? Stoned, burned at a stake, beheaded? Or merely challenged, debated, ridiculed perhaps? Endless, useless, circular discussions that accomplish nothing more than stir up controversy, as if there isn't enough necessary conflict to deal with on an on-going basis -- and most of that is of our own creation. Wherever we came from, we're one fucked up species.

Try telling that to these people

Protect Marriage - Yes on 8 » Home Page

Christian Coalition of America | Defending America's Godly Heritage!

GOP.com Republican National Committee

You're looking for empirical proof of God's existence correct? Well here is my all time favorite, and by far the most convincing example to date. DNA. That's right DNA. DNA is the CODE that becomes the blueprints for making lifeforms. We know of no Code that is not made by an intelligent source, which means that DNA, being a code, denotes the existence of an intelligence far beyond our own capacity that had the ability to create the dna code and make it work in exactly the way it needs to.

Actually there are hundreds and hundreds of proofs for God's existence. Take for example the extremely small margin for error that our universe has for it to work properly. Say for example if space was a total vacuum, instead of only nearly being one? If it was a total vacuum the temperature would be absolute zero. If that happened the entire universe would have ceased to even form.

What if Light-speed remained constant both in space AND on Earth? Right now light-speed slows down appreciably in our atmosphere which is the ONLY reason our eyes can see.

Listen, I think you should google cosmic paradigm and go to the sight. Go to "mark's corner" once on there. Scroll to the bottom and start with september 2008 and work your way from the bottom of that page up to the top instead of from the top down. Go from september 2008 all the way up to now, and I guarantee you will be amazed at what you read. It's not just about God by a long shot, but you'll see what is so interesting about it when you check it out.

DNA is proof of god? So god made man from DNA and we didn't evolve from earlier life forms? And the bible is the word of god no doubt?
You might as well just say that good weed is proof of god, since someone had to make it. Speaking of which.... I'll be back...

You're looking for empirical proof of God's existence correct? Well here is my all time favorite, and by far the most convincing example to date. DNA. That's right DNA. DNA is the CODE that becomes the blueprints for making lifeforms. We know of no Code that is not made by an intelligent source, which means that DNA, being a code, denotes the existence of an intelligence far beyond our own capacity that had the ability to create the dna code and make it work in exactly the way it needs to.

Actually there are hundreds and hundreds of proofs for God's existence. Take for example the extremely small margin for error that our universe has for it to work properly. Say for example if space was a total vacuum, instead of only nearly being one? If it was a total vacuum the temperature would be absolute zero. If that happened the entire universe would have ceased to even form.

What if Light-speed remained constant both in space AND on Earth? Right now light-speed slows down appreciably in our atmosphere which is the ONLY reason our eyes can see.

Listen, I think you should google cosmic paradigm and go to the sight. Go to "mark's corner" once on there. Scroll to the bottom and start with september 2008 and work your way from the bottom of that page up to the top instead of from the top down. Go from september 2008 all the way up to now, and I guarantee you will be amazed at what you read. It's not just about God by a long shot, but you'll see what is so interesting about it when you check it out.

DNA is proof of replicating molecules.

Forum List

Back