Post any empirical proof of God here

Science is the wrong process. Metaphysics is required I think. I think that's why some fundies are scared of science, they think it exists to disprove God. It doesn't. It just beetles along doing its thing.

I can't think of any facts that prove the existence of a creator or some sort of First Cause.

There's the thing though, metaphysics and physics are becoming more alike with each decade. Chaos theory and other sciences keep driving them closer together. The truly fantastic thing is the more we study chaos, the more we understand what physics cannot explain, thus changing some metaphysics into physics. Other sciences, such as neurology, have increased the speed in which this happens. We have, in the pursuit of understanding intelligence (applying to artificial intelligence) learned how the brain works, but it has also made us realize that there is something in life we still haven't found a way to quantify, thus the barriers in AI design. While we can simulate thought, it never achieves realization. So, there is still a great many possibilities within our "hard" sciences that have yet to be discovered, the existence of a higher intelligence being one that is extremely likely, just not yet understood.

The gods did not reveal from the beginning,
All things to us, but in the course of time
Through seeking we may learn and know things better,
But as for certain truth, no man has known it,
Nor shall he know it, neither of the gods
Nor yet of all the things of which I speak.
For even if by chance he were to utter
The final truth, he would himself not know it;
For all is but a woven web of guesses.

Xenophanes trans. Popper

We'll never know, but it's exciting finding out.

A very good prose, and possibly true. We may never know, and you are right, finding out is the fun of life.

You are obviously too stoopid to understand the word "empirical". Please stfu.

With your statement here, I believe Intellegent Design (ID) can stand strong. There is plenty of evidence that there must be a designer, considering how well made all creation is. That cannot really intellectually be denied.

There isn't plenty of evidence at all. And it's easy to deny it.

You know, if people want to believe that there is a God and that He created everything, that's fine. Belief doesn't need evidence. So why the stretch by the IDiots to try and prove God exists by finding "evidence" that He created everything. Every claim is debunked but still they go on. Why? What is it that drives them to try and find evidence? Is their faith so weak? Or is their hatred for non-believers so strong?

You have noe seen me try to prove Gos in any of my posts. I believe, and have all the proof I need. To be honest, nothing is debunked, with the exception of a few wrong proof conclusions. Tey as you will, I don't think one can debunk the fact that God is the creator of all things. Most really don'[t even try to prove what they don't believe exists.

I have no need to prove anything. Remember, this thread, and all of them about God and creation being proven, are started by people who don't believe He exists. They seem to be the ones driven by the desire to find evidence. Why is that? Maybe it is because they are really hoping they are wrong, and someone will convince them. Well, they can only look to the one they don't believe exists to get that kind of understanding. They are not willing to listen to people of faith.

Once again, I have my faith, and init there is all the proof I need, and even more. I cannot hold it in my hand and show anyone, but I can hold it in my heart and enter an eternity with God. My life is awesome, with a few firey trials along the way, but with God I am at peace, and have a joy I cannot explain. I need not prove anything, God willdo that. It is His task.

With your statement here, I believe Intellegent Design (ID) can stand strong. There is plenty of evidence that there must be a designer, considering how well made all creation is. That cannot really intellectually be denied.

You know, if people want to believe that there is a God and that He created everything, that's fine. Belief doesn't need evidence. So why the stretch by the IDiots to try and prove God exists by finding "evidence" that He created everything. Every claim is debunked but still they go on. Why? What is it that drives them to try and find evidence? Is their faith so weak? Or is their hatred for non-believers so strong?

You have noe seen me try to prove Gos in any of my posts. I believe, and have all the proof I need. To be honest, nothing is debunked, with the exception of a few wrong proof conclusions. Tey as you will, I don't think one can debunk the fact that God is the creator of all things. Most really don'[t even try to prove what they don't believe exists.

I have no need to prove anything. Remember, this thread, and all of them about God and creation being proven, are started by people who don't believe He exists. They seem to be the ones driven by the desire to find evidence. Why is that? Maybe it is because they are really hoping they are wrong, and someone will convince them. Well, they can only look to the one they don't believe exists to get that kind of understanding. They are not willing to listen to people of faith.

Once again, I have my faith, and init there is all the proof I need, and even more. I cannot hold it in my hand and show anyone, but I can hold it in my heart and enter an eternity with God. My life is awesome, with a few firey trials along the way, but with God I am at peace, and have a joy I cannot explain. I need not prove anything, God willdo that. It is His task.

I told you before you idiot, if you have no empirical proof, then fuck outta this thread. You're just another delusional retard who claims to have all the proof of something that you have no proof of to show anyone. We get it. You're completely lost. Now go kiss the pope's smelly feet.

If the existence of a creator is a fact then show the evidence. I don't think you can. A fact should be able to be proven to be called a "fact", it it's not able to be proved, it's not a fact. It might be a subjective belief and that belief might be held by millions of individuals but that doesn't make it a fact.

I'm not trying to disprove God's existence, I know enough to not try to prove a negative. I am saying that no-one can prove God exists. I'm not concerned with someone's faith, I'm not interested in trying to test anyone's faith, I'm just interested in trying to get some sort of mutual understanding and consensus about the facts. That's why I get cranky with the IDiots, the misrepresentation of science is highly annoying. If they believe, then fine, but they shouldn't interfere with science by using non-scientific methods to try to disprove accepted scientific theories. It's retrograde.

As for humans, we probably need God. At times I think we're akin to a species infected with a collective madness visited on us by our evolutionary development. The big cerebral cortex we share is responsible for our intellect, yet we still haven't mastered our most reptilian of impulses.

We're like a bunch of toddlers who've been on a high sugar diet locked into a big room and given automatic weapons to play with. We need a supervisor so we invent one.

Because we're human we're cursed with the knowledge of the mortality of the individual. So we need gods, we need the concept of an afterlife, to comfort us in that sad knowledge.

Small wonder even many non-believers, surrendering to the innate fear of that terrible knowledge, deep inside hope that there is an afterlife.

But sometimes I think we're wasting our intellectual effort on trying to bolster a comforting mythology when we should be using our intellect to understand that humans have one life to live and to come to terms with the fact that it will end. Religiosity is a comfort for sure, it's very human and (religious-inspired brutalities aside) it is harmless as a concept. But I suspect it's a con job we perpetrate on ourselves.

I sometimes wonder (again) that if a child were brought up in a non-religious community and educated about the reality of human existence in all its forms and the fact that the individual will one day be no more, that the child would grow up to be a well-balanced adult who appreciated life for what it is and understood that, inevitably, one day it would end. An acceptance rather than a continued denial or the use of mythologies about an afterlife might see a more human human.
I'm sure of one thing though - it would reduce dramatically the number of potential suicide bombers.

Here is my empirical proof of God.

ad2.jpg

HOLY SHIT!!!

Yep...you are right...that picture just made me pray.

Here is my empirical proof of God.

ad2.jpg

HOLY SHIT!!!

Yep...you are right...that picture just made me pray.
Deuteronomy 23:10-11 If there be among you any man, that is not clean by reason of uncleanness that chanceth him by night, then shall he go abroad out of the camp, he shall not come within the camp. But it shall be, when evening cometh on, he shall wash himself with water: and when the sun is down, he shall come into the camp again.

I'm looking for real proof to be able to believe in God. Anyone?

I take up the challenge.

Define God as all matter in the universe as of now.

empirical proof:You!!

You should be more specific when you talk of a "god"--I experienced debates where the definition of god changed at a whim.

Post empirical proof that deity does not exist.

I do not have an empical evidence, how about a logical deduction?

If God exists and wanted each individual to know of God, then the concept of Faith fall on its own merits!! You would know God because God willed it!

This leaves to two arguementative paths to follow
1)God does not care if you know him or not. Then the religions that claim god wants you to know are all false.

2)God wants you to know him but lack the ability to inform you about him directly. This leads to the concept that God is not all powerful/wise.

If God exists and wanted each individual to know of God, then the concept of Faith fall on its own merits!! You would know God because God willed it!

1)God does not care if you know him or not. Then the religions that claim god wants you to know are all false.

2)God wants you to know him but lack the ability to inform you about him directly. This leads to the concept that God is not all powerful/wise.

god and god's teachings are there for you to have a relationship with and learn from if you so choose.....

god and god's teachings are there for you to have a relationship with and learn from if you so choose.....
Jesus, the prophet, the son of God, or God, the truth, the lies, the myth, the controversy.Christians, Islamic points of view, Jesus, Christianity, The Bible, the Gospels, the Corruption, the Contradiction, the Cross, the Church, the Vatican, The Pop

Wait a second--I did not prove there is no god

I argued that any religion that claimed that God is all powerful/wise AND want you to know him is False!!

Oh my!! My little boo-boo. There still could be a god. But Christianity must be false.

Forum List

Back