Possible BOMB found in van in NY's Time Square

Jesus fucking christ, people can't even address attempted mass murder without it turning into pathetic partisan hackery and limpwristed slapping contests.

No wonder America's so fucked up right now

The perp is now admitting to having received bomb training in Pakistan. What happened to the red flags on this character?

I understand your point but they can't follow every single Pakistani U.S. naturalized citizen around the country and the world to determine where they are 24/7. We will just have to hope that they are all as stupid as this guy is. It's pretty obvious that with the 4th terrorist attack since 2009 that this enemy is determined to kill Americans in America. It's high time the assholes at the ACLU and left wing retards who do nothing but bitch and complain about civil liberties realize we are in fact, as admitted by Barak Hussein Obama, a country at war. They could take some lessons from what the home front had to deal with in World War 2.

Jesus fucking christ, people can't even address attempted mass murder without it turning into pathetic partisan hackery and limpwristed slapping contests.

People are going to have to get used to the fact that - like Europe, and other areas around the world we are no longer insulated by from terrorism. Attempts are going to be made and chances are some will not be caught and some will be successful.

It's so retarded to listen to people trying to blame the President for "failing to prevent" attempts when there has been no substantive change in policies regarding homeland security.

People act like little children expecting 100% safety and accountability at all times.

That doesn't happen unless you live in a police state and it certainly isn't "freedom" everyone is clamoring for.

People are going to have to get used to the fact that - like Europe, and other areas around the world we are no longer insulated by from terrorism. Attempts are going to be made and chances are some will not be caught and some will be successful.

It's so retarded to listen to people trying to blame the President for "failing to prevent" attempts when there has been no substantive change in policies regarding homeland security.

People act like little children expecting 100% safety and accountability at all times.

That doesn't happen unless you live in a police state and it certainly isn't "freedom" everyone is clamoring for.

Homeland Security is still relatively new to us. And this administration has appointed an idiot to run it. Not helping at all.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
The perp is now admitting to having received bomb training in Pakistan. What happened to the red flags on this character?

I understand your point but they can't follow every single Pakistani U.S. naturalized citizen around the country and the world to determine where they are 24/7. We will just have to hope that they are all as stupid as this guy is. It's pretty obvious that with the 4th terrorist attack since 2009 that this enemy is determined to kill Americans in America. It's high time the assholes at the ACLU and left wing retards who do nothing but bitch and complain about civil liberties realize we are in fact, as admitted by Barak Hussein Obama, a country at war. They could take some lessons from what the home front had to deal with in World War 2.

Ok the lesson being that if we let little cowardly fascists pretend we don't have civil liberties during war we'll end up imprisoning innocent civilians in internment camps for the good of our safety.

Last edited:

Homeland Security is still relatively new to us. And this administration has appointed an idiot to run it. Not helping at all.

Yes it is...but, the whole idea that we can be attacked is. It's nothing new to much of the rest of the world.

As to whether he's an idiot - that's a matter of opinion. Either way there has been no substantive changes in policy to justify all this finger pointing and blaming.

I think we have to get used to the fact that we are now a target and maintaining a balance between being a safe society and a free society is going to be very tricky. To that end, I applaud the ACLU, the Homeland Security, the civil courts, the intelligence agencies, the military, and the media because we need them to keep from going too far in any one direction due to fear, naivete or xenophobia.

Ok the lesson being that if we let little cowardly fascists pretend we don't have civil liberties during war we'll end up imprisoning innocent civilians in internment camps for the good of our safety.

No. The lesson is quit being a whiny ass little crybaby me me me bitch and start supporting your President.

No. The lesson is quit being a whiny ass little crybaby me me me bitch and start supporting your President.

Oh you're one of those "follow the president whether right or wrong" types

Sorry but I don't do blind loyalty. Respect is earned not demanded.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Ben Franklin.

Or your country

Yes it is...but, the whole idea that we can be attacked is. It's nothing new to much of the rest of the world.

As to whether he's an idiot - that's a matter of opinion. Either way there has been no substantive changes in policy to justify all this finger pointing and blaming.

I think we have to get used to the fact that we are now a target and maintaining a balance between being a safe society and a free society is going to be very tricky. To that end, I applaud the ACLU, the Homeland Security, the civil courts, the intelligence agencies, the military, and the media because we need them to keep from going too far in any one direction due to fear, naivete or xenophobia.

Um, that would be She.

And in case you didn't get it, our enemies have changed the rules.

Um, that would be She.

Yes. I use "he" generaly.

In case you didn't get it, that's a given. They are constantly changing the rules. It's a bit like evolution. But until something happens, or you get sufficient intelligence to act on, there isn't a whole lot you can do. Unless your Obama of course. Then you should have prevented it.

I do not mean to hijack this most excellent discussion, but I have a concern and wondered if anyone shared it. The attempted bombing occurred on Sunday. It is now Tuesday, almost Wednesday. I only heard of it tonight.

I have been on this board, listened to CNN and the local news, read a few newspapers....I have not been in a coma.

Does anyone else but me think a media black out took place? I don't doubt there was SOME reporting..but this story was certainly not VIRAL. I just cannot imagine why that is, if true.

I do not mean to hijack this most excellent discussion, but I have a concern and wondered if anyone shared it. The attempted bombing occurred on Sunday. It is now Tuesday, almost Wednesday. I only heard of it tonight.

I have been on this board, listened to CNN and the local news, read a few newspapers....I have not been in a coma.

Does anyone else but me think a media black out took place? I don't doubt there was SOME reporting..but this story was certainly not VIRAL. I just cannot imagine why that is, if true.

Judging by the rest of your posts, I'd say you missed it because your head was too far up your ass for you to hear anything other than your own large intestines.

Um, that would be She.

In case you didn't get it, that's a given. They are constantly changing the rules. It's a bit like evolution. But until something happens, or you get sufficient intelligence to act on, there isn't a whole lot you can do. Unless your Obama of course. Then you should have prevented it.

The point is coyote that the terrorists have and as you said continually change the rules. In the mean time we do not change with them without a years worth of hearings and a year of fighting amongst ourselves in congress. By the time we react they are ready to change again. Look at the PAT ACT, We are still fighting against it, we have charged our own special forces because a terrorist got a fat lip. We as a people are fighting the changes we need to make.

Um, that would be She.

The point is coyote that the terrorists have and as you said continually change the rules. In the mean time we do not change with them without a years worth of hearings and a year of fighting amongst ourselves in congress. By the time we react they are ready to change again. Look at the PAT ACT, We are still fighting against it, we have charged our own special forces because a terrorist got a fat lip. We as a people are fighting the changes we need to make.

In all seriousness...don't you think that is happening? What ever you might think about Obama politically - he isn't stupid, he isn't a fool, and he does not want to see another 9/11 attack. Very few - if any - of the Bush Administration safeguards have been dismantled, and I am quite sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes nationally and internationally to try to keep up with changing threats and most of that never makes it into the media or the congressional arena.

You say: "We as a people are fighting the changes we need to make." Yes, we are - but that is a good thing. These kind of changes should not be made without a fight, without a careful waying of consequences. We should not rest easy and accept them as permanent or accept them without question for the sake of "security".

You also say: "...we have charged our own special forces because a terrorist got a fat lip."

Is that necessarily a bad thing? However you feel about the prisoner personally, the law should still be respected and discipline is still important otherwise what is the difference between us and them? Aside from that, part of the charge - I think the more damning part of the charge - was the cover up, wasn't it?

In all seriousness...don't you think that is happening? What ever you might think about Obama politically - he isn't stupid, he isn't a fool, and he does not want to see another 9/11 attack. Very few - if any - of the Bush Administration safeguards have been dismantled, and I am quite sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes nationally and internationally to try to keep up with changing threats and most of that never makes it into the media or the congressional arena.

You say: "We as a people are fighting the changes we need to make." Yes, we are - but that is a good thing. These kind of changes should not be made without a fight, without a careful waying of consequences. We should not rest easy and accept them as permanent or accept them without question for the sake of "security".

You also say: "...we have charged our own special forces because a terrorist got a fat lip."

Is that necessarily a bad thing? However you feel about the prisoner personally, the law should still be respected and discipline is still important otherwise what is the difference between us and them? Aside from that, part of the charge - I think the more damning part of the charge - was the cover up, wasn't it?

I disagree Obama is a fool. Pres. Bush adapted to the war against Al Qaida. He changed it from a law enforcement issue into a war. Obama changed it back again, and that's why we are encoutering so many problems.

Interrogators need to focus on getting information from this needle dick in order to stop other terrorist attacks, and not have Obama imposed miranda rights as an obstacle to this aim.

Forum List

Back