PORTLAND PROTEST! The dawn of a revolution, 8-17-19

You guys attack your own more then any protesters opposing you. Gets your gutless ball sacks out into a red area and teach them a lesson. Its time to move up now and take off the training wheels.....We're moving on up...to the red side.....we're finally going to make them cry...honkies cooking in the oven....infants pried from the womb....Oh we're moving on up to the red side....we're finally going to make the cry....

Good was he unjustified YES OR NO

In case you haven't noticed, I am not going to answer this question. In the context of this thread, to attempt to use a TV show from the 1950s as justification is utterly ridiculous. It is fiction. The writers created the characters, the crimes and the justice for a fake situation. The idea that a town in the 1880s could be terrorized by a one or two bad men is stupid. This was a time, just a decade or two removed from the Civil War, when everyone had a gun and new how to use it.

You want fewer cops? I disagree with that for numerous reasons. But to use a western tv show and an 80s action movie as examples of anything but entertainment is ridiculous.

At least try using reality. Try reading up on Ken McElroy and what happened to him.
After the civil war that was reality. And it helped create the greatest generation..

in the 1920’s were there more police on the street now or then?

Probably less in the 1920s. Were the major cities safer? Did the rise of organized crime syndicates help those cities?
Do you think families were stronger in the 1920’s?

I think they had to be. Most tried to have as many children as they could, and the wives mostly couldn't work. It was also much more labor intensive to keep a house and to do almost anything.
How was it more labor intensive? People in general worked hard we are Americans. Most wives shouldn’t work out side the home. Raise a strong family. And there was less government interference back then.. you could work under the table, barter.. many more options then today

Good was he unjustified YES OR NO

In case you haven't noticed, I am not going to answer this question. In the context of this thread, to attempt to use a TV show from the 1950s as justification is utterly ridiculous. It is fiction. The writers created the characters, the crimes and the justice for a fake situation. The idea that a town in the 1880s could be terrorized by a one or two bad men is stupid. This was a time, just a decade or two removed from the Civil War, when everyone had a gun and new how to use it.

You want fewer cops? I disagree with that for numerous reasons. But to use a western tv show and an 80s action movie as examples of anything but entertainment is ridiculous.

At least try using reality. Try reading up on Ken McElroy and what happened to him.
After the civil war that was reality. And it helped create the greatest generation..

After the Civil War, what was reality? A couple of gunslingers holding a town hostage??
Where did I say that?

I was asking a question. You can tell by the "?" at the end of each sentence.

You said "After the civil war that was reality". I was asking what you meant.
More self policing, created strong families. That what America is. Take care of your self .. if you can’t move

DeathSquads.jpg

Probably less in the 1920s. Were the major cities safer? Did the rise of organized crime syndicates help those cities?

I think they had to be. Most tried to have as many children as they could, and the wives mostly couldn't work. It was also much more labor intensive to keep a house and to do almost anything.
How was it more labor intensive? People in general worked hard we are Americans. Most wives shouldn’t work out side the home. Raise a strong family. And there was less government interference back then.. you could work under the table, barter.. many more options then today

Yes, more labor intensive. The number of appliances in the home were minimal. So all the housework was more labor intensive.

And yes, there was less gov't interference then. That is why, in 1900 18% of the working population was under the age of 16. Children worked in factories from the time they were 10, and were paid far less than adults.

During that same time, most people never went more than 25 miles from where they were born unless it was in military service.

People died by the tens of thousands of the flu. Business owners could treat their employees any way they wanted.

Yes, more labor intensive. The number of appliances in the home were minimal. So all the housework was more labor intensive.

And yes, there was less gov't interference then. That is why, in 1900 18% of the working population was under the age of 16. Children worked in factories from the time they were 10, and were paid far less than adults.

During that same time, most people never went more than 25 miles from where they were born unless it was in military service.

People died by the tens of thousands of the flu. Business owners could treat their employees any way they wanted.
My niece and nephews work to lol they are under 16 haha
They are happy.. and it was less labor back then because less single mothers more people to help..

Do you have anything to debate besides your fallacies? Boring

An independent journalist was pepper-sprayed and attacked by Antifa during Saturday’s “End Domestic Terrorism” march in Portland, Oregon.
Antifa Attacks Journalists At Portland ‘End Domestic Terrorism’ Protest

They attack anything or anyone...... as long as it fits their bs.
Quit spamming the board with the Fight That Never Happened. I know you're heartily disappointed there wasn't a riot yesterday, but enough is enough.

Five of the eight new threads are from you about this.

This un-civil war is a product of trump's rhetoric. Those who engage in these events are anarchists from the far right and the far left; no one should pick sides or place blame on anyone other than Trump, for his rhetoric has given both sides permission, and only he benefits from a house divided.

After the Civil War, what was reality? A couple of gunslingers holding a town hostage??
Where did I say that?

More self policing, created strong families. That what America is. Take care of your self .. if you can’t move

And created larger families, which could find themselves starving all too easily.

Self sufficiency is great. But a great society will always take care of those who cannot fend for themselves.

One huge factor in the increase in crime in the cities was the increasingly common use of air conditioning. People closed their windows, stop sitting on porches and front steps. It allowed more anonymity for people. Now with the use of technology, we have increased that even more.

One thing history teaches, you cannot go back to what you perceive as a better time. In the 1920s roughly 30% of the population was functionally illiterate.

They are happy.. and it was less labor back then because less single mothers more people to help..

Your niece and nephew don't work 16 hour days in dangerous occupations.

Single mothers were far less common. But the men worked long hours for low pay. So the day to day household work was done almost exclusively by the wife. There was no vacuum cleaner, very few refrigerator (ice boxes), no freezer, washing machines were primitive and no dryers, and since windows were opened for ventilation there was a lot more dust and soot in most houses (that had to be cleaned).

Where did I say that?

And created larger families, which could find themselves starving all too easily.

Self sufficiency is great. But a great society will always take care of those who cannot fend for themselves.

One huge factor in the increase in crime in the cities was the increasingly common use of air conditioning. People closed their windows, stop sitting on porches and front steps. It allowed more anonymity for people. Now with the use of technology, we have increased that even more.

One thing history teaches, you cannot go back to what you perceive as a better time. In the 1920s roughly 30% of the population was functionally illiterate.
Most of our major cities public school grads are functionally illiterate, only difference is you had less regulation and people could work, you weren’t going to court and suffering hardship because of a police state, your name wasn’t in a government database, and you had stronger families. Which is why we had less Mass murders, a more cohesive country ..
We will being going back to those values soon, democrats can’t win an election

I just shake my head at your comparing your niece & nephew working in modern times with the horrible conditions of child labor in the 1920s.

And are you really claiming housework as less labor intensive in the 1920s? That is simply insanity.

Where did I say that?

Most of our major cities public school grads are functionally illiterate, only difference is you had less regulation and people could work, you weren’t going to court and suffering hardship because of a police state, your name wasn’t in a government database, and you had stronger families. Which is why we had less Mass murders, a more cohesive country ..

If you were in court and facing hardships, you likely committed a crime. Not much sympathy there.

No, we will not be going back to those values. To do that would mean going back to a time when white men were the rulers and everyone else had to accept the scraps offered.

Your niece and nephew don't work 16 hour days in dangerous occupations.

Single mothers were far less common. But the men worked long hours for low pay. So the day to day household work was done almost exclusively by the wife. There was no vacuum cleaner, very few refrigerator (ice boxes), no freezer, washing machines were primitive and no dryers, and since windows were opened for ventilation there was a lot more dust and soot in most houses (that had to be cleaned).
Kids work like that in China and there is less crime just saying ..

And I don’t have any of those things and I’m a guy lol well I have a frig
And rent was far less money. And you had more options to work they might have sucked but you could find work.

I just shake my head at your comparing your niece & nephew working in modern times with the horrible conditions of child labor in the 1920s.

And are you really claiming housework as less labor intensive in the 1920s? That is simply insanity.
Lol my mother had all those things was a house wife and had calluses on her hand that would make a farmer blush .. and died at 50. All
Cleaning is labor. Caring for appliance is sometime harder then not having them. Again you are posting fallacies..

You can’t debate that the strongest times of the American family was back when we were more self-sufficient and self Policing

Where did I say that?

If you were in court and facing hardships, you likely committed a crime. Not much sympathy there.

No, we will not be going back to those values. To do that would mean going back to a time when white men were the rulers and everyone else had to accept the scraps offered.
But if the cops aren’t around your arent in court and it’s a FACT America’s greatest generation came from those times. More self policing and more self-sufficient strong families created a more civilized country

But if the cops aren’t around your arent in court and it’s a FACT America’s greatest generation came from those times. More self policing and more self-sufficient strong families created a more civilized country

Yes, if cops aren't around you can commit crimes and not go to court. Why you see that as good for anyone except criminals is mind boggling.

Forum List

Back