Portland mosque of kid FBI set up with fake bombs gets burned

We could take some serious lessons from Israel........30 years, and they've been quite successful........Profile baby!

Do you know anything about Israel's methods? They have 48 airports, we have over 15,000.

Israel?s Airport Security, Object Of Envy, Is Hard To Emulate Here ? Forward.com

But while Israel does maintain an excellent track record for preventing airplane terrorism, its unique system of security, which leans heavily on personal interaction and on group profiling, cannot easily be emulated by the United States.

“The way things work in the United States is 180 degrees opposite to the way things work in Israel,” said Yuval Bezherano, an executive at an Israeli consulting firm that designs airport security systems. “Adopting the full Israeli system won’t work, because of costs, time and legal differences.”

This is also the point where profiling takes place: While most Jewish Israeli citizens will be waved through after the brief conversation, others, mainly Israeli Arabs and non-Jewish visitors, will be taken aside for lengthy questioning and a thorough luggage and physical check.

We could take some serious lessons from Israel........30 years, and they've been quite successful........Profile baby!

Do you know anything about Israel's methods? They have 48 airports, we have over 15,000.

Israel?s Airport Security, Object Of Envy, Is Hard To Emulate Here ? Forward.com

But while Israel does maintain an excellent track record for preventing airplane terrorism, its unique system of security, which leans heavily on personal interaction and on group profiling, cannot easily be emulated by the United States.

“The way things work in the United States is 180 degrees opposite to the way things work in Israel,” said Yuval Bezherano, an executive at an Israeli consulting firm that designs airport security systems. “Adopting the full Israeli system won’t work, because of costs, time and legal differences.”

This is also the point where profiling takes place: While most Jewish Israeli citizens will be waved through after the brief conversation, others, mainly Israeli Arabs and non-Jewish visitors, will be taken aside for lengthy questioning and a thorough luggage and physical check.
Yeah bert, I know all about Israel's methods........We've got plenty of people to do the job in all 15,000 airports........Obviously, there is a HUGE population and land mass discrepency between the US and Israel.......Profiling is a useful tool and. it's one we should definitely be using.......I don't have a problem with body scans and pat downs but, it has gotten to be a lil' ridiculous at times.

Here's an idea...instead of fondling and x-raying everyone...why don't we just pull the guy in the robe, whose name is similar to Ahmed, aside and ask a few questions. Save a lot of time and force the Muslims with bad intentions to think twice about messing with airplanes.

Do you think that would of stopped 9/11?

Are you asking me to prove a negative again?

Are you asking me to prove a negative again?

Actually, I'm asking you for your opinion, again. The hijackers on 9/11 wore suits, not robes. They seemed happy, not upset. The only way that 9/11 would of been stopped using "profiling" would be racial profiling. While it is something I'm sure you have no problem with whatsoever, it creates a slippery slope atmosphere that has been seen too many times in this country's history. The next step by many of the people who got what they wanted in racial profiling will be those calling for internment camps, much like what the Japanese, some Italian, and some German American citizens were forced to undergo during World War II.

Entrapment is cool now....just like no Miranda rights is cool, no 4th amendment rights is cool...and torture is cool....

Cool
Christ, you are one stupid lil' lezbo to be sure.

The MAN was entrapped?

PROVE IT!

FACT is, he went online looking for anybody to help him build a bomb to KILL your fellow americans......That FACT cannot be denied.......The MAN tried to detonate the BOMB thinking it was real.......The man was going to kill americans one way or the other....Thanks to the work of the FBI, that will never happen.

Seriously, whose side are you on?

And you have the audacity to wonder why i'm on your ass like a pig on slop?

Seriously, you're one sick lil' bitch!:cuckoo:

Naval aviator?...MY ASS!

Entrapment is cool now....just like no Miranda rights is cool, no 4th amendment rights is cool...and torture is cool....

Cool
how in the HELL was this entrapment?
someone comes up to me and asks me to blow people up, i tell them NO

I'm living in Bizarro World.

People, think about this: Mohammed Muhammed was holding a cell phone. He parked a car next to a large crowed of innocent men, women and children, who were lighting a Christmas tree. In his mind, he dialed that phone with the thought that once he did, that car would explode and kill hundreds. That was his intent.

And you say only the FBI is to blame?????

I guess since he wasn't able to complete his task.And maybe the FBI was a little out of line according to some on here.It seems the FBI might have been a tad untruthful and maybe a little misleading in the sense that they might have been posing as bad guys.Well that is totally unfair I guess and it seems to pose a problem for some on the left here.

No.

I am saying they gave him the cell phone, the idea for the bomb, and the van the fake bomb was in. It is not the FBI's fault he was willing to blow up those people, but it was their fault that the fake bomb was where it was. They were grandstanding, and now a Mosque was attacked in one of the most liberal cities in America. Think about that for a while.

This is the kind of stuff I love. Actually seeing the failures of our public school system, live and in stereo. I am not a cop...nor an expert in law...but does this guy really think the FBI picked some kid up and talked him into bombing hundreds of people? I'm no expert, but I'll play one here...The feds get a tip that someone is planning something...they check it out...99% are kooks...1% are real...the feds then take control of the situation by "going undercover". Instead of letting Makmud out of their sight and possibly going to someone who WILL give him what he needs, they "pretend" to give him what he needs....Much safer that way idiot...Then when Makmud hits the button to do what he intends, the police swoop in and nail him. Now they could let him go and tell him not to plan anymore bombings...or they could just hold onto him to make sure he dosen't connect with a "real" terrorist group next time...I love seeing idiocy that is so obvious...It's like shooting fish in a barrel :)

So the FBI converted that guy to a radical islamic ideology? Either you have some top secret information not available to the public or you're an idiot. I'm inclined to think it's the latter. The guy already had the mindset and will to carry out the crime before the FBI ever got involved. The FBI did not "create" him or his convictions. They merely proved his intentions were real and not a bunch of hot air.

The burden of proof is on you two to prove that this person would of carried out the attack on the date it occurred without encouragement, money, and support from FBI undercover agents. The person tried to commit a criminal act, that in itself was wrong, yes. However, if it was because of the FBI that this bomber got as far as he did, then all they actually did was take someone who could of possibly at some point down the road did something, give him everything he needs to carry out this action, and then stop him from doing so.

Exactly.

So how do you prove a negative? If you can prove to me that the recession would have been worse without TARP then I will eat my own left foot. Real proof by the way...not some "consensus" of experts like you left wing people seem to think is the gold standard of "proof".

This isn't asking you to prove a negative. The point being here is that the FBI helped the bomber get to the point where he was that day. Without the FBI involvement, it is difficult to say whether or not he would of gone through with it. I am happy the FBI did prevent him from injuring innocent people, but we must also remember that nobody was in any danger in the first place because they were there from the beginning.

The FBI successfully thwarts its own Terrorist plot - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

But strangely, while all other conversations with Mohamud which the FBI summarizes were (according to the affidavit) recorded by numerous recording devices, this conversation -- the crucial one for negating Mohamud's entrapment defense -- was not. That's because, according to the FBI, the undercover agent "was equipped with audio equipment to record the meeting. However, due to technical problems, the meeting was not recorded" (para. 37).

I did not know that. It always amazes me how convenient technical problems pop up at the most inconvenient times for the defendant, but rarely get in the way of the cops proving they are right.

People, think about this: Mohammed Muhammed was holding a cell phone. He parked a car next to a large crowed of innocent men, women and children, who were lighting a Christmas tree. In his mind, he dialed that phone with the thought that once he did, that car would explode and kill hundreds. That was his intent.

I guess since he wasn't able to complete his task.And maybe the FBI was a little out of line according to some on here.It seems the FBI might have been a tad untruthful and maybe a little misleading in the sense that they might have been posing as bad guys.Well that is totally unfair I guess and it seems to pose a problem for some on the left here.

No.

I am saying they gave him the cell phone, the idea for the bomb, and the van the fake bomb was in. It is not the FBI's fault he was willing to blow up those people, but it was their fault that the fake bomb was where it was. They were grandstanding, and now a Mosque was attacked in one of the most liberal cities in America. Think about that for a while.
You're an idiot defending a terrorist who wanted to kill YOUR FELLOW AMERICANS.......Think about that for awhile!

Here's a scary thought,The person,persons responsible for this alleged Mosque burning if caught will get more negative press and probably more jail time then the man the FBI caught.

Are you defending the person who tried to burn down the mosque? Is this person better because he was trying to commit a crime against muslims?
Of course the guy who planned the bombing should be punished, but the arson should be punished also. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Here's a scary thought,The person,persons responsible for this alleged Mosque burning if caught will get more negative press and probably more jail time then the man the FBI caught.

Are you defending the person who tried to burn down the mosque? Is this person better because he was trying to commit a crime against muslims?
Of course the guy who planned the bombing should be punished, but the arson should be punished also. Two wrongs don't make a right.
actually, i believe he was pointing out the fact that more people are defending the accused bomber than the burners

No.

You're an idiot defending a terrorist who wanted to kill YOUR FELLOW AMERICANS.......Think about that for awhile!

I am not defending anyone, I am criticizing the FBI. It is quite easy to do the latter without doing the former, why is that concept so hard for you, and others, to grasp.

actually, i believe he was pointing out the fact that more people are defending the accused bomber than the burners

When he had made that post I believe no one had defended the bomber.

Forum List

Back