Pope Francis: You Cannot Impose Democracy On Cultures That Have No History Of Democracy

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
IMG_20160220_212244.jpg

After so many of his declarations and statements about all Mankind should be brothers, I was shocked to read this. It is, by far, the truest comment I've ever read by a “world leader.” Peoples who have known nothing but tribalism for centuries have no hold upon the reality of democracy- and never will.

ROME (Reuters) - Pope Francis criticised Western powers for trying to export their own brand of democracy to countries such as Iraq and Libya without respecting indigenous political cultures, according to an interview published on Monday.

Blog is @ War News Updates: Pope Francis: You Cannot Impose Democracy On Cultures That Have No History Of Democracy with link to Pope criticises West for trying to export own brand of democracy to Iraq, Libya

the more FRANCES "issues statements"----the more he comes off as
an air-head, populist, saxophone player

Republicans want to impose Democracy on Iraq but take it away here with their voter suppression and lies.

IMG_20160220_212244.jpg

After so many of his declarations and statements about all Mankind should be brothers, I was shocked to read this. It is, by far, the truest comment I've ever read by a “world leader.” Peoples who have known nothing but tribalism for centuries have no hold upon the reality of democracy- and never will.

ROME (Reuters) - Pope Francis criticised Western powers for trying to export their own brand of democracy to countries such as Iraq and Libya without respecting indigenous political cultures, according to an interview published on Monday.

Blog is @ War News Updates: Pope Francis: You Cannot Impose Democracy On Cultures That Have No History Of Democracy with link to Pope criticises West for trying to export own brand of democracy to Iraq, Libya

It should be noted that the "and never will" is your opinion, not his.

Note the word "imposed." Kind of like what his church did in tandem with colonialists throughout its history - forcing conquered peoples to accept a new way of life or be slaughtered.

Every people has the right to find its own way toward a form of government in its own time. The idiotic notion that "the Iraqis will welcome us with open arms [after we've killed thousands of civilians and destroyed their infrastructure]" is just one recent example of Democracy at Gunpoint, and doomed to failure.

Republicans want to impose Democracy on Iraq but take it away here with their voter suppression and lies.

You're an idiot.

A) Democrats went right along with the plan for democracy in Iraq
B) No one in this country has had their right to vote suppressed

I actually agree with this. Im proud of the commie.

why "proud"?
why not

he is a careless iconoclast to the point of COSMIC ENTROPY

Because -?

he likes to benefit from the HIPPY GLOW-----he all but exclaims
-----LOVE ME!!! I AM A FLOWER CHILD

Interesting opinion. Baseless, but interesting. Do you prefer the old, corrupt, unchanging institution?

Forum List

Back