Pope bans homosexuals from ordination as priests

Kathianne said:
Come now, you DO NOT consider yourself Catholic? You are one of the bashers. :thup:

I am curious as to what you consider bashing. I'll make fun of anyone-or-thing, but then, PC isn't my strong suit. But I don't consider that bashing. Bashing to me is meant to have a harmful and/or mean effect.

GunnyL said:
I am curious as to what you consider bashing. I'll make fun of anyone-or-thing, but then, PC isn't my strong suit. But I don't consider that bashing. Bashing to me is meant to have a harmful and/or mean effect.

Being far from PC myself I hear ya. Still think this:

steeler fan said:
I figured that I would never get my life straight when I could have drunken debauchery part of the week, forgiveness and then get to do the whole thing again.
comes close enough for me to quiz...

Kathianne said:
He will not squirm, that takes a developed conscious.

I would say it takes a developed concious to asses the entire conversation as a whole versus selectively picking out what entertains one most.

STEELERS-FAN said:
Seriously, I think I made myself clear with a lil bit of humor, and have no plans to return. However, I do have family members that are still very active in the church and I respect their faith.

Yep, based on this, I am squirming and a basher, go take a :chillpill

Bonnie said:
Well Im happy about that, but you know the criticsim is sure to follow. Get ready!!! LOL

Well how is he going to go about identifying these homosexuals? Will they discriminate against people who have feminine voices? I can promise you gay priests don't openly talk about their gayness while they are studying to be a priest.

Abbey Normal said:
Exactly how I see it. I was especially amazed at all the non-Catholics who had the gall to criticize the Church for the selection of it's own leader.

Probably because the Pope is the most influential person in the world. That would be like saying other countries shouldn't care who we elect to be president. Or maybe you shouldn't care who your neighboring state elects to different offices. Or maybe you should. I think you should.

Powerman said:
Well how is he going to go about identifying these homosexuals? Will they discriminate against people who have feminine voices? I can promise you gay priests don't openly talk about their gayness while they are studying to be a priest.

They could hook the prospective priests up to a heart rate monitor, show them pictures of nude women and nude men and see which one excites them.

Powerman said:
Probably because the Pope is the most influential person in the world. That would be like saying other countries shouldn't care who we elect to be president. Or maybe you shouldn't care who your neighboring state elects to different offices. Or maybe you should. I think you should.

It also takes some gall to come out and criticize another country's choice of their own leader. But to criticize a religious order for who it selects as it's leader takes the cake. What hypocrisy when the same people who want religion erased from public view, feel free to stick their noses into the policies and procedures of one of those religions.

People were protesting the selection of Cardinal Ratzinger, as if they had the right to get the church to change who they selected. That goes far beyond "caring" who was selected, as you described it. The MSM even pejoratively described him as a "Rottweiler".

As for your assumption that the Pope is the "most influential person in the world", this may not even be true among Catholics. Polls consistently indicate that many, many Catholics ignore Papal teachings on birth control and divorce- hardly the overwhelmingly influence you paint the Pope as having. Among non-Catholics the point is truly moot, unless you are arguing that non-Catholics worldwide are required to follow his teachings.

Nuc said:
He was a member of the Hitler Youth. Which in that time and place was probably like being in the Boy Scouts.

He was a reluctant member and only joined to keep attention from himself. Has anybody ever read a history on this guy? He is really quite a remarkable man.

no1tovote4 said:
He was a reluctant member and only joined to keep attention from himself. Has anybody ever read a history on this guy? He is really quite a remarkable man.

He really really is!!

no1tovote4 said:

Yeah other than the fact that he is a defendent in a child molestation cover up case....

OK my family is Catholic and I was raised catholic and went to a catholic school. As far as I know this is completely in conflict with what the catholic church teaches. The catholic church prior to this bigoted decision maintained the belief that homosexuality is an abomination but that homosexuals who didn't physically practice their sexuality weren't sinners. And since the priests aren't supposed to be practicing their hederosexual tendencies either then I don't see what the big deal is. If a homosexual priest can refrain from sexual intercourse then why is he any less worthy of becoming a priest? The fact that so many of you are applauding this move just shows that you really do hate gay people IMO.

Powerman said:
OK my family is Catholic and I was raised catholic and went to a catholic school. As far as I know this is completely in conflict with what the catholic church teaches. The catholic church prior to this bigoted decision maintained the belief that homosexuality is an abomination but that homosexuals who didn't physically practice their sexuality weren't sinners. And since the priests aren't supposed to be practicing their hederosexual tendencies either then I don't see what the big deal is. If a homosexual priest can refrain from sexual intercourse then why is he any less worthy of becoming a priest? The fact that so many of you are applauding this move just shows that you really do hate gay people IMO.

So Homosexuality is only an abomination if is it practiced?

Or someone can "be" something that is considered an abomination but not be a sinner at the same time?

Powerman said:

ok.....if you have not and can not practice either type of sex..... how do you know what you are? lustfull thoughts? that is a sin as well.....it would appear that no one can be a priest.....

kidding.........i smell aclu lawsuit for discrimination

GotZoom said:
So Homosexuality is only an abomination if is it practiced?

Or someone can "be" something that is considered an abomination but not be a sinner at the same time?

They are not sinners in that regard. The catholic church(before this evil cocksucker took over) maintained that homosexual acts were sins but did not pass any judgement on homosexuals who showed restraint with regards to their sexual tendencies. That seems very reasonable to me. Now you are sending a message to all homosexuals telling them that even if they show restraint as before they are still looked at as second rate citizens. That's not very smart and it's definitely bigoted. If you want to dispute that then you might want to take an IQ test to make sure it's in the double digits.

Powerman said:
They are not sinners in that regard. The catholic church(before this evil cocksucker took over) maintained that homosexual acts were sins but did not pass any judgement on homosexuals who showed restraint with regards to their sexual tendencies. That seems very reasonable to me. Now you are sending a message to all homosexuals telling them that even if they show restraint as before they are still looked at as second rate citizens. That's not very smart and it's definitely bigoted. If you want to dispute that then you might want to take an IQ test to make sure it's in the double digits.

But you said:

"The catholic church prior to this bigoted decision maintained the belief that homosexuality is an abomination. "

How is declaring what someone "is" an abomination but not passing judgement on them?

So what you are saying is that the church believed that homosexuality is an abomination but it was an acceptable abomination as long as the homosexuals didn't act on thier desires; as long as they showed restraint. Even though, in their heart, they were homosexuals, and homosexuality is an abomination - the church said, no biggie..they aren't "acting" on their desires so it's all good.

Is that it?

-Cp said:
Good job Pope!

Pope Benedict XVI has given his approval to a new Vatican policy document that bans men with homosexual tendencies from being ordained as priests, reports Catholic World News.

The policy statement is a direct result of the pope's concern about the pedophilia scandal in the church – especially in the U.S.

The new document, prepared by the Congregation for Catholic Education in response to a request made by the late Pope John Paul II in 1994, will be published soon. It will take the form of an "Instruction," signed by the prefect and secretary of the congregation: Cardinal Zenon Grocholewski and Archbishop Michael Miller, according to the report.

The report was first referenced on Joseph Farah's nationally syndicated radio program last week by Raymond Arroyo, author of the new book "Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve and a Network of Miracles." Arroyo has covered the papacy more than any other journalist

The text, approved by Benedict at the end of August, says that homosexual men should not be admitted to seminaries even if they are celibate, because their condition suggests a serious personality disorder that detracts from their ability to serve as ministers, says the CWN report.

Priests who have already been ordained, if they suffer from homosexual impulses, are strongly urged to renew their dedication to chastity and a manner of life appropriate to the priesthood.

Read the Rest:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46409

:clap::clap:
Geeeezzzzzzzzz, now who's going to take care of the lil boys, the Nuns? I can see this one coming. :poke:

Forum List

Back