5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
Looks like there is some action by moderate Muslims in some countries!! :thup:

----------------
Indonesian Muslims Support Embattled Christians
Patrick Goodenough
International Editor

(CNSNews.com) - Embattled Christians in Indonesia, facing intimidation and threats from militant Muslims, are getting offers of help from an unexpected source.

The head of Indonesia's huge traditionalist Muslim organization, Nadhlatul Ulama (N.U.), has spoken out against the actions of Islamists who have forcibly shut down dozens of churches in West Java province.

He even has offered to send N.U. militiamen to protect vulnerable churches, which the extremists claim are operating illegally.

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/religiontoday/1349813.html

gop_jeff said:
Looks like there is some action by moderate Muslims in some countries!! :thup:

----------------
Indonesian Muslims Support Embattled Christians
Patrick Goodenough
International Editor

(CNSNews.com) - Embattled Christians in Indonesia, facing intimidation and threats from militant Muslims, are getting offers of help from an unexpected source.

The head of Indonesia's huge traditionalist Muslim organization, Nadhlatul Ulama (N.U.), has spoken out against the actions of Islamists who have forcibly shut down dozens of churches in West Java province.

He even has offered to send N.U. militiamen to protect vulnerable churches, which the extremists claim are operating illegally.

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/religiontoday/1349813.html

It's a start. Moderate peaceful Muslims NEED to police their own. THEN others will not feel compelled to.

I think they just want to keep their hands into the Christain donation pot...
could be wrong but thats my take! :coffee3:

I think this is a very good sign. I think muslims are starting to see what the extremists have been doing to destroy Islam and how muslim people are becoming free throughout the world and realize that once the Christians are out of the picture those "muslim" extremists will turn on those who aren't muslim enough next. Which means they are the next target.

archangel said:
I think they just want to keep their hands into the Christain donation pot...
could be wrong but thats my take! :coffee3:

You're never going to get anywhere if you can't even appreciate when they try to take a step. A little positive optimism goes a long way.

Good post GOP Jeff

The ClayTaurus said:
You're never going to get anywhere if you can't even appreciate when they try to take a step. A little positive optimism goes a long way.

Good post GOP Jeff

Experience in the Intelligence field leads one to consider the motive rather than the weak response! :whip:

archangel said:
Experience in the Intelligence field leads one to consider the motive rather than the weak response! :whip:

So let's complain that there's no response, and then when there is a response, however small it may be, let's complain about it again!

I disagree with your criticism of their motives. If it helps them battle the terrorists within their organization and makes us safer, what's the problem?

The ClayTaurus said:
So let's complain that there's no response, and then when there is a response, however small it may be, let's complain about it again!

I disagree with your criticism of their motives. If it helps them battle the terrorists within their organization and makes us safer, what's the problem?

you know very little about Islams hold in Indonesia and their goals and support of radical Islam...I'm not complaining by any stretch of the imagination....
just exposing a view from a intelligence point of view! So carry on with the intellectual point of view...you have yours and I have mine...simple conclusion...No? :cool:

I'm confused, are you referring to intelligence as in foreign intelligence or as in "I'm more intelligent than you"?

I can't tell if you're trying to tell me you were an intelligence agent, or if you're trying to backhandedly insult me.

The ClayTaurus said:
I'm confused, are you referring to intelligence as in foreign intelligence or as in "I'm more intelligent than you"?

I can't tell if you're trying to tell me you were an intelligence agent, or if you're trying to backhandedly insult me.

and yes I was a intelligence officer! ;) :terror:

That's what I figured from the fact that you capitalized it.

Anyhow, it's definitely important to consider the motives behind all actions. You are probably very right on this issue of their motivation.

I think this is a very good sign. I think muslims are starting to see what the extremists have been doing to destroy Islam and how muslim people are becoming free throughout the world and realize that once the Christians are out of the picture those "muslim" extremists will turn on those who aren't muslim enough next. Which means they are the next target.

Very-well said.

Forum List

Back