Pope bans homosexuals from ordination as priests

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Good job Pope!

Pope Benedict XVI has given his approval to a new Vatican policy document that bans men with homosexual tendencies from being ordained as priests, reports Catholic World News.

The policy statement is a direct result of the pope's concern about the pedophilia scandal in the church – especially in the U.S.

The new document, prepared by the Congregation for Catholic Education in response to a request made by the late Pope John Paul II in 1994, will be published soon. It will take the form of an "Instruction," signed by the prefect and secretary of the congregation: Cardinal Zenon Grocholewski and Archbishop Michael Miller, according to the report.

The report was first referenced on Joseph Farah's nationally syndicated radio program last week by Raymond Arroyo, author of the new book "Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve and a Network of Miracles." Arroyo has covered the papacy more than any other journalist

The text, approved by Benedict at the end of August, says that homosexual men should not be admitted to seminaries even if they are celibate, because their condition suggests a serious personality disorder that detracts from their ability to serve as ministers, says the CWN report.

Priests who have already been ordained, if they suffer from homosexual impulses, are strongly urged to renew their dedication to chastity and a manner of life appropriate to the priesthood.

Read the Rest:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46409

:clap::clap:

-Cp said:
Good job Pope!

Pope Benedict XVI has given his approval to a new Vatican policy document that bans men with homosexual tendencies from being ordained as priests, reports Catholic World News.

The policy statement is a direct result of the pope's concern about the pedophilia scandal in the church – especially in the U.S.

The new document, prepared by the Congregation for Catholic Education in response to a request made by the late Pope John Paul II in 1994, will be published soon. It will take the form of an "Instruction," signed by the prefect and secretary of the congregation: Cardinal Zenon Grocholewski and Archbishop Michael Miller, according to the report.

The report was first referenced on Joseph Farah's nationally syndicated radio program last week by Raymond Arroyo, author of the new book "Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve and a Network of Miracles." Arroyo has covered the papacy more than any other journalist

The text, approved by Benedict at the end of August, says that homosexual men should not be admitted to seminaries even if they are celibate, because their condition suggests a serious personality disorder that detracts from their ability to serve as ministers, says the CWN report.

Priests who have already been ordained, if they suffer from homosexual impulses, are strongly urged to renew their dedication to chastity and a manner of life appropriate to the priesthood.

Read the Rest:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46409

:clap::clap:

See? His being a Nazi collaborator came in handy. :laugh:

Bonnie said:
Well Im happy about that, but you know the criticsim is sure to follow. Get ready!!! LOL

Just to clarify, I'm not criticizing. I'm poking fun at whoever dug up some dirt on the Pope claiming he had something to do with the Nazis. I leave the Catholic Church for the Catholics to police.

GunnyL said:
Just to clarify, I'm not criticizing. I'm poking fun at whoever dug up some dirt on the Pope claiming he had something to do with the Nazis. I leave the Catholic Church for the Catholics to police.

I know :poke: lol

GunnyL said:

He was a member of the Hitler Youth. Which in that time and place was probably like being in the Boy Scouts.

STEELERS_FAN said:
That is quite a comparison, do you have something against the Boy Scouts? :bat:

I just mean it would have been a common activity for a German boy in those days. I don't think it's significant that the Pope was a member of the Hitler Youth. No comparison between the Boy Scouts and Nazis. But you knew that right?

Nuc said:
I just mean it would have been a common activity for a German boy in those days. I don't think it's significant that the Pope was a member of the Hitler Youth. No comparison between the Boy Scouts and Nazis. But you knew that right?

Yep no comparison, sorry to hijack the thread (sounds like we need a boy scouts equals nazi thread?)

It is about time to see this Pope make at least some stand on this issue :clap:

STEELERS_FAN said:
Yep no comparison, sorry to hijack the thread (sounds like we need a boy scouts equals nazi thread?)

It is about time to see this Pope make at least some stand on this issue :clap:
Why? I mean in context of his life since then, you see something?

Kathianne said:
Why? I mean in context of his life since then, you see something?

Not necessarily in the context of his life, but the position or should I say an official stance of the church. His predecessor was unable or apparently seemed unwilling to make a call. :gs:

STEELERS_FAN said:
Not necessarily in the context of his life, but the position or should I say an official stance of the church. His predecessor was unable or apparently seemed unwilling to make a call. :gs:

Ok, fair enough. How about your feelings in general, about Catholics?

Kathianne said:
Ok, fair enough. How about your feelings in general, about Catholics?

In general? The whole thing is kind of hypocritical, I used to be one, hated the idea of confessing my sins to another man. I figured that I would never get my life straight when I could have drunken debauchery part of the week, forgiveness and then get to do the whole thing again.

What the hell was I thinking, I want back in :smoke:

STEELERS_FAN said:
That is quite a comparison, do you have something against the Boy Scouts? :bat:

Hitler Youth membership was made compulsory, and a 12 year-old wasn't in much of a position to Take A Brave Stand Against the Machine.

STEELERS_FAN said:
In general? The whole thing is kind of hypocritical, I used to be one, hated the idea of confessing my sins to another man. I figured that I would never get my life straight when I could have drunken debauchery part of the week, forgiveness and then get to do the whole thing again.

What the hell was I thinking, I want back in :smoke:
You're first instincts were right, you couldn't and didn't get forgiven. Not under those kind of parameters. You sound like the mafia, which isn't on the quick list either.

Kathianne said:
You're first instincts were right, you couldn't and didn't get forgiven. Not under those kind of parameters. You sound like the mafia, which isn't on the quick list either.

Hmmm, never been told that I sound like the mafie before. I do not know whether to take that as a compliment or tell the Godfather? :laugh: :clap1:

Seriously, I think I made myself clear with a lil bit of humor, and have no plans to return. However, I do have family members that are still very active in the church and I respect their faith.

STEELERS_FAN said:
Hmmm, never been told that I sound like the mafie before, I do not know whether to take that as a compliment or tell the Godfather? :laugh: :clap1:

Seriously, I think I made myself clear with a lil bit of humor, and have no plans to return. However, I do have family members that are still very active in the church and I respect their faith.

You must have not been told or listened to: "seriously repent the sin, and resolve to do no more..." as basis for forgiveness. Seriously misleading here...Don't worry though, it's part and parcel of Catholic bashing, so you can be part of that club. :thup:

Kathianne said:
You must have not been told or listened to: "seriously repent the sin, and resolve to do no more..." as basis for forgiveness.

When I was catholic, I was a teen-ager, those words meant nothing to me, no matter how many CCD classes my mother sent me too, wow that was a long time ago. BTW thanks for adding me to the club, I need more bashings in my life. :gs:

STEELERS_FAN said:
When I was catholic, I was a teen-ager, those words meant nothing to me, no matter how many CCD classes my mother sent me too, wow that was a long time ago. BTW thanks for adding me to the club, I need more bashings in my life. :gs:

Come now, you DO NOT consider yourself Catholic? You are one of the bashers. :thup:

Forum List

Back