Polls are tightening...

It all depends on the accuracy of the polling data.

I agree, Sen. McCain's chances are slight, but I have believed that since 2006.

President Bush won after eight years under President Clinton, even though he had a 60+ percent approval rating.

That the race is this close and the Republican candidate has a chance of winning is as much as any Republican could reasonably hope for.

Gore was no Clinton. If you had a decent Republican candidate, he might be running closer to Obama. McCain has pulled off an epic fail here. The situation wasn't easy for him to begin with, but he has really, really screwed up.

Gore was no Clinton. If you had a decent Republican candidate, he might be running closer to Obama. McCain has pulled off an epic fail here. The situation wasn't easy for him to begin with, but he has really, really screwed up.

I agree, the campaign has been a loser.

President Bush won after eight years under President Clinton, even though he had a 60+ percent approval rating.

That the race is this close and the Republican candidate has a chance of winning is as much as any Republican could reasonably hope for.

The republicans will say its close so their voters show up. e media says its close because that sells advertising.

I'm sure the michigan media was sad when mccain left. I was hearing it was close and that didn't jive with what I was hearing. All of the sudden mccain pulled out. I knew it.

The gop can't steal this one. All those young new voters made obama. Do you think they won't show up after all this? And they'll have their id's.

And Arizona...and weirdly enough, West Virginia...

Chuck Todd said that the African American turnout for this vote has been historic and that Missippi and South Carolina could be in play. No polls out there have even calculated the 95% African American turnout. That's discounting the young voters who are also overwhelmingly Obama.

So we have the African American vote AND the young vote and then we have the normal aged 25-64 people who over half of them are for Obama.

If the current trends hold, I don't think there is going to be a state in this country that is safe. This map could end up looking very much like 1964.

United States presidential election, 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That map seems highly unlikely to me but I see what you are getting at.

It's abundantly clear that the electorate has swung heavily towards Senator Obama. Even in the Bush states McCain seems likely to carry Obama has slashed the spread.

The republicans will say its close so their voters show up. e media says its close because that sells advertising.

I'm sure the michigan media was sad when mccain left. I was hearing it was close and that didn't jive with what I was hearing. All of the sudden mccain pulled out. I knew it.

The gop can't steal this one. All those young new voters made obama. Do you think they won't show up after all this? And they'll have their id's.
I wouldn't count on them...

Then don't.

On November 5th the country will find out, won't they?

Until then, it's just speculation on every message board and internet chat room in the USA.

Gives everybody something to do until Nov. 4th now, doesn't it?

The situation wasn't easy for him to begin with, but he has really, really screwed up.

I have to agree, Sen. McCain needed to bring his A game and he didn't. I was/am disappointed to see him run such a negative campaign.

If you had a decent Republican candidate, he might be running closer to Obama.

Although I disagree with many of Sen McCain's position, of the choices the Republican's fielded in the primary, John McCain had the best shot of appealing to the left. Romney, Huckabee, or Thompson would have truly been an epic fail. Guliani appealed to the left somewhat, but he was a one-hit-wonder, "Noun, Verb, 9/11".

In 2012, if Congressman Ron Paul runs again, and the Republican's trot out the same-ol-same-old, he'll have my vote.

The only reason Bush won was because of 9/11 and the Iraq War. Bush scared the hell out of people with his rhetoric about not electing a new president during wartime.

Bush was never very popular in this country and he hasn't marketed the Iraq war in such a way where he gets the benefactor of being commander in chief when winning the iraqi war. The Iraq Study Group recommended a surge, David Petreus recommended a surge, but Bush never went out and claimed victory. Bush is not a politician at all, nothing like Clinton is. You can't really stick a label on Bush and say "this is Dubyah." When the next president is innagurated, you won't hear much of Bush anymore.

I know you're being sarcastic, but in case you're not, please don't stay home. No matter who you're voting for, VOTE. I want to see massive, unheard of, record turnout this year. There are 120 million reg'd voters in this country. I want to see 80-90% turnout.

Never fear good brother, I was being sarcastic and will vote.

I think Paperboy had a story about the 18-24 voters numbers looked the same as 2000 and 2004. I couldn't find it with a quick search but I'll keep looking.

Go to Gallup. It's on first time voters.

Also while there you can see that early voting is even between Democrats and Republicans.

They didn't donate all that money for nothing. And kerry didn't excite them like obama does. Plus, there is a real fear the draft might come back. Not to mention this economy is worse than in 04.

They're coming, and they don't care if he's muslim, which he is not.

We're sick of being lied to.

Forum List

Back