Poll: Would you prefered to have been aborted?

Would you have prefered to have been aborted?

• Total voters
Fantasy----discussing abortion is fantasy---?
trust me --this is real---just as real as a fetus being alive.
Anything that cannot be enforced is a fantasy. And as much as you would dearly love to kill little Suzy society would never stand for it. You can posture all you like but you will never be able to universally enforce a punishment for abortion which makes your efforts pure fantasy and nothing more...

Anything that cannot be enforced is a fantasy. And as much as you would dearly love to kill little Suzy society would never stand for it. You can posture all you like but you will never be able to universally enforce a punishment for abortion which makes your efforts pure fantasy and nothing more...

Have I even suggested a punishment for abortion? I would think that knowing you killed a child would be punishment enough. I mean really--some have even suggested they were doing it a favor by not bringing it in to an evil world. That's fantasy. Why not give it up for adoption and let IT decide since we are so big into these self preserving choices ?

Have I even suggested a punishment for abortion? I would think that knowing you killed a child would be punishment enough. I mean really--some have even suggested they were doing it a favor by not bringing it in to an evil world. That's fantasy. Why not give it up for adoption and let IT decide since we are so big into these self preserving choices ?

So give it up for adoption! You are still ignoring the fact that what you want to do cannot be constitutionally done nor condoned by society as a whole. Our constitution was designed around individual freedom to pursue quality of life for which, without control of our bodies, there can be none. I may well have a right to life but that in no way means that I have a right to your body to sustain it. In a free society that can only be done through a choice made of your own free will not mine. It may well mean that I die from kidney failure but better to die where freedom to pursue quality of life is possible then to live where quality of life is ignored...

And I got to go. My wife wants to practice making a baby. Have a good one. I certainly am...

Social conservatives forget that fact that quality of life is of equal or greater importance then life itself. You will fight to have a child born then condemn and ridicule them once they land on a welfare role and when they die from neglect as our infant mortality suggests you don't even notice. If you are truly concerned with life then it would greatly help your cause if you weren't so half assed about it...

Quality of life? Go IYHO, everyone who lives in a third world country should have an abortion? Quality of life is relative.

So give it up for adoption! You are still ignoring the fact that what you want to do cannot be constitutionally done nor condoned by society as a whole. Our constitution was designed around individual freedom to pursue quality of life for which, without control of our bodies, there can be none. I may well have a right to life but that in no way means that I have a right to your body to sustain it. In a free society that can only be done through a choice made of your own free will not mine. It may well mean that I die from kidney failure but better to die where freedom to pursue quality of life is possible then to live where quality of life is ignored...

And I got to go. My wife wants to practice making a baby. Have a good one. I certainly am...

The argument is that a fetus has a body too. Does it not have a shot at a quality life too? Adopt the child out ---give it the same choice you demand.

Well if it's practice only be sure to wear your raincoat ! Enjoy !

Yes but an embryo doesn't have arms, legs, a heartbeat, and brain activity, which a baby does at the time of an abortion.

Link
You are correct about the definition of embryo. But it doesn't make a difference.

What exactly motivates you to spend so much time on the question of what one person does with her body? How does this affect your life?

Ask the people who want explicit sex education taught in schools.

what constitutes explicit sex education?

I want sex talked about in a logical, rational and real manner. ie: this is what can happen to you if you choose to have unprotected sex. I don't want debbie does dallas shown.

I think the guys and the girls should be separated and taught how to properly protect themselves against diseases and pregnancy. I'm not sure why anyone would object to that, especially not someone who seemingly hates the idea of abortion. Reducing unwanted pregnancy IS the first step into reducing abortions, is it not?

what constitutes explicit sex education?

I want sex talked about in a logical, rational and real manner. ie: this is what can happen to you if you choose to have unprotected sex. I don't want debbie does dallas shown.

I think the guys and the girls should be separated and taught how to properly protect themselves against diseases and pregnancy. I'm not sure why anyone would object to that, especially not someone who seemingly hates the idea of abortion. Reducing unwanted pregnancy IS the first step into reducing abortions, is it not?

We had this discussion on another thread, the mythological explicit sex education. Turned out to posters like dillo, explicit sex ed is admitting to students that babies don't arrive by stork.

We had this discussion on another thread, the mythological explicit sex education. Turned out to posters like dillo, explicit sex ed is admitting to students that babies don't arrive by stork.

:lol: thought you could sneak that one by me huh ?

The question wasn't pertaining to a phantom person dillo, the question was would YOU rather have been aborted. That is a gray question because it's not a simple question to answer.

I've lived enough pain in my short lifetime to kill 10 people from misery I'm sure but I'm here because my mother didn't believe in abortion. I was a mistake, she was on the pill when she got pregnant with me and I was the last of her 5 children. We were never close because she said I came out stubborn and knowing right from wrong and how I saw the world which was vastly different than anyone else in my family to be sure.

Would I have been better off not being born? I'd have to say probably yes. Would I have missed this life I've lived? the pain? no I wouldn't. The happiness? yes perhaps but there are times when the pain overshadows the happiness and all that you're left with is an ache so deep and so profound that you just don't think you can take one more breath and honestly, you don't want to.

Did I make my mother proud by turning out the way I did in spite of my circumstances? she said of all her kids I was the one she knew she didn't have to worry about after she died.

Miss, thank you for saying I contribute and the world would be diminished without me. That was very kind of you and yes I have overcome all the obstacles placed before me but I didn't reveal these things about myself to garner sympathy or make anyone feel a certain way. I meant them to illustrate that for SOME women the choice of abortion is a better alternative than bringing a child into a world full of pain and suffering. I wish my mother had been so kind to me (sometimes) *see gray area :eusa_angel: *

Powerful post! I admire your honesty and lack of self pity

It would appear you still have the brain of an embroyo. Of all the anti choice arguments in this thread, yours are the most infantile.

Thank you---I'll try to make them even simpler so that maybe you can respond to them. Sorry I can't spend more time with ya right now. I gotta golf course calling my name. Have a great one !

Yes but an embryo doesn't have arms, legs, a heartbeat, and brain activity, which a baby does at the time of an abortion.

Link

Still confusing embryos and babies? Until a fetus has opened it's mouth and breathed air into it's lungs it's still a fetus no matter what it resembles.

Forum List

Back