POLL: The "caravan" and the elections

Which party is helped the most by the "caravan" story?

• Total voters
The Dems are hoping for conflict between the US law enforcement and the caravan. The media wants to show video of people in the caravan being abused by US authorities.
I think that's exactly what's happening. What I wonder is how voters will react - not in public, but while in the ballot box.
I think we both know the answer to that question. Hint: look back on 2016.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of.

I voted GOP but I can see political advantages for both sides. Both sides have held majorities in the last decade and neither fixed this broken mess.
Good point. Looking for a silver lining here, maybe we'll get to a point where the politicians can no longer keep kicking the can down the road.

There is no silver lining.....and they'll keep kicking. They are worthless.
Before the caravan, Democrats were favored to win the house majority. After the caravan, Democrats will win the house majority.
Democrats have been favored since the day Trump won. That is the history of midterms in America.
The House was easily yours to win until you all pulled that shit with the SCOTUS nominee. That took a guaranteed win and closed the gap to near toss up status.
This Caravan hurts all incumbent politicians imo.

If it were up to me every single incumbent would be tossed out on their ass.

It helps tRump fire up his xenophobic followers.
Phyyyht!

Maryland has more than their fair share of them hanging out at 711 and Home Depot.

We have grown weary of their "owe me" attitude.
Like you.
Excuse me!

I don't have an owe me attitude, and 85% of Marylanders want something done about the immigration issue.

Our Representatives just ignore it and now want to use our tax dollars for legal representation.

Phyyyht!

Maryland has more than their fair share of them hanging out at 711 and Home Depot.

Like you.
Excuse me!

I don't have an owe me attitude, and 85% of Marylanders want something done about the immigration issue.

Our Representatives just ignore it and now want to use our tax dollars for legal representation.
My apologies, I meant you were a xenophobic tRumpkin.

Should have been more clear, my apologies again.

The timing of this caravan thing sure is interesting. Ain't it?

So which party has the political advantage on this issue, particularly regarding the upcoming elections, and why?

My guess is this helps the GOP. Many voters won't say it out loud, but they don't like this.
Trump arranged the whole thing; just like he'll get Mueller to completely exonerate him

Phyyyht!

Like you.
Excuse me!

Not even remotely close.

Phyyyht!

Like you.
Excuse me!

Not even remotely close.
Really? Looked pretty solid from here.

Will you sympathetic lifetime wing lunatics personally house and feed these mostly young male foreign invaders?

Would you let them break down your door and move into your home?

If not, you’re fucking racists.

The timing of this caravan thing sure is interesting. Ain't it?

So which party has the political advantage on this issue, particularly regarding the upcoming elections, and why?

My guess is this helps the GOP. Many voters won't say it out loud, but they don't like this.

Of course it does.

The Dems are hoping for conflict between the US law enforcement and the caravan. The media wants to show video of people in the caravan being abused by US authorities.
I think that's exactly what's happening. What I wonder is how voters will react - not in public, but while in the ballot box.

You think the Dems are hoping for conflict at the border?

President Trump is not xenophobic. It seems to me those who perpetrate the little white lies for the left are unaware that false witness is not a good thing and that the American public is getting wiser all the time to false leftwing accusations that miraculously evaporate shortly after election day and never result in a court case nor a conviction, since they are vapid little fibbies that hold not one drop of water but may jeopardize America if they come to fruition. The trouble with Robin Hoodism in America is that instead of giving to the poor, benefits are merely siphoned to make the Soros crowd richer than ever and it robs small businesses to extinction due to the cancellation tendency the left has on free enterprise. Some of the left's largest supporters would not be so large if they didn't have the Republican Party protecting their right to make money and keep it in their own pockets. Meanwhile, the base is taught to support the kinds of things Hitler stood for, which basically was to murder, pillage and plunder everyone except members of the Nazi Party. The price was dear. The Nazi army was decimated after all its paranoid delusions were stopped by free societies, and the Nazis never shared their good fortune with anyone when a little came their way. Instead, they murdered en masse gays, all those who were handicapped, Jews, and citizens of all countries that they conquered who hid jews in their attics, basements, or wherever the Nazi army decided to what is in free countries illegal searches and seizures. Like the current American press, they wanted to know everything about everyone for full control of human thought and conscience. And Hitler was willing to watch each and every one of his soldiers die rather than stop his insane SS from murdering people without any trials whatever. I wish our press would stop its proctologist style of searching on its enemies, which are the same enemies that Hitler had--good people who dared to defy him. The leftist press in America marginalizes Republicans who defy them, and they cheerfully describe leftists caught red-handed in their lies as "unconscionable" and let it go. The press is slow to let go of eating Republicans smallest trait as bad and our best traits as good reasons to pull out the 4-letter words and spew even more egregious calumnies than ever was thought up before.

I repeat: President Trump is not only genial to all who are sincere in making America a good and prosperous country, he believes in promoting men and women based on performance under duress. That's about as far from xenophobic as one can get in the real world where the rubber hits the road.

Last edited:

With all those illegal votes the Democrats are counting on to win elections? Ummm, yeah.

President Trump is not xenophobic. It seems to me those who perpetrate the little white lies for the left are unaware that false witness is not a good thing and that the American public is getting wiser all the time to false leftwing accusations that miraculously evaporate shortly after election day and never result in a court case nor a conviction, since they are vapid little fibbies that hold not one drop of water but may jeopardize America if they come to fruition. The trouble with Robin Hoodism in America is that instead of giving to the poor, benefits are merely siphoned to make the Soros crowd richer than ever and it robs small businesses to extinction due to the cancellation tendency the left has on free enterprise. Some of the left's largest supporters would not be so large if they didn't have the Republican Party protecting their right to make money and keep it in their own pockets. Meanwhile, the base is taught to support the kinds of things Hitler stood for, which basically was to murder, pillage and plunder everyone except members of the Nazi Party. The price was dear. The Nazi army was decimated after all its paranoid delusions were stopped by free societies, and the Nazis never shared their good fortune with anyone when a little came their way. Instead, they murdered en masse gays, all those who were handicapped, Jews, and citizens of all countries that they conquered who hid jews in their attics, basements, or wherever the Nazi army decided to what is in free countries illegal searches and seizures. Like the current American press, they wanted to know everything about everyone for full control of human thought and conscience. And Hitler was willing to watch each and every one of his soldiers die rather than stop his insane SS from murdering people without any trials whatever. I wish our press would stop its proctologist style of searching on its enemies, which are the same enemies that Hitler had--good people who dared to defy him. The leftist press in America marginalizes Republicans who defy them, and they cheerfully describe leftists caught red-handed in their lies as "unconscionable" and let it go. The press is slow to let go of eating Republicans smallest trait as bad and our best traits as good reasons to pull out the 4-letter words and spew even more egregious calumnies than ever was thought up before.

I repeat: President Trump is not only genial to all who are sincere in making America a good and prosperous country, he believes in promoting men and women based on performance under duress. That's about as far from xenophobic as one can get in the real world where the rubber hits the road.
Lol, he may or may not be xenophobic, I think he is but that's beside the point. I actually said his followers are.

With all those illegal votes the Democrats are counting on to win elections? Ummm, yeah.

They won't even make it here by election day. I think it was said this morning they have only walked 50 miles, showed pictures of some not even wearing shoes, women and kids are getting sick and they are scrambling for food and some Mexican's are feeding them. Some have been floored by heat exhaustion.

My take as a left leaning independent is these people need to be turned around by the Mexican's. I have nothing against a reasonable amount every so often seeking asylum maybe 100 every few months, but not a caravan as big as this one especially since many are getting sick on the way. Someone above had a great idea let some in and make them build the wall and then grant them citizenship, but only enough to build the wall.

Seems to me if there are that many and still some waiting for the next caravan they have enough to overthrow their governments and just maybe make life a little easier for themselves down there.

This is not interesting at all. Its the same bullshit identity politics the democrats along with the rest of globalists foist on decent people. This is how they have manipulated hearts and minds. Now, we have to deal with the ocean of virtue signaling left wing hypocritical losers who would not lift one finger for the poor and will continue to attack those that ACTUALLY help the poor.

The left are nothing but muppets for their globalist leaders and almost all of them laugh about it.

Anyone arguing how meeeaaan republicans are and how racist Trump is, are nothing but pod people.

This is not even worthy of a discussion or a poll.

Forum List

Back