POLL: Romney's VP

That list is dumb and made up by someone that has zero to do with Mitt and the people that will decide who Mitt will pick.

Mitt needs someone with a record but is an unknown that also won't end up being polarizing like Palin was.

It would be very interesting if Mitt picked someone that is not even a politician but has an economic background in business that people like.

If you honestly think Romney is making this choice on his own, then you don't understand your candidate.

Perhaps the problem here is that you are weak on reading comprehension.

I did not say Romney would make this choice "on his own." That's why he has Beth Meyers working on the VP project. She knows what he wants, needs, etc. She and the "handlers" can create a list and run them thru hoops.

I repeat what I wrote: They can evaluate and express their opinion

But Romney will be making the final decision and he really doesn't give a flying ferk what your opinion of Ryan or the others may be, now does he?? :)

I didn't word that properly. Let me re-phrase.

If you think Romney will have any say in this decision, then you don't know your candidate.

Exactly! Ryan has that same "people" talent with Joe average but his political talents are necessary elsewhere.

Jindal is a walking talking human calculator that probably appeals to Mitt but am not sure how well he would appeal to the public in general.

Romney's "handlers" aren't going to be making any choices. They can evaluate and express their opinion but it's Romney who's giving them their final once over.

If you honestly think Romney is making this choice on his own, then you don't understand your candidate.

Ryan is a dishonest hack and only appeals to rabid right wingers. Going with him would ensure an Obama victory. But hey, like I said, we'll see what the handlers pick.

And who exactly do you think is making Romney's pick if not Romney?

An excellent question. Has Romney released a donor list?

I don't have a clue how to set up a poll but the word is out that these are Romney's final 4.

And your choice is who and why?

1] Rob Portman - OH
2] Tim Pawlenty - MN
3] Paul Ryan - WI
4 - Bobby Jindal - LA

I choose T-Paw. Very competent. Blue collar background that can soften Romney's "elitist" image and attract the middle class.

Rob - don't know enough about him.

Ryan - need him as Treasury Sec

Surprised he picked Bobby but I agree he's very competent, average Joe and from the South.

Next?
1) Portman: Not enough information.

2) Pawlenty: Said he's not interested. And as a double-dealing RINO squish himself, Vinnie Vitalis already has that vote sewn up.

3) Ryan: Probably would get the TP -ers and maybe sway a good chunk of the Ron Paul types.

4) Jindal: Meh.

Here's a good op-ed on the matter

Romney

2] Tim Pawlenty - MN Milk toast moderate just like Mitt.

I'm an Indie, very moderate. I have serious problems with the super left and right because both are just too extreme. And I don't believe, bottom line, that the majority of this country belongs to either of these minorities. I can deal with moderate. I can deal with milquetoast. I can deal with bland and ordinary. As long as you make sense and don't come across as some version of Elmer Gantry.
Pawlenty is a turd.

He swore up and down that he wouldn't raise taxes, then raised taxes in cigs by 75¢ and called it a "fee".

With the current "it's not a tax it's a penalty" garbage going on right now, he's the LAST goofball you'd want around trying to dig his way out of that one.

I did not say Romney would make this choice "on his own." That's why he has Beth Meyers working on the VP project. She knows what he wants, needs, etc. She and the "handlers" can create a list and run them thru hoops.

But Romney will be making the final decision and he really doesn't give a flying ferk what your opinion of Ryan or the others may be, now does he?? :)

If you think Romney will have any say in this decision, then you don't know your candidate.

I agree. For instance, Obama "picked" Biden... Lol, no way a guy that went to a white hating racist church for 20 years would pick Biden. Chances are more likely Obama’s handlers thought 2 black people on a ticket was too much for the Democratic party to take in at once, they just needed a token black guy, Obama. Just like the Dems didn’t stick Hilary on the ticket with Obama, it’s a woman AND a black guy, the party (voters) wouldn’t know what to do.

So, good point Reallyfuckinstupid.

Last edited:
166073_10150934519118963_1406138573_n.jpg

There isn't a single politician

that would ever be blemish free as long as a single critic is left standing. Every action by any politician can be twisted to sound as pos or neg as you want it to be.

You picked Ryan. Don't you know that every liberal accuses him of kissing Ayn Rand's ass? If anyone's a target for lots of nitpicking criticism, it's Ryan.

There ain't no perfect candidate. And you're a smoker and pissed :)

There isn't a single politician

that would ever be blemish free as long as a single critic is left standing. Every action by any politician can be twisted to sound as pos or neg as you want it to be.

You picked Ryan. Don't you know that every liberal accuses him of kissing Ayn Rand's ass? If anyone's a target for lots of nitpicking criticism, it's Ryan.

There ain't no perfect candidate. And you're a smoker and pissed :)
Couldn't care less what "every lolberal" accuses whom of what....You could be clean as the wind-driven snow an they'd be painting a Hitler mustache on you.

I don't smoke...But I hate fascism and bold-faced liars worse than tobacco.

I don't have a clue how to set up a poll but the word is out that these are Romney's final 4.

1] Rob Portman - OH
2] Tim Pawlenty - MN
3] Paul Ryan - WI
4 - Bobby Jindal - LA

I choose T-Paw. Very competent. Blue collar background that can soften Romney's "elitist" image and attract the middle class.

Surprised he picked Bobby but I agree he's very competent, average Joe and from the South.

Next?

Pawlenty if I have to choose from the standard suits. But I personally prefer Christie or Paul; men with fire in their bellies. And I wouldn't mind seeing Rice to watch liberals shit their pants and turn into the hypocritical misogynist racial assholes that they really are.

I think it's you that doesnt know our candidate. But we can forgive you.

LOL you don't have a clue on a lot things, if you leave Rubio and Martinez off the list. I would also say Rice should be on the list also.

Personally I want Rice, since she is not in poltics at the moment, but is extremely intelligent, can articulate herself well and is a very experience black woman. She would be numero uno.

I love Rubio and I put him second, but he is so important in the senate, I would hate to see him in the not so important VP role. Same for Martinez, but as NM governor!

1] Rob Portman - OH
2] Tim Pawlenty - MN
3] Paul Ryan - WI
4 - Bobby Jindal - LA

Next?

Dr. Rice would overshadow Governor Romney in such a way that he would not benefit from the experience she could bring as a foreign policy heavyweight.

On the political side, there isn't a lot of upside when you look at the numbers. The hard right would be solidified but if they are going to vote, they will vote for Governor Romney anyway. She won't deliver California (her home state). Dr. Rice would deliver percentage points of the black and women's vote.

In Presidential politics, percentage points do not especially help. If one gets 33,000,000 votes instead of 32,000,000 votes, the one million extra only help if they are concentrated in swing states; getting 1M more votes in states you'd be winning anyway doesn't help you any.

Still as an American, Rice would be a superior VP. The politics do not add up.

No one has "the list". Romney has kept that info completely off limits thus far, so I don't know where the OP thinks he heard all this.

All he has commented upon is whether or not people are being vetted, which means nothing.

He needs moderates and sane people and Pawlenty could help him get that.

Exactly! Ryan has that same "people" talent with Joe average but his political talents are necessary elsewhere.

Jindal is a walking talking human calculator that probably appeals to Mitt but am not sure how well he would appeal to the public in general.

Romney's "handlers" aren't going to be making any choices. They can evaluate and express their opinion but it's Romney who's giving them their final once over.
Except that Romney doesn't need the establishment squish vote...That constituency is already all his.

Aside from providing assassination insurance, you generally pic a VP who brings to the table something that you don't already have.
Like Latinos, black people, and swing state independents?

That should be easy.

/sarcasm

I would just be very happy.........

if it's anyone but Rubio. I disagree 110% with the so-called "experts" that he would be an asset to the ticket, that he's the ONLY choice, that he would bring energy, that he would "win" FL for Romney, yada yada yada.

He is too young, he has limited experience in politics and no particular background in any arena that might be helpful in solving our current problems. I hear he gives a good speech. I would think most people would be less than impressed with nothing but cheap talk and a flashy smile.

I'll take serious, drab, bland, boring, professional, successful and accomplished ANY DAY!

Why are people so DAMNED impressed with all flash and no substance?

Forum List

Back