POLL: Romney Best Able To End Political Gridlock...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by paulitician, Nov 1, 2012.

1. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    Who can fix political gridlock? Poll favors Romney.

Just about everybody agrees Washington is a gridlocked mess. But who's the man to fix it? After two years of brawling and brinkmanship between President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans, more voters trust Mitt Romney to break the stalemate.

Romney's message — a vote for Obama is a vote for more gridlock — seems to be getting through. An Associated Press-GfK poll shows that almost half of likely voters — some 47 percent — think the Republican challenger would be better at ending the logjam Thirty-seven percent say Obama would.

Romney is pushing that advantage. He increasingly portrays himself as a work-with-everybody pragmatist. Obama counters by predicting that Republican lawmakers who now are focused on opposing his re-election will become more cooperative once he wins a second term.

Who can fix political gridlock? Poll favors Romney - Yahoo! News
    http://www.drudgereport.com/

2. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    I was just listening to Obama at his campaign stop touting how all Americans come together and there is no red or blue states.. I nearly choked on my water.. The absolute audacity of this serial liar is amazing!

Mitt Romney can and will lead.. He will bring both sides together and compromise. He certainly wont scream out, "I WON," stating he didn't have to compromise.. WHAT A FUCKING LOSER!

Obama to GOP: ‘I Won’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

3. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,770
    Why don't you just say that the republicans will end their blanket obstructionism for a republican president? It has been their point from the beginning but you have to ask yourself what they will vote for? Nothing good that's for sure.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Translation:

The GOP will cease the four year tantrum they have been throwing if you just let them out of time out.

5. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    What sort of fucking moron would identify Obama as being able to resolve gridlock?

ROTF

6. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    What's funny is they are unknowingly admitting that Democrats are more willing to work with the other party when they don't have the White House.

7. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,912
    Given continuing GOP control of the House and the number of legislative bridges the President has burned, I think Romney will do (and has done) a better job of achieving compromise solutions with the opposition party.

8. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    Project much?

The only 'blanket obstructionism' in America is in the Senate, where Harry Reid simply refuses to do his Constitutional duty and pass a budget because is so doing he would have to compromise with the people's elected House of Representatives.

9. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,976
    Congress will still be very close. Romney will have to work with Democrats on some level. Unless he goes the Executive Order route, like the Dear Leader has. But i doubt Republicans will lock Democrats out of meetings like Democrats do when their in control. And hopefully, they'll allow members of Congress the time to actually read Legislation before voting on it. In the end, they can't do any worse than the Democrats have done in Congress. They've presided over the worst rated Congress in U.S. History. Things can only get better.

10. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,666
    Ok, they will. And I had no problem with them stymieing Obama, given his agenda and all.

Good Lord, look at the pile of shit he laid on us the first two years.