POLL: Let's settle this, once and for all.

Does challenging Donald Trump make you a RINO?

• Yes

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Mango

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
As I understand it, any Republican who challenges Donald Trump is a RINO.

But I'm not sure, since my scorecard is now so messed up I can't figure it out.

So, let's settle this: Does challenging Donald Trump make you a RINO?
Re: As YOU understand it, challenging Trump makes one a RINO

In other words, you don't understand it
Correct, I don't understand it.

Is Trump a RINO? Is Kasich a RINO?

Why and/or why not?
Can't really label Trump. He's just your average everyday American (albeit very very wealthy) running for POTUS. I'd consider him a man without a party. One thing is for certain, he now represents the new face of the Republican party.

Half his party doesn't like him. He's not the new face of the Republican parry. He's an insurgent that will be cast out when he loses on the 8th.
Which would be a REALLY DUMB thing to do. If he is kicked from the party or whatever they want to do ALL these white working class voters he has gotten to the polls will go with him. He has MORE than enough people to start a new party to challenge the anti worker anti family policies of the establishment parties.The GOP can either evolve or die. Either is fine with me.

Not just a RINO. But a Cuckservative,Anti American.
While we're on that, what does "Cuckservative" mean?

A cuckservative is a self-styled "conservative" who will cravenly sell out and undermine his home country's people, culture, and national interest in order to win approval with parties hostile or indifferent to them.

10 Signs You Might Be A Cuckservative
'Cuckservative' Is a Gloriously Effective Insult

Not just a RINO. But a Cuckservative,Anti American.
While we're on that, what does "Cuckservative" mean?

Those conservatives who have been cuckolded by Trump.

The Republicans have been engaged in a civil war since 2009. The Tea party types started purging the ideologically impure from the Republican ranks by 'primarying' them out. Any incumbent with an (R) behind their name who did not fall into ridged lockstep with the rock ribbed Conservative Tea Party got a viable and excitable challenger in the primary and by November 2010, they were off the ballot and playing celebrity golf.

But the Tea Party types were not organized enough to sustain an effective takeover after the purge. They had candidates all lined up for the Presidency in 2016. Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Li'l Ricky Santorum. But the Tea Party types let an interloper suck all the oxygen from the room. Donald Trump. Newcomer to the GOP, lacking in true Conservative bona fides. A man who should have run as a prank, not a Republican.

And now those ideologically pure, rock ribbed Tea Partiers are out in the cold, victims of their own political ineptitude and narrow ideological template by which they measured each and every other candidate.

The Republican Party is left smoldering in the ditch, the Tea Party types are picking the thorns from between their toes and wondering how it all went so terribly wrong. The havoc Trump has caused this party will be three or four election cycles from some semblance of healing.

Trump has set his coat tails ablaze with down ballot candidates doing a curious high wire dance. Should they push up next to Trump and suffer the slings and arrows he regularly shoots into his own feet, or should they distance themselves from him and run the risk of the wrath of his rabid supporters? And can his rabid supporters gain real power in the aftermath of the Republican civil war? The Tea Party types thought they would be pulling the strings too.

The real problem is: Trump's whole campaign is a cult of personality. Unless there is another megalomaniac in the Republican ranks willing to pick up the mantle of Angry Loose Cannon White Guy, after Trump there will be no one around to worship and equivocate for.
It's obvious the Republican party is just part of progressive party and they could not purge the career politicians, trump Came in and did it for them, at least a start.
So you're wrong

The Republicans have been engaged in a civil war since 2009. The Tea party types started purging the ideologically impure from the Republican ranks by 'primarying' them out. Any incumbent with an (R) behind their name who did not fall into ridged lockstep with the rock ribbed Conservative Tea Party got a viable and excitable challenger in the primary and by November 2010, they were off the ballot and playing celebrity golf.

But the Tea Party types were not organized enough to sustain an effective takeover after the purge. They had candidates all lined up for the Presidency in 2016. Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Li'l Ricky Santorum. But the Tea Party types let an interloper suck all the oxygen from the room. Donald Trump. Newcomer to the GOP, lacking in true Conservative bona fides. A man who should have run as a prank, not a Republican.

And now those ideologically pure, rock ribbed Tea Partiers are out in the cold, victims of their own political ineptitude and narrow ideological template by which they measured each and every other candidate.

The Republican Party is left smoldering in the ditch, the Tea Party types are picking the thorns from between their toes and wondering how it all went so terribly wrong. The havoc Trump has caused this party will be three or four election cycles from some semblance of healing.

Trump has set his coat tails ablaze with down ballot candidates doing a curious high wire dance. Should they push up next to Trump and suffer the slings and arrows he regularly shoots into his own feet, or should they distance themselves from him and run the risk of the wrath of his rabid supporters? And can his rabid supporters gain real power in the aftermath of the Republican civil war? The Tea Party types thought they would be pulling the strings too.

The real problem is: Trump's whole campaign is a cult of personality. Unless there is another megalomaniac in the Republican ranks willing to pick up the mantle of Angry Loose Cannon White Guy, after Trump there will be no one around to worship and equivocate for.
It's obvious the Republican party is just part of progressive party and they could not purge the career politicians, trump Came in and did it for them, at least a start.
So you're wrong

It's nothing more than trading in a bunch of crooks for a thief.

one by one then, do you disagree with enforcing our borders? its a yes or no question
Yes, I sure do. Let's bring home a big ol' ton of military from around the world and have them patrol our border and sleep in their own country every night. No wall needed.

Next?

do you want to pay more or less in federal taxes?

My plan:

1. Institute a METR, Minimum Effective Tax Rate
2. Corporate Tax Rates: 15% with 5% METR
3. Individual Tax Rates: Add four new margins due to massive spread in income: 44.9%, 20% METR, 49.9%, 25% METR, 54.4%, 30% METR and 59.9%, 35% METR.

Next?

Ok, might work. Would the bottom half pay anything? Would they have any skin in the game?
Yeah, I didn't include the lower margins because I'm too lazy. Everyone should pay, at least a bit.

good, now why not a flat tax? everyone pays the same % of their income and no form of income is exempt. To make it easy say its 10%. If you make 10 million you pay 1 million. if you make 10 thousand you pay 1 thousand.

We could even have an income floor below which you would pay nothing, say 25K.

Note, I said no form of income would be exempt, including capital gains, inheritance, etc.

Since he's only a candidate at this point, my guess is challenging Trump would most likely make one a RINO.

Now if SCOTUS were to go ahead and elect him like they did G.W. Bush back in 2000, challenging Trump would be an act of treason.

US citizens aren't allowed to question a republican's presidential authority, only a democrat's.

This just gets more weird.

Then make the sane decision. You don't have to defend Trump, you don't have to like Trump. You just need to realize the pure evil of Hillary and how we as a nation can not allow her to make ANY SCOTUS nominations.

Vote Trump or pee your pants wondering, it is up to you.

Since he's only a candidate at this point, my guess is challenging Trump would most likely make one a RINO.

Now if SCOTUS were to go ahead and elect him like they did G.W. Bush back in 2000, challenging Trump would be an act of treason.

US citizens aren't allowed to question a republican's presidential authority, only a democrat's.

Actually Bush won Florida so no the SCOTUS didn't give Bush anything. What is wrong with you people that you just won't give it up in spite of all evidence?

Then make the sane decision. You don't have to defend Trump, you don't have to like Trump. You just need to realize the pure evil of Hillary and how we as a nation can not allow her to make ANY SCOTUS nominations.

So just ignore the fact that Trump has proved himself an empty braggart and liar of epic proportions, with skin like tissue paper and the demeanor of a spoiled 11 year old, and vote for him.... because Clinton after all is "pure evil."

You have a unique definition of "sane decision."

Actually Bush won Florida so no the SCOTUS didn't give Bush anything. What is wrong with you people that you just won't give it up in spite of all evidence?

Right wing pundits yelling over the radio isn't evidence. Bush didn't win Florida.

Right wing pundits yelling over the radio isn't evidence. Bush didn't win Florida.

Lost causers whining on internet blogs isn't evidence. Bush served for 8 years, proof enough he won. You're just sad that the SCOTUS didn't allow Gore to steal the election. His lawyer lied in SC of Florida or the case would have ended much sooneer. Gore did the country a great disservice by his lying and trying to cheat. He even got good people like you believing his BS.

So just ignore the fact that Trump has proved himself an empty braggart and liar of epic proportions, with skin like tissue paper and the demeanor of a spoiled 11 year old, and vote for him.... because Clinton after all is "pure evil."

You have a unique definition of "sane decision."

I ignore nothing. But you have proven to ignore the pathological liar Hillary. If there ever was a lie so proven wrong. A lie so made up it is beyone imagination how someone can so lie it is Hillary's Bosnia Sniper fire lie. If she lies so strongly about something that she knows didn't happen what is she going to do about things that do, like classified emails. She belongs in prison. I am actually sorry that Trump is the only viable option but Hillary isn't an option at all, for sane honest people.

... and they think their side should rule the free world.

Crazy, just crazy.
Grandma, you signature, care to offer some evidence of what you are saying? Or are you like the rest of the democrat party and are just going to completely ignore the white vote? Think for yourself, when I say white vote I bet you think white supremacy. But if I say black vote you think of the downtrodden, why is that?

good, now why not a flat tax? everyone pays the same % of their income and no form of income is exempt.
No, I very much prefer a progressive/graduated tax system with deductibles and credits to incentivize certain types of investments. Take away tax incentives and we kill a great deal of positive, investment-based economic activity, both individual and business.

Last edited:
good, now why not a flat tax? everyone pays the same % of their income and no form of income is exempt.
No, I very much prefer a progressive/graduated tax system with deductibles and credits to incentivize certain types of investments. Take away tax incentives and we kill a great deal of positive, investment-based economic activity, both individual and business.
Tax incentives are just removing the negative of the tax in the first place. Using a repressive tax system for social engineering just doesn't ring true to me.

the two are compatible if done right.

No, I very much prefer a progressive/graduated tax system with deductibles and credits to incentivize certain types of investments. Take away tax incentives and we kill a great deal of positive, investment-based economic activity, both individual and business..
I'd have to look at the specifics.

No, I very much prefer a progressive/graduated tax system with deductibles and credits to incentivize certain types of investments. Take away tax incentives and we kill a great deal of positive, investment-based economic activity, both individual and business..
I'd have to look at the specifics.

Me too. All flat tax plans exempt incomes below a certain amount. They can also include incentives to encourage investment and business start ups. But, therein lies the problem, when we start to social engineer via the tax code, it gets very complicated and opens the door for cheating and corruption. Its cleaner is everyone above a specified income level pays the same %. No form of income is exempt. However, the tax floor amount can be adjusted for marriage, age, health, etc.

Forum List

Back