POLL: How Bout An Official Gesture Of Atonement For Past Sins Against African Americans?...

Would You Support An Official Government-Sponsored Gesture Of Atonement To African Americans

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 89.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Would you support it? Do you think it would help heal the deep wounds? Maybe an official Government-sponsored acknowledgement and atonement could lead to reconciliation.

Most African Americans still feel anger and sorrow over how they've been treated. It does seem like an open festering wound. Maybe a kind official gesture could help African Americans forgive and get some kind of closure. What do you think?

Would you support it? Do you think it would help heal the deep wounds? Maybe an official Government-sponsored acknowledgement and atonement could lead to reconciliation.

Most African Americans still feel anger and sorrow over how they've been treated. It does seem like an open festering wound. Maybe a kind official gesture could help African Americans forgive and get some kind of closure. What do you think?

The government didn't enslave them. That being said if they want an official "we're sorry" that doesn't include reparations I have no problem with that. Reparations though are a non starter.

The government didn't enslave them. That being said if they want an official "we're sorry" that doesn't include reparations I have no problem with that. Reparations though are a non starter.

I'm willing to accept a compromise. But we have to heal this open festering wound. I think an official act could help African Americans forgive. Maybe help them find some sort of closure.

I'm willing to accept a compromise. But we have to heal this open festering wound. I think an official act could help African Americans forgive. Maybe help them find some sort of closure.

The problem with that is the jesse jacksons of the world have built their empires on creating, and maintaining, the division and hatred. obummer has furthered the separation of the races to foment exactly what is happening. A race war.

There is no festering wound. Stop being one of the stupids.
BLM is a creation of George Soros. He dreamed it up, and he pays for it. When he stops paying for it, believe me, the wound will go home and hang out in the hood, just like before Soros came up with the plan for civil unrest.
They are already being "compensated". $5,000 a month to destroy Ferguson, Dallas, Baltimore..
If Soros dropped dead tomorrow, so would Acorn and BLM.

#CutTheCheck. That’s the hashtag for Black activists demanding payment from white liberals for taking part in the months-long protests in Ferguson, Missouri over the police shooting death of unarmed Black teenaged criminal Michael Brown in a confrontation with white Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson last August.

Black activists held a sit-in at the office of MORE (Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment) on Thursday to press their claim that groups led by whites have collected tens of thousands of dollars in donations off of the Black Lives Matter movement without paying the Black participants their fair share.

During the sit-in, one of the Black activists threatened the white representative for MORE, saying, “We gon’, we gonna just **** you up.

So you want us to pay them more to **** us up?

Last edited:

We Should apologize for the first black president being Hussein Obama..You're O.P. is stupid, it's not even worth voting on such stupidity. Maybe the white minority population in Detroit public schools should seek reparations for being targeted and beat up by the majority black student population:slap:

How about not profiling and targeting blacks by the police and justice system ? How about we start there .

I'd be much more appreciated .

We've already provided plenty of atonement: the Civil War and the Fourteenth Amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be all for them giving republicans a collective thank you for freeing them from democrats and the democrat enslavement of blacks.....

Vietnamese arrived as boat people, now successfully integrated. We don't have to bribe them not to blame whitey.

My ancestors have nothing to atone for they fought and died to end slavery.

The democrat party has to apologize to blacks they destroyed and killed to protect slavery.

Do you not understand WHY the disparity in correctional facilities between blacks and whites? The problem isn't the justice system. It is crime and who is committing it.
What's more, Target cops, die by cop. I would insist that if my child was an officer, she shoot first and ask questions later. That is what this UN funded civil unrest agenda is creating. This isn't about blacks or whites. It is about disarmament of our country by the UN. And with every act of violence, they'll use the dead to get you to say, "Please take our guns away, and then for sure Blacks and Muslims will behave themselves."

The only reason there is an 'open festering wound' is because the race baiters started dumping salt into a tiny wound.

BLM, Black Panthers and other groups have already said it's too late for apologies or atonement. So, what good will throwing more money at them accomplish? We've spent trillions over the years to try and elevate people. That created an entitlement mindset and it's now out of control.

No one alive today was a slave or owned one and it's asinine to expect people to pay for sins they didn't commit. We've already come up with every program to help people. Affirmative action, college funds and increased welfare. What would reparations be other than another welfare check? And when it's spent, then what? Do the checks keep coming forever? When will it be enough?

They are talking revenge and black supremacy. It's about getting even and many are willing to kill. Do you think some more money will really change people's hearts? And what amount are they thinking? Are we supposed to put a million dollars in an account and give them a big house and care? Even then, the money will be gone before you know it.

Throwing money at something rarely has an effect. Coming to an understanding is best, but they've made clear that they don't want to talk. Some have stated that they don't want black criminals shot no matter what. So, along with the reparations, we have to allow them to commit crimes, too?

Until we hear a rational voice from any of these groups, there will be no solution.

Last edited:

Meh -- you don't really describe what you have in mind, so .... I dunno. I think the most useful approach is to learn our history, especially the naughty bits carefully sanitized out of the school textbooks, and not at all limited to Africans or even to racism.

I try to do my part here. But da gummint don't give me nothin' for it.

We have already had decades of affirmative action, and the last black person who was enslaved died long ago.

I have no problem with reparations for those who experiences something. It makes no sense to offer reparations to those who didn't.