POLL: Do You Approve Or Disapprove Of President Trump's Job Performance?

Do You Approve Or Disapprove Of President Trump's Job Performance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I approve of most of what he's done. The only things I don't approve of is the budget he folded on, but we knew going in that he wasn't a fiscal conservative.
What’s blowing up the deficit is his tax cut — and that is fiscally conservative.

Bull shit. Go away liar.
WTF?? Tax cuts are not fiscally conservative?
I told you to go away, now take your bull shit and git!

I approve of most of what he's done. The only things I don't approve of is the budget he folded on, but we knew going in that he wasn't a fiscal conservative.
What’s blowing up the deficit is his tax cut — and that is fiscally conservative.

Bull shit. Go away liar.
a) I don't listen to you; and
b) Nothing I said was bullshit; and
c) If you're too big of a coward to deal with what I post, TFB.

Bull shit. Go away liar.

Yup, we know how you don't listen to much.
dumb and dumber not listening - Bing video

Bull shit. Go away liar.

No you illiterate fuck, everything you say is complete bull shit and has been shown to you over and over by me and many others, yet you keep on saying that same stupid garbage over and over. There's no sense trying to correct you. You never ever will admit you are wrong nor do you have the maturity and intelligence to do so. It's a waste of time. Now do what I told you and go away retard.

Bull shit. Go away liar.

Yup, we know how you don't listen to much.
dumb and dumber not listening - Bing video

Exactly. You can debunk their garbage 1000 times and they will continue to say it. It's best just to abuse them.

Bull shit. Go away liar.

No you illiterate fuck, everything you say is complete bull shit and has been shown to you over and over by me and many others, yet you keep on saying that same stupid garbage over and over. There's no sense trying to correct you. You never ever will admit you are wrong nor do you have the maturity and intelligence to do so. It's a waste of time. Now do what I told you and go away retard.
LOLOL

What a pity all you can do is cry that it’s bullshit since you can’t prove it is.

:dance:

Bull shit. Go away liar.

LOLOL

What a pity all you can do is cry that it’s bullshit since you can’t prove it is.

Alright retard, I'm bored so I'll take a few seconds to kick your stupid ass in front of everyone. The important part is written in crayon in the hope that it's more comfortable to you.

Cutting taxes alone is NOT fiscally conservative. Tax cuts PLUS reduced spending is. Your statement is stupid and wrong, and you are too fucking immature and partisan to ever admit it. No Trump supporter has claimed that Trump is a fiscal conservative. Now, go away like I told you retard.

You are dismissed.

LOLOL

Alright retard, I'm bored so I'll take a few seconds to kick your stupid ass in front of everyone. The important part is written in crayon in the hope that it's more comfortable to you.

Cutting taxes alone is NOT fiscally conservative. Tax cuts PLUS reduced spending is. Your statement is stupid and wrong, and you are too fucking immature and partisan to ever admit it. No Trump supporter has claimed that Trump is a fiscal conservative. Now, go away like I told you retard.

You are dismissed.
LOLOL

You’re not man enough to dismiss me.

And let’s see you name the “conservative” president who cut taxes AND cut spending.....

LOLOL

No Trump supporter has claimed that Trump is a fiscal conservative. Now, go away like I told you retard. You are dismissed.
I will agree Trump is no conservative. However, he is fiscally conservative.
Trump is a fiscal conservative
They know he is a social liberal. He is like President Kennedy who was social liberal, fiscal conservative.
Trump is a biionare who represents the middle class, it's been along time since I have seen it, a social liberal a fiscal conservative, he represents the middle class
For sure Trump is a fiscal conservative

The LONG CON
How Long Can Trump's Long Con Last?
Trump has exaggerated his wealth for years. In office, he's trying a similar scam.
By
Timothy L. O'Brien

April 23, 2018, 7:00 AM EDT
800x-1.jpg

Just the way he likes it.

Photographer: Jennifer S. Altman/Bloomberg
In 1982, when Donald Trump was 36 years old, he began an annual ritual of lobbying Forbes magazine to include him on its list of the 400 wealthiest Americans. Forbes debuted the list that year, and Trump pursued his inclusion with gusto -- lying, cajoling and repeatedly jumping on the phone to make sure that a young reporter at the magazine, Jonathan Greenberg, would accept his inflated claims about how much money he had.

Greenberg taped a few of those phone calls and he published them as part of a longer reflection in the Washington Post on Friday describing what it was like to be conned by Trump.

"It took decades to unwind the elaborate farce Trump had enacted to project an image as one of the richest people in America," Greenberg wrote. "Nearly every assertion supporting that claim was untrue. Trump wasn't just poorer than he said he was. Over time, I have learned that he should not have been on the first three Forbes 400 lists at all."

Greenberg's column is a reminder that Trump has been running a very long con on the American public, and it raises a question that now has an urgency it didn't decades ago: How long can the long con last?

Trump's shtick in its early days was limited to New York, and most New Yorkers (who, of course, have good antennae for such things) knew it was awash in snake oil. Yes, Trump might say he was a business titan worthy of the Forbes 400. But he wasn't among the upper echelon of New York real-estate developers, he wasn't a fixture of civic life, and he seemed more at home on Page Six than on the front page of the Wall Street Journal.

Trump's love of the con -- borrowing billions he couldn't repay so he could invest in splashy properties and projects he didn't understand -- drew national attention and blanket media coverage just before the game unraveled in serial bankruptcies in the early 1990s. After that debacle, Trump refashioned himself as a ubiquitous media curiosity, one who held center stage in part by being the one famous guy who could reliably be called upon to chat about sex, women and even his own genitals.

Trump's emergence on "The Apprentice" in 2004 enabled him to extend the con once again. He had been spinning myths about being a can-do businessman for years, but the show allowed him to play an entrepreneurial guru in front of millions of people each week. Although it soon fizzled, Trump used the show to refashion himself as a calculating executive -- one who some thought might just be talented enough to shake up the federal government.

I wrote a biography of Trump at the peak of his fame, and he later sued me for libel because, among other things, the book scrutinized his years of patty-cake with Forbes to get on its rich-list while also raising doubts about whether he was a billionaire. (Trump lost the case in 2011.) During a deposition, Trump conceded that he was so broke at one point that he had to borrow millions of dollars from his father's estate to avoid personal bankruptcy -- something he had earlier contested when I asked him about it during our many conversations for the book. ("I had zero borrowings from the estate," Trump told me. "I give you my word.")

Greenberg mentioned my reporting as one reason why he came to realize that Trump had hoodwinked him over the years, and cited documents that were available to me but not to him when he was at Forbes.

Even without those documents, though, there were plenty of reasons to doubt Trump's honesty -- and Forbes's methodology. Between 1982 and 1983, for example, the magazine allowed the Trump family's stated real-estate fortune to double from $200 million to $400 million, even though a savage recession was underway. In 1989, Forbes ranked Trump 26th on its list, then dropped him entirely a year later. He was gone for five years and then resurfaced with $450 million in 1996. That jumped to $1.4 billion a year later. And so on.

You don't need tape recordings to understand this con. You just need common sense.

When I asked Trump in 2005 about his obsession with the Forbes 400 and with being perceived as a billionaire, he was dismissive. "It seems to be that they're the barometer of individual wealth. It doesn't really matter. It matters much less to me today than it did in the past."

more than $10 billion while he was running for president. Trump has latched onto such fanciful figures not simply because he's insecure about his wealth, but because he knows that pretending he has that kind of money keeps him in the media's eye and keeps potential business partners interested in him. It's all part of the long con.

That con now has global consequences. Trump doesn't fulminate about North Korea or building a wall on the Mexican border because he's a policy maven with deeply held principles. It's because he knows that toying around with sensitive and sometimes dangerous subjects gets the media's attention and keeps certain blocs of voters interested in him.

That's part of the long con too. And the president will keep it up -- and get away with it -- as long as voters play along.

Well, Trump holding strong at 63.5% here at USMB. Thanks again to all who participated in the poll. :)

Well, Trump holding strong at 63.5% here at USMB. Thanks again to all who participated in the poll. :)
confidence rating ,,,,trump 23%
gas station sushi 26%

Well according to our USMB polling, he's doing pretty good.

USMB polling shows that there are a lot of old white guys who post here.

Pretty bigoted comment. Shame.

truth hurts, whitey

Forum List

Back