Poll: Conservative or Liberal? And your beliefs?

What are you views and what do you believe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted none of the above as Im a libertarian.

Im fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

I beleive in a higher power existing but I do not follow nor believe in any of the major religions.

!!! Where do I sign up? What are the hiering requirements and why am I always the last to find out about these things!!

Damn good for nothing demon union NEVER sends out the correct newsletter *grumble grumble grumble*

You have to send me your firstborn.

Or a check for $500. Or at least 5 cases of really good beer.

I'm negotiable.

Satan wants beer? I guess he must have to share with a lot of really sweaty folks at the ol' inferno. But the REAL Satan, one would think would prefer something like Courvoisier for himself.

I think you're a phony.

I'm curious as to the beliefs of Conservatives and Liberals.

Feel free to participate... or not :) I hope you do though. Overall I'd like to see how many Liberals are Atheists, and how many Conservatives are Christians.

(Admin - I put this under politics, but if it needs to be moved to another thread, I understand, thank you.)

Please note: This poll is not meant to make anyone feel left out, or hurt anyone's feelings, etc. I don't like to or ever want to hurt anyone's feelings. And if you don't want to participate, or if you don't want to because you think it's a stupid poll, no problem, I understand. :) However, it's not stupid to me, and to those who participate, thank you for your time and input. : ) There are only so many poll lines, so I did the best I could or thought... at the time.
For example, if you are an Independant, the last line "None of the above" would apply. Please, no hard feelings. Also, please feel free to start your own poll if you'd like to see different choices. Thanks! :)

i'm "liberal" on many issues
(gay rights, pot legalization, legalized prostitution, America is SECULAR, equal rights and opportunity for minorities, gays, women)

i'm "conservative" on many issues
(pro gun rights, pro-strong military, pro-death penalty (limited use only), pro small business)

I don't BELIEVE in a HATEFUL SPITEFUL MEAN GOD but I accept the possibility that a god or gods may actually exist (including the POSSIBILITY of a HATEFUL SPITEFUL MEAN god)

It's not so much "whom" but rather "what".

Ok .. :) Well if you are not a Christian, not an Atheist, then it would be "other" or none of the above is fine.

I could put tons of different types of situations, but the main poll is to see how many Conservatives believe in Jesus, how many Liberals are Atheists.

Ah, hoping that liberals are Godless, I presume?

Not "hoping" at all... I never want to "hope" that...rather it's an observation, or rather something I noticed..and still wonder about. (And I don't claim it as fact at all, just curious) Let me explain.

I'm 40 yrs old. I didn't come to know Jesus until I was 31. For 31 years and younger, I probably couldn't even tell you the difference exactly between a liberal and a conservative and am still learning. And I would probably be considered a liberal back then. I voted for Clinton.... I took it by word of mouth of others that "those republicans" were rich, greedy, snobby people. And coming from a very low-income come (welfare), I of course always felt intimidated by anyone who was rich, greedy, snobby, so I thought I was on the right side.

However, the Lord changed my life. I won't go into detail, as I know alot of you don't want to hear it, but after He came into my life and I learned more about myself, the world, what is coming, and I was also looking alot closer into politics/our government/world politics. I realized that most Atheists I've conversed with are liberals. I think I've only met one Christian who had liberal views. Most Christians that I conversed with were conservatives.

In fact, the three most conservative men I know are Christians. And they are NOT rich, snobby, greedy, rather the opposite. One is a janitor and gets by ok. One is disabled, cannot work, and does NOT want Obamacare though he doesnt even have health insurance. One is self employed but having a very very hard time due to the economy, and didn't even have an oven for a year. None of these men are at all what I used to think conservatives are. I previously was influeced by leftist ideologies and the media (imho) as to what the conservative side stands for. And most of it hasn't held true as far I've seen so far.

And so far from the poll above, (which yes, I know it leaves some out, but again, in my defense, we only have so many poll lines to use anyhow)...but the poll so far hasn't shown any Liberal Christians. I know its an amatuer poll, and some think its stupid, but thanks to those who took it and had your input. It is interesting to me :)

There's more to it than that, alot of it is Spiritual and not for this thread. Again though, no, I was not "hoping" like you suggested.. my hopes are rather the opposite. In this poll, I'm just observing.

Thanks for your input : )

Last edited:
Ok .. :) Well if you are not a Christian, not an Atheist, then it would be "other" or none of the above is fine.

I could put tons of different types of situations, but the main poll is to see how many Conservatives believe in Jesus, how many Liberals are Atheists.

Ah, hoping that liberals are Godless, I presume?

Not "hoping" at all... I never want to "hope" that...rather it's an observation, or rather something I noticed..and still wonder about. (And I don't claim it as fact at all, just curious) Let me explain.

I'm 40 yrs old. I didn't come to know Jesus until I was 31. For 31 years and younger, I probably couldn't even tell you the difference exactly between a liberal and a conservative and am still learning. And I would probably be considered a liberal back then. I voted for Clinton.... I took it by word of mouth of others that "those republicans" were rich, greedy, snobby people. And coming from a very low-income come (welfare), I of course always felt intimidated by anyone who was rich, greedy, snobby, so I thought I was on the right side.

However, the Lord changed my life. I won't go into detail, as I know alot of you don't want to hear it, but after He came into my life and I learned more about myself, the world, what is coming, and I was also looking alot closer into politics/our government/world politics. I realized that most Atheists I've conversed with are liberals. I think I've only met one Christian who had liberal views. Most Christians that I conversed with were conservatives.

In fact, the three most conservative men I know are Christians. And they are NOT rich, snobby, greedy, rather the opposite. One is a janitor and gets by ok. One is disabled, cannot work, and does NOT want Obamacare though he doesnt even have health insurance. One is self employed but having a very very hard time due to the economy, and didn't even have an oven for a year. None of these men are at all what I used to think conservatives are. I previously was influeced by leftist ideologies and the media (imho) as to what the conservative side stands for. And most of it hasn't held true as far I've seen so far.

And so far from the poll above, (which yes, I know it leaves some out, but again, in my defense, we only have so many poll lines to use anyhow)...but the poll so far hasn't shown any Liberal Christians. I know its an amatuer poll, and some think its stupid, but thanks to those who took it and had your input. It is interesting to me :)

There's more to it than that, alot of it is Spiritual and not for this thread. Again though, no, I was not "hoping" like you suggested.. my hopes are rather the opposite. In this poll, I'm just observing.

Thanks for your input : )

I hope you learned more about the variations in "Christianity" from the responses posted. Your poll clearly implied that you're a born again, by the phrasing. But I think if you simply pose the question "How many liberals are also Christians," you would find that most of us are, or we at least have, "Christian" values. And that's really all that's important, Marie.

Not everyone believes that The Bible contains 100% truths. I don't because I find too much contradiction in it. But I do believe in the basic tenets put forth in The Bible. Nor do I, personally, need to have someone preach the Gospel to me from a pulpit. I can feel close to God just sitting alone on a beach and watching the ebb and flow of the ocean, or the wonderment of spring when everything seems so dead during winter that the buds will never emerge again. Nature is God. I get much more out of those simple things than someone telling me what to believe.

!!! Where do I sign up? What are the hiering requirements and why am I always the last to find out about these things!!

Damn good for nothing demon union NEVER sends out the correct newsletter *grumble grumble grumble*

You have to send me your firstborn.

Or a check for $500. Or at least 5 cases of really good beer.

I'm negotiable.

Satan wants beer? I guess he must have to share with a lot of really sweaty folks at the ol' inferno. But the REAL Satan, one would think would prefer something like Courvoisier for himself.

I think you're a phony.

Satan loves beer. And rum. And jack.

I'm an extreme Liberal on Social Issues.
I'm a moderate conservative on Economic Issues.
I'm a moderate conservative on foreign policy issues.

I grew up and still believe and practice Oneness Pentecostalism.

OK I'm a Conservative. I was raised Christian, but am basically areligious these days. I call myself Judeo- Christian Hindu Buddhist. It's a small denomination, so small in fact that my church is my motorcycle. I find I'm closer to God at 90 MPH than in some ornate temple.
Life is more about honor and trust than memorized prayers and verses.

Why on earth would you question beliefs?? Beliefs are not facts.

Beliefs and politics should not be mixed.

Who designed the questions? A nutty psycho shrink?

I'm curious as to the beliefs of Conservatives and Liberals.

Feel free to participate... or not :) I hope you do though. Overall I'd like to see how many Liberals are Atheists, and how many Conservatives are Christians.

(Admin - I put this under politics, but if it needs to be moved to another thread, I understand, thank you.)

Please note: This poll is not meant to make anyone feel left out, or hurt anyone's feelings, etc. I don't like to or ever want to hurt anyone's feelings. And if you don't want to participate, or if you don't want to because you think it's a stupid poll, no problem, I understand. :) However, it's not stupid to me, and to those who participate, thank you for your time and input. : ) There are only so many poll lines, so I did the best I could or thought... at the time.
For example, if you are an Independant, the last line "None of the above" would apply. Please, no hard feelings. Also, please feel free to start your own poll if you'd like to see different choices. Thanks! :)
I'm a poster at USMB wondering why you're such a bitch that you would divide people in this way.

smiley face

I'm a passive aggressive fuckhead who thinks as long as I use polite words and say I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, I can still belittle other's POV.

big-fat-fucking-smiley-face.

Liberal, and serious about it.

Christian, and serious about it.

I read my bible every day, although I've slacked off the last week and half...working too late and such.

I'm a passive aggressive fuckhead who thinks as long as I use polite words and say I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, I can still belittle other's POV.

Welllllllllllllllllllll....fuck you! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph! :)

But, and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here, but why do people like you think the way they do, and act against the will of the majority of which I am a part? I'm just asking questions here, don'cha know.

:):):):):):):):):):):)

But, and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here, but why do people like you think the way they do, and act against the will of the majority of which I am a part? I'm just asking questions here, don'cha know.

*Copy and paste blog saying liberals are science worshiping amoral pond scum here*

Liberal, and serious about it.

Christian, and serious about it.
Christianity and condemnation of tyranny are mutually exclusive.

The Christian Utopia is a theocratic dictatorship featuring total repression of all dissent. The Christian philosophy is naturally antagonistic to liberty and democracy.

So, too, is faith in the Christian god and democracy and the consent of the governed

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Define "will of the majority." You mean this week? Last year? Overall? Because there IS no "majority" at least when it comes to politics (or religion).

Define "will of the majority." You mean this week? Last year? Overall? Because there IS no "majority" at least when it comes to politics (or religion).

That depends on whether you buy into false dichotomies. If the only choices are "Like Me" and "Everyone Else", I'd say there will always be a clear majority.

Forum List

Back