New Republican Gov not fond of non-Christians

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ravi, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,752
    ''I was elected as a Republican candidate. But once I became governor ... I became the governor of all the people. I intend to live up to that. I am color blind," Bentley said in a short speech given about an hour after he took the oath of office as governor.

Then Bentley, who for years has been a deacon at First Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa, gave what sounded like an altar call.

"There may be some people here today who do not have living within them the Holy Spirit," Bentley said. ''But if you have been adopted in God's family like I have, and like you have if you're a Christian and if you're saved, and the Holy Spirit lives within you just like the Holy Spirit lives within me, then you know what that makes? It makes you and me brothers. And it makes you and me brother and sister."

Bentley added, ''Now I will have to say that, if we don't have the same daddy, we're not brothers and sisters. So anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother."

:lol:

Gov.-elect Robert Bentley intends to be governor over all, but says only Christians are his 'brothers and sisters' | al.com

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    no matter what this man believes we are all brothers and sisters

3. sangha

sangha Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +179
    I think you're selling him short

Like most xtians, he probably hates xtians who belong to a different xtian cult

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,752
    Good point...apparently you have to be "saved" and not just an average Christian.

5. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Just what this country needs. Another idiot who doesn't believe in evolution or science in a position of authority.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    This guy is a retards and the problem thats so prevalent amongst Republitards and GOPers, they can't focus strictly on politics and instead bring their religion into the fray, something that will alienate people. I'm a Christian myself and would like nothing more than to see everyone get saved, which is why I could never be a politician because they don't save souls they sell souls.

7. Marie888

Marie888 † † †

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +215

I'm positive if asked, Mr. Bentley would agree that even though he believes this, we are still to love one another and bless our enemies. Bless, not curse.

Do we all fail at it? Of course. We have the "fleshly" human nature.

I believe what Bently is referring to is pretty much from the Bible...

Meaning that if we know that Jesus is Lord, that is revealed to us from the Holy Spirit - this is what it means to be born again (of His Spirit). We are brothers and sisters in Christ our Lord.

The bible also talks about those in Christ, and those who are not - they have the spirit of the Anti-Christ...

I beleive Bently was talking of His faith in Jesus Christ and who are his brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ - according to the Word of God.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  8. Cecilie1200

Cecilie1200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,052
    Why should science be in a "position of authority"? Science is a tool, no matter how much tools like you try to make it into a master.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    Funny. After reading that it's clear that there is no evidence that he isn't fond of non-Christians. Quite the opposite. He is actively reaching out to them.

Not very surprised that people are lying about them. I mean how dare he invite others to be Christian. The audacity of actually practicing what he preaches.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    Fabulous. Another idiot who doesn't understand what science is and does.