Poll: Conservative or Liberal? And your beliefs?

What are you views and what do you believe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You left Muslims
You left out Jews
You left out agnostics

In short, you left out anyone who follows a faith other than Christianity. I disapprove of that so I will not vote in your stupid, discriminatory, poll.

My sincerest apologies to have offended you at all. Really I'm sorry and so sorry if I hurt your feelings. That was not my intent at all, and not trying to leave anyone out. No problem if you don't want to participate. Thanks for your input.

I know its not the "best" poll, its not for a scientific study, I was personally curious of how many Athiests and Christians are Conservative or Liberal; wanted to take the poll. And I believe we can only have 10 lines in a poll I think, and I took up 7 with even these.

So anything else for example...Jewish, Buddhist, Islamic, Agnostic, etc... would be "Other".
Or if your Conservative and Jewish, it would be "I'm a Conservative, Other".

Please, I'm really sorry to anyone who may have felt left out; the poll wasn't meant for that intent. I tried to make a place by putting "other" under each, and an "other" at the end for independants, or what have you.

Thank you all for your replies thus far :)

I think maybe this thread would have gone over better if it was in the religion and ethics subforum, because the thrust of the OP seems to be how Christianity weighs into specific ideologies.

If you go with moderates, classical liberals, conservatives, liberals, and apathetics as the political groups with each having a "yes, I'm Christian" and a "no, I'm not Christian" option, you might get a more reflective poll.

it seems to me the same as it appeared to caligirl... and i'm not sure how it would have gone better in a different subforum. speaking for myself, i'd have had the same response. she meant what she said. i don't think it was intentional. but she clearly thinks only christians believe in G-d. In fact, to my first question, she asked, how one could consider themselves a 'believer' and not believe in jesus.

she didn't understand the distinction.

My sincerest apologies to have offended you at all. Really I'm sorry and so sorry if I hurt your feelings. That was not my intent at all, and not trying to leave anyone out. No problem if you don't want to participate. Thanks for your input.

I know its not the "best" poll, its not for a scientific study, I was personally curious of how many Athiests and Christians are Conservative or Liberal; wanted to take the poll. And I believe we can only have 10 lines in a poll I think, and I took up 7 with even these.

So anything else for example...Jewish, Buddhist, Islamic, Agnostic, etc... would be "Other".

Please, I'm really sorry to anyone who may have felt left out; the poll wasn't meant for that intent. I tried to make a place by putting "other" under each, and an "other" at the end for independants, or what have you.

I think maybe this thread would have gone over better if it was in the religion and ethics subforum, because the thrust of the OP seems to be how Christianity weighs into specific ideologies.

If you go with moderates, classical liberals, conservatives, liberals, and apathetics as the political groups with each having a "yes, I'm Christian" and a "no, I'm not Christian" option, you might get a more reflective poll.

it seems to me the same as it appeared to caligirl... and i'm not sure how it would have gone better in a different subforum. speaking for myself, i'd have had the same response. she meant what she said. i don't think it was intentional. but she clearly thinks only christians believe in G-d. In fact, to my first question, she asked, how one could consider themselves a 'believer' and not believe in jesus.

Even within Christianity there are fights among sects, if the OP is any indication that's another fight being set up here.

There are those, for example, who claim Catholics aren't Christian. Or that those who have not been immersed or don't engage in evangelism aren't "saved". Or that groups which aren't literal about Biblical interpretation are "cults".

On one hand it bothers me when these troll threads and polls go up trying to claim anyone loosely labeled as "Liberal" is godless. OTOH, I prefer not to engage in that "My Jesus can beat up your Jesus" argument. Decisions, decisions....

I'm a left-leaning independent agnostic who believes in values adopted by Chistianity as well as most other religions of the world, i.e., the Golden Rule.

Sorry, not sure what you mean? :) .. Believe in Whom? If we believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, then what else are we called?

It's not so much "whom" but rather "what".

Ok .. :) Well if you are not a Christian, not an Atheist, then it would be "other" or none of the above is fine.

I could put tons of different types of situations, but the main poll is to see how many Conservatives believe in Jesus, how many Liberals are Atheists.

Ah, hoping that liberals are Godless, I presume?

Truth. There are several other religions who believe in a god but not Jesus.

Even Islam. Muslims believe in and worship the same One God that Jews and Christians worship. Allah is the Arabic word for God. Mohammed was God's last prophet, and he is revered much the way Jesus is to Christians.

Even within Christianity there are fights among sects, if the OP is any indication that's another fight being set up here.

There are those, for example, who claim Catholics aren't Christian. Or that those who have not been immersed or don't engage in evangelism aren't "saved". Or that groups which aren't literal about Biblical interpretation are "cults".

On one hand it bothers me when these troll threads and polls go up trying to claim anyone loosely labeled as "Liberal" is godless. OTOH, I prefer not to engage in that "My Jesus can beat up your Jesus" argument. Decisions, decisions....

You beat me to it. I was going to mention the ongoing Irish war between Protestants and Catholics. The Pilgrims set off to find a new world free of Protestant tyranny of England, and yet never dispelled the Christian doctrine.

I'm Satan.
Didn't know you played hockey.

satan-hockey-player.jpg

You beat me to it. I was going to mention the ongoing Irish war between Protestants and Catholics. The Pilgrims set off to find a new world free of Protestant tyranny of England, and yet never dispelled the Christian doctrine.

Yep, The Puritans in Massachusetts, Quakers in Pennsylvania, Catholics in Maryland, and many other religious groups who didn't get the chance to found their own whole colonies but came for the same reason.

Then you have modern groups like the Unitarians, who welcome Christians but don't have Christianity as their central tenet. What about the Quakers, most of whom don't utilize clergy or sacraments at all? Mormons, who believe in Christ but include a second holy book and set of teachings? And that's just the question of who's "Christian".

It gets even more complicated when one tries to go beyond that and judge who's "right" among all faiths or lack thereof. Even worse, who's "moral" :rolleyes:

I try not to stick my nose in it, I think passing judgment on anybody for what they choose to believe is way above my pay grade. Even passing judgment in a decidedly passive-aggressive semi-stealthy manner. ;)

There sure are but he stated his intention. Participate or don't. Complaining about the poll is rather pointless, don't you think.

I for one am a conservative atheist though I was surprised that there were a few others that voted the same way. Not many of us over hear. The moral majority calling themselves conservatists(sp?) and their hatred for actual conservatism tends to drive us away ;)
You left Muslims
You left out Jews
You left out agnostics

In short, you left out anyone who follows a faith other than Christianity. I disapprove of that so I will not vote in your stupid, discriminatory, poll.

Don't be sorry. You poll, your thread and if anyone does not wish to participate it is not mandated that they do. Many here just like to trash people. It IS the internet after all. What is it for if not to induce nerd rage in others as often as possible ;)
I'm Satan.

Who have you appointed as your Anti-Christ? (Uh oh, I could be opening a can of worms here.)

Xotoxi is my chosen anti-christ here on earth.

Jeremy is one of my lesser demons. Anti-Christ lite. Tastes great, less filling and all.

!!! Where do I sign up? What are the hiering requirements and why am I always the last to find out about these things!!

Damn good for nothing demon union NEVER sends out the correct newsletter *grumble grumble grumble*

!!! Where do I sign up? What are the hiering requirements and why am I always the last to find out about these things!!

Damn good for nothing demon union NEVER sends out the correct newsletter *grumble grumble grumble*

You have to send me your firstborn.

Or a check for $500. Or at least 5 cases of really good beer.

I'm negotiable.

I'm negotiable.

First born - definitely. That beer is MINE!!

Now - where do I send them?

I'm negotiable.

First born - definitely. That beer is MINE!!

Now - where do I send them?

Depends.

Are they better at sewing the stitches in Nike shoes or weaving cloth?

Forum List

Back