Politics at play in Investigation.

clinton lied to a grand jury, numbnuts.

1. He DID NOT LIE TO A GRAND JURY...

he lied at the deposition in a Civil matter that should never have gone forward since historically NO PRESIDENT was subjected to civil suit while in office. Those matters were ALWAYS stayed during his term of office... Except in Clinton's case... because Scalia's so... er... non-political.

2. THE QUESTIONS ABOUT HIS PRIVATE LIFE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ASKED...

no one asked daddy bush about his dalliances....

or Kennedy....

or Eisenhower....

or Roosevelt...

etc... etc... etc....

The repubs (those bastions of economic conservatism and small government) spent 70 million dollars to investigate a failed land deal...

They spent 7 million to investigate 9/11....

See a problem?

Politically... that is.

So lets check the score..

Whitewater, a realestate deal that the Clintons lost money on was investigated for five years with no findings........NO THATS NOT POLITICAL

Monica Gate, a daliance between consenting adults lead to a full scale impeachment proceeding with no finding.......NO THATS NOT POLITICAL

The Bush administration engages in outright torture in violation of international laws and all semblance of humanity...........THATS NOT FAIR...THATS POLITICAL

If we feel its "Political" why don't we turn the evidence over to a neutral international tribunal and let them decide?

What torture did we engage in?

What international laws?

Why, we didn't engage in ANY torture. Thats why we have nothing to fear from an independent international investigation

:clap2:
Let the investigation begin and let the chips fall where they may. We are a country of laws and if you don't abide by said laws, their are penalties to be paid, DICK!

I'm sure if Mr Cheney is so confident in the legality of what he ordered, he would be glad to post it for the whole world to see.

I imagine after they see all the facts and the results he obtained there will probably be a Nobel Prize for Mr Cheney

Whitewater, a realestate deal that the Clintons lost money on was investigated for five years with no findings........NO THATS NOT POLITICAL

Monica Gate, a daliance between consenting adults lead to a full scale impeachment proceeding with no finding.......NO THATS NOT POLITICAL

The Bush administration engages in outright torture in violation of international laws and all semblance of humanity...........THATS NOT FAIR...THATS POLITICAL

If we feel its "Political" why don't we turn the evidence over to a neutral international tribunal and let them decide?

We'd have to rejoin the world court, which Bush opted out of in 2002. Wonder why he did that?

But that's not what he was persecuted for.

The problem with all this is that the torture techniques were, by all accounts, not used often or long enough to really credit them with "effectiveness" or to claim it was a widespread "program" of torture. Yes, I think ordering them was wrong, but from what I understand (and there's a lot of conflicting information out there) the order was rather quickly rescinded years ago over Cheney's objections. On this one, IMO Bush at least tried to do the right thing - even if it was too little, too late.
The only person who may merit an investigation at this point is the DOJ "attorney" who authorized the order to begin with, and I'm not sure I support even that. It's too late and looks too political now. McCain was right, the worst part of it was the image problem and recruiting factor once it became public. But again, it's too little, too late and too political to fix that now. Obama was right on this one. Just stop doing it and let sleeping dogs lie.

I absolutely, positively agree. Especially since we really will never know exactly what Khalid Sheikh Mohammed revealed and under what circumstances. Did he reveal future plots because he was waterboarded or worse, or because some interrogator smeared menstrual blood on him (an unbearable offense, in Islam)? The videos of the interrogations have all been destroyed.

Last edited:
He's proud that he broke the law and now he's crying that he might be held accountable.

If he were really proud he'd happily go to prison.

Spot on.

Ideally, maybe.
But do you want healthcare reform? How much political capital do you think Obama and the Dems have, and is this really what you want to spend it on?
That's why even though I tend to lean left I'm not a Dem, by and large they think they have infinite resources and have no concept of the word "prioritizing". :rolleyes:

I think you make the perfect point of why this investigation isn't really political. The smart politics would be to ignore this. That the investigation is going forward anyway is pretty strong argument for independence at Justice.

Morale has sagged at the CIA following the release of additional portions of an inspector general's review of the agency's interrogation program and the announcement that the Justice Department would investigate possible abuses by interrogators, according to former intelligence officials, especially those associated with the program

Poor CIA.....Their feelings are hurt

Just because we torture doesn't mean that people shouldn't like us

and he lied to all the American people that put their trust in him. hmmmm, sounds like someone else i know in the White House right now!

We cannot tolerate politics in investigating an issue as important as did the US engage in torture.

That is why we need an independent international tribunal to investigate the evidence. If Mr Cheney is right, and i'm sure he is....we have nothing to fear

They will probably give Dick Cheney a Nobel Peace Prize for all the lives he saved through his enhanced interrogation methods

Forum List

Back