Politico: Trump's claim that GOP protects Pre-existing conditions "inaccurate"

Donald Trump said yesterday that Republicans want to protect people with pre-existing health conditions while Democrats do not. Politicao interviewed experts and concluded that Trump lied:

Public health experts say his claims are inaccurate, given his administration's moves to roll back the Affordable Care Act's safeguards for people for pre-existing conditions. The administration has taken steps to promote the sale of skinnier health coverage that doesn't comply with Obamacare's requirements and could lack protections for sick people and has joined a lawsuit seeking to abolish the health care law.
Trump tries to blame Democrats as his own administration chips away at Obamacare
Trump tries to blame Democrats as his own administration chips away at Obamacare

If they have preexisting conditions, tell the idiots not to buy the skinny plans. It ain't fucking rocket science.

It doesn't work that way. It's not rocket science, it's called economics.

No it's called choice

Right.

Republicans "choose" to let sick people die painfully because they believe it saves billionaires money.

We are talking plans that doesn't cover girls stuff for 50 year old men here. Why the fuck do they need that coverage?

Donald Trump said yesterday that Republicans want to protect people with pre-existing health conditions while Democrats do not. Politicao interviewed experts and concluded that Trump lied:

Public health experts say his claims are inaccurate, given his administration's moves to roll back the Affordable Care Act's safeguards for people for pre-existing conditions. The administration has taken steps to promote the sale of skinnier health coverage that doesn't comply with Obamacare's requirements and could lack protections for sick people and has joined a lawsuit seeking to abolish the health care law.

My Gawd you folks are desperate. And not really paying attention.. Read your own quote in the OP..

,,,,, changes COULD LACK protections for sick people""""""

It's all SPECULATION ABOUT WHAT'S GOING TO happen. And masturbation for the needy.
Why can't you focus on what's actually PROPOSED??

The way pre-existing conditions SHOULD work is ----

1) If you can show CONTINUOUS coverage for X months -- you can't be rated for pre-existing..
2) If you CAN'T show #1 --- then you can be rated for X months at your initial enrollment.

Doing anything ELSE just encourages folks to not take coverage until they are sick.

As for "skinnier health care" --- I'm ALL FOR THAT. Under O-Care -- I'm paying for everyone ELSES pregnancies, trans-sexual emergencies, and mental issues. That's why O-care COST have skyrocketed. Because it's FAT Health care with mandates for options that people don't want or need.

Here's a tip that anyone that's NOT a leftist knows. The NAME of the program given by Congress to the Bill is the DIRECT OPPOSITE of it's effect on you... ACA --- you should have known better from the name..

Pre existing conditions were already the law. No proposal is necessary.

"It's all SPECULATION ABOUT WHAT'S GOING TO happen."

It's inference from past experience. It's something people do all the time, every day. It's called learning, thinking, planning, understanding. People predict future circumstances all the time. Doing otherwise would be just stupid. Stupid people walk around not thinking about what is going to happen.

Seriously?? You're gonna call POLITICAL horseshit predictions from partisans --- INFERENCE? Critical thinking? Whatz you been drinking.. The people doing it are wrong virtually all the time. Because POLITICS is not driven by logic, reason or Bayesian Probabilities.... :rolleyes-41: It's OPINION..

You were just joking -- right?

As for pre-existing conditions being OUTLAWED as a reason for "rating for people up" -- THAT did not happen until O-care. It's still in effect for Ocare qualified plans. But would DISAPPEAR with any "total repeal" of the ACA..

Wasn't being done right BEFORE -- Isn't being done right -- for certain -- under ACA.. COULD be actually fixed if you can stand the caterwauling of the clueless folks who have no ideas how anything works but always want their way.. .

`
I have no problem with my tax dollars going to pay for pre-exsisting conditions, or just health care in general, for other humans. I do have problems with my tax money being paid for an over bloated military. The Pentagon Can't Account for $21 Trillion (That's Not a Typo)

We can see where our money goes with the US military..

220px-USS_Ranger_(CV-61)_departing_San_Diego,_in_February_1987_(NH_97689-KN).jpg

And we can see where are money goes with doctors .

Weird-Objects-X-Rays-Human-Body-0002.jpg

Any questions?

`
I have no problem with my tax dollars going to pay for pre-exsisting conditions, or just health care in general, for other humans. I do have problems with my tax money being paid for an over bloated military. The Pentagon Can't Account for $21 Trillion (That's Not a Typo)

I agree. The Military-Industrial Complex (MIC) budget should be cut in half - or more.

Who will defend us Norway?

It's all a game to create more bogeymen and spend more money. Corporate America and immoral politicians keep the fat-cat ball rolling. The puppet masters win.

`

I agree. The Military-Industrial Complex (MIC) budget should be cut in half - or more.

Oh good. Both of you can kiss up to Vladimir Putin while he and China do whatever the fuck they please with us --- whereever it pleases them with all THEIR new military designs.... Same with Iran, NK, and all your other great buddies.

The only one I've seen kissing up to Putin is trump. Of course he sucks up to the saudis too. Guy seems to like dictators but reserves his scorn for leaders of free countries like Canada.

I don't care what Trump said about it, screw pre-existing conditions. Those people should have had insurance before those conditions made themselves evident.

Is it not fair? Well who the hell said life was supposed to be fair?

Before the ACA, you could be insured, have a medical issue, & then not renewed.

If they have preexisting conditions, tell the idiots not to buy the skinny plans. It ain't fucking rocket science.

Skinny plans are allowed to discriminate for pre existing conditions, dumbass.

Sure it does, don't expect a Cadillac plan for a VW price. I'm sure you being a commie and all, want to screw every one to subsidize the sickies.

This isn't a discussion. I didn't ask for your opinion.

It simply doesn't work that way. The science is called economics.

If you don't understand that, then go find some people that do and ask them. Maybe they can explain it to you.

I'm not sure, you being a moron and all.

Well comrade, if you didn't want a discussion, you shouldn't have replied to MY POST. And screw your economics, there is no reason for a young healthy adult to have to buy more than a catastrophic policy, they shouldn't have to subsidize us old farts.

You really have tomake up your minds.

Here you are crying about catastrophic policies not being available after you had a freaking fit about plans with high deductibles.

Are you just stupid?

`

Who will defend us Norway?

So, you think we should spend how much? How much stronger than others does our military need to be?

Sure it does, don't expect a Cadillac plan for a VW price. I'm sure you being a commie and all, want to screw every one to subsidize the sickies.

Yup. They have no problem with everyone else paying more for everything just so those with Pre existing conditions can be covered.

I don't care what Trump said about it, screw pre-existing conditions. Those people should have had insurance before those conditions made themselves evident.

Yes, that 9 year old just diagnosed with Type-1 diabetes should have had his own insurance before being diagnosed so that as an adult he would still be covered.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Bite me.

I have paid intro insurance all my adult life.

I got divorced in 2017. I was on my ex's insurance. So I lose that insurance after 3 years.

I had the audacity to fight and beat cancer. I'm now preexisting condition.

I will lose my insurance that I paid into for 30 years at the end of next year.

I'll have to buy on the open market at the end of last year. If the conservatives get their way no insurance company will ever sell me a policy again.

I paid and paid and paid for decades without using it. I used it to save my life and now will be penalized for it.

I didn't just go decades without insurance. I paid into for 30 years. Premiums, deductibles and copayments for 30 years. I paid for other people to have insurance for 30 years.

Now you believe that since I divorced and had the audacity to fight and beat cancer that I should never be able to buy insurance again.

People like you need to be put in my place so you can understand how down right unfair and cruel you are.

Bite me.

Skinny plans are allowed to discriminate for pre existing conditions, dumbass.

So? They're designed for the young healthy people. Don't buy one if you have preexisting conditions.

If you don't understand that, then go find some people that do and ask them. Maybe they can explain it to you.

Well comrade, if you didn't want a discussion, you shouldn't have replied to MY POST. And screw your economics, there is no reason for a young healthy adult to have to buy more than a catastrophic policy, they shouldn't have to subsidize us old farts.

Here you are crying about catastrophic policies not being available after you had a freaking fit about plans with high deductibles.

Are you just stupid?

How about you quote the post where I mentioned deductibles in this thread. No hurry, I'll wait for your apology.

Are you just stupid?

How about you quote the post where I mentioned deductibles in this thread. No hurry, I'll wait for your apology.

Who was talking about this thread.

We all know you feeble mined Trumpettes were running in circles & screaming how the deductibles on the exchanges were sooooooo high being to fucking stupid to know that plans with low deductibles were also available.

Now here you are, whining about catastrophic coverage,

Buy one of those high deductlble plans you bitched about you stupid shit.

Yes, that 9 year old just diagnosed with Type-1 diabetes should have had his own insurance before being diagnosed so that as an adult he would still be covered.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Really, do you think that was the case before the ACA?

Are you just stupid?

Who was talking about this thread.

We all know you feeble mined Trumpettes were running in circles & screaming how the deductibles on the exchanges were sooooooo high being to fucking stupid to know that plans with low deductibles were also available.

Now here you are, whining about catastrophic coverage,

Buy one of those high deductlble plans you bitched about you stupid shit.

No dipstick, your ilk is whining about skinny plans which is basically catastrophic coverage. I have friends who've had problems with the deductibles in moabamacare, I never will, because I'll never buy that shit.

Forum List

Back