Political media earns poor marks from Americans

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Political Media Earns Poor Marks From Americans - Morning Consult

As political journalists prepare to gather at the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner on Saturday to celebrate their work, a new Morning Consult poll is likely to make many of them cringe.

upload_2017-4-28_10-20-46.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accept in the eyes of the zombie groups. They're on another planet called Planet fantasy

As political journalists prepare to gather at the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner on Saturday to celebrate their work, a new Morning Consult poll is likely to make many of them cringe.

View attachment 123731
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accept in the eyes of the zombie groups. They're on another planet called Planet fantasy

Great article!

I have always maintained that there is not a single problem in this country that would not be solved quickly if we had an honest, aggressive, and diligent press. If we had that, everything else that is worthwhile and fair would follow. Joseph Pulitzer understood the awesome power of the press:

"There is not a crime, there is not a dodge, there is not a trick, there is not a swindle, there is not a vice which does not live by secrecy. Get these things out in the open, describe them, attack them, ridicule them in the press, and sooner or later public opinion will sweep them away. Publicity may not be the only thing that is needed, but it is the one thing without which all other agencies will fail."

“Our Republic and its press will rise or fall together," Pulitzer wrote. "An able, disinterested, public-spirited press, with trained intelligence to know the right and courage to do it, can preserve that public virtue without which popular government is a sham and a mockery. A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself. The power to mold the future of the Republic will be in the hands of the journalists of future generations.”

Joseph Pulitzer

Pulitzer was right; as the press goes, so goes the country. Unfortunately, when the press withholds or distorts the news in favor of a personal political agenda they become an enemy more dangerous by far than any foreign threat could ever be. The greatest threat to our country's security is not Russia or China but the unholy alliance between the MSM and the Soros-backed Democratic Party.

In the final analysis, it doesn't matter who holds the office of President or Senator or Congressperson.
The only thing that matters is who is standing over their shoulder making sure they perform their sworn duties. Every politician lives and dies by public opinion. They spend fortunes to convince the masses why they should be elected/reelected. These politicians fear the truth, but if there is no one seeking the truth they have no fear. Their allegiance is not to their constituents but to their own ambitions. They sell out to the highest bidder and they do so with impunity knowing their misconduct is protected from public scrutiny.

The Democrat party that I knew and respected died some time. I don't know the exact date but it was even before they nominated a corrupt, dishonest, war-mongering, incompetent and unstable candidate for President.

The Republican party that I knew and respected died some time. I don't know the exact date but it was even before they nominated an unproven, untested loud-mouthed egotistical real estate magnate and entertainer for President.

In the end I voted for Trump because in the overall scheme of things an unproven success is a better risk than a proven failure. Damn, what a fucking choice.

If we had a free, unbiased and aggressive press I would never had to deal with such a pathetic and laughable choice.

The truth is that many of you are more qualified than those who presently hold positiions of power. If the press were behind you, it is possible that you would be known as Mister or Madam President. No joke.

• Banned

View attachment 123731

Great article!

I have always maintained that there is not a single problem in this country that would not be solved quickly if we had an honest, aggressive, and diligent press. If we had that, everything else that is worthwhile and fair would follow. Joseph Pulitzer understood the awesome power of the press:

"There is not a crime, there is not a dodge, there is not a trick, there is not a swindle, there is not a vice which does not live by secrecy. Get these things out in the open, describe them, attack them, ridicule them in the press, and sooner or later public opinion will sweep them away. Publicity may not be the only thing that is needed, but it is the one thing without which all other agencies will fail."

“Our Republic and its press will rise or fall together," Pulitzer wrote. "An able, disinterested, public-spirited press, with trained intelligence to know the right and courage to do it, can preserve that public virtue without which popular government is a sham and a mockery. A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself. The power to mold the future of the Republic will be in the hands of the journalists of future generations.”

Joseph Pulitzer

Pulitzer was right; as the press goes, so goes the country. Unfortunately, when the press withholds or distorts the news in favor of a personal political agenda they become an enemy more dangerous by far than any foreign threat could ever be. The greatest threat to our country's security is not Russia or China but the unholy alliance between the MSM and the Soros-backed Democratic Party.

In the final analysis, it doesn't matter who holds the office of President or Senator or Congressperson.
The only thing that matters is who is standing over their shoulder making sure they perform their sworn duties. Every politician lives and dies by public opinion. They spend fortunes to convince the masses why they should be elected/reelected. These politicians fear the truth, but if there is no one seeking the truth they have no fear. Their allegiance is not to their constituents but to their own ambitions. They sell out to the highest bidder and they do so with impunity knowing their misconduct is protected from public scrutiny.

The Democrat party that I knew and respected died some time. I don't know the exact date but it was even before they nominated a corrupt, dishonest, war-mongering, incompetent and unstable candidate for President.

The Republican party that I knew and respected died some time. I don't know the exact date but it was even before they nominated an unproven, untested loud-mouthed egotistical real estate magnate and entertainer for President.

In the end I voted for Trump because in the overall scheme of things an unproven success is a better risk than a proven failure. Damn, what a fucking choice.

If we had a free, unbiased and aggressive press I would never had to deal with such a pathetic and laughable choice.

The truth is that many of you are more qualified than those who presently hold positiions of power. If the press were behind you, it is possible that you would be known as Mister or Madam President. No joke.

Great thinking point on this.

The poll shows REPUBLICANS don't trust the media. It doesn't mean the media is dishonest. Republicans have been living in a self-insulating bubble for years.

Republicans are so overwhelmingly distrustful of the media, that they are a hazzard to themselves.

View attachment 123731

Great article!

Joseph Pulitzer

To be fair, the last is working as intended. In America, ANYONE can become president, they simply need to convince enough people in each state that they will do their best to push for what's /right/ for the people.

I agree with a lot of your post regarding the press, they are absolute shit and have been for many, many years. However, I actually believe that President Trump cares deeply about America and that his ideas are good ones.

• Banned
The poll shows REPUBLICANS don't trust the media. It doesn't mean the media is dishonest. Republicans have been living in a self-insulating bubble for years.

Republicans are so overwhelmingly distrustful of the media, that they are a hazzard to themselves.

They are only that when people have their heads so far up their asses they never realize both sides play the same game until they wipe off all the crap smeared all over their faces.

Both sides are just as crooked when and if they have sold their souls to the new world order...

View attachment 123731

Great article!

Joseph Pulitzer

"I have always maintained that there is not a single problem in this country that would not be solved quickly if we had an honest, aggressive, and diligent press."

You....you........optimist, you!

I wish I could see that as clearly as you do...but, we need more folks like you.

BTW....I would include in your quote above, schools.

New Topics

Forum List

Back