Political Correctness-- What is the REAL agenda behind it?

Personally, I believe PC is an individuals moral and ethical beliefs. It is how he wants to be treated as well. With respect.

I was always taught not to stare at people that were missing limbs or retarded people or other people that had visible conditions. I dont like calling people retards or using "retarded" in a derogatory manner because it could effect someone who is close to someone else who is retarded.

I was always taught not to judge other people, although I still struggle with that. I dont like jumping to conclusions about another individual or about situations.

I dont believe the words politically and correct are really the best words to describe what we, outside of politics, do in our daily lives.

PC (today) is device of propagandist rhetoric, its meaning comes from its use, its use is usually to complain that some consideration of another is unwarranted. It is a buzzword that has really no precise meaning, but when used with other prejudices creates acknowledgement for the user. The Bell curve example in the link is a key one. It isolates the racism element claiming it is something else, and when called out on it, PC is the shield.

The weird thing about all propagandist rhetoric is the ambiguity and irony of much of it, the same bicyclist who fell and created great expense for society would be criticized by all. But the citizens who want their children and others to be safe engage in PC. You figure that out. Or smoking which aggravates lots of people but somehow gets included in PC. Why?

Here's challenge give some examples of political correctness that are wrong (marxist) in your view and I bet I or someone else here can rationalize a simple reason why. Try it.

When I first came, almost ten years ago, to message boards, I tried for a while to always keep it clean. Then I met the "non-progressives, the non-liberals."

What I dislike most is that they really believe they have a right to say the things they do, but if anyone fights back, they start whining.

Darn that ol' 1st amendment.

I think political correctness is popularity-seeking gone awry. I don't think there is a conspiracy or hidden agenda, although that doesn't prevent folks with a hidden agenda to use political correctness as a tool. In other words, I don't think there is a specific agenda behind political correctness itself. Otherwise, rather than "toeing the party line," I see political correctness more as "going with the flow." And sometimes the "flow" is to be against the "party line."

I think political correctness was a tool that majority white society used to tranform beliefs in a short time frame. it worked very well. opinions about minorities and women were molded into something much more civilized (if at the expense of newfie and polack jokes). overall I would say that more good than bad has been done by political correctness.

I think black society/culture should find its own style of PC to transform some of its beliefs, perhaps about law abidingness and parenthood.

I have not actually watched it yet, but it would be difficult to call Nietzche PC, especially in his own time.

He wanted to shock conventional thought, break polite society.

He even informed God of his demise.

Though he was sober, which is why he went crazy. A life time of milk will do terrible things to a man.

Last edited:
I was wondering if any challenges were waiting my old brain or is that mind, but nothing appeared, how not odd. Thinking a bit more about this, I think when PC is used as a stick it is often interpretation that drives it. I remember when smoking in close quarters started to annoy people. Having smoked when I was young, I understood the need, but boy, did this drive others crazy. In a graduate class I attended two women almost came to blows, one chasing the other to the hall. So then why is a health concern for some PC? Restaurants in Philly and all of NJ do not allow smoking which I have to say is sorta nice as your clothing smells much better. But PC criticism at a certain level reminds me again of the more conspiratorial thinking of the wingnuts.

The sun rises for a reason, it must be someone's fault!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/95300-serious-conspiracy-theorist-question.html

The chief purpose of political correctness is to silence debate and lets not forget that race is now only a small part of the political paradigm that we now call political correctness.

"Political correctness" is the name given to some of the manifestations of what is essentially a broad and deep effort to dispossess whites of their lands and cultures. The Frankfurt School is a great example. There, mostly Jewish intellectuals hostile to the larger gentile European and European-derived societies sought to find ways to undermine those societies. Freud had luck here, as did Marx.

The bottom line is that political correctness is a form of anti-white brainwashing. You'll note, for instance, that when black rappers bag on "faggots", or when blacks praise Jesus, there's nothing controversial about it... it's only when WHITES do such things that there's a problem.

Or discrimination. Obviously, if you discriminate AGAINST whites, no problema. You'll be put on the Supreme Court.

Forum List

Back