Political correctness gone to far

I read this earlier. Its fucking sign language, its how he signs his name. The parents shouldn't have to change the kids name just because some dumb fucks don't like the fact he signs.

They can shove it up their bums.

Just mind numbingly dumb. I love the school officials statement and how this is in anyway in the "best interest of the child". I hate over the top PC and people who can't use common sense in situations like this.

Uncle Ferd says, "Gee, can't dey tell the difference between a lil' kid's fingers an' a gun?...
:eusa_eh:
School Board Victimizes 3-Year-Old Deaf Boy
August 29, 2012: A Nebraska school district is telling the parents of a deaf 3-year-old boy that the sign language for his name, Hunter Spanjer, looks too much like a gun and must be changed.
Despite the fact that Hunter uses Signing Exact English (S.E.E.), the standard sign language, for his name, the school district says that the gestures he makes too closely resemble a gun. The imagery of a “dangerous weapon” is created when he crosses his index and middle fingers and waves them slightly.

But, the child’s name apparently offends the Grand Island School districts “Weapons in Schools” Board Policy 8470 which forbids “any instrument…that looks like a weapon.” This apparently includes a 3-year-old’s hands. “Anybody that I have talked to thinks this is absolutely ridiculous. This is not threatening in any way,” Hunter’s grandmother Janet Logue told the local NCN news channel.

“We are working with the parents to come to the best solution we can for the child,” Jack Sheard, Grand Island Public Schools spokesperson, told KOLN. The American Civil Liberties Union has urged the district to reconsider its deeming of the child’s name as an offensive gesture.

School Board Victimizes 3-Year-Old Deaf Boy : Personal Liberty Alerts

Retarded Tribal Monkeys.

How is it possible that common sense isn't common anymore? WTF happened to it?

The headline is wrong. They don't want him to change his name, they want him to change the way he "signs" his name.
Well... To a deaf person I would think that is his name as sure as a spoken one is to someone who could hear. It would be the same thing as a teacher telling the child you are pronouncing your name wrong to someone who could hear.

The school is being stupid beyond belief.
I agree.

If I were the parents, I would get the kid to change the sign for his name to two upraised middle fingers.

*laughs*

I like that.

The headline is wrong. They don't want him to change his name, they want him to change the way he "signs" his name.

The school is being stupid beyond belief.

If I were the parents, I would get the kid to change the sign for his name to two upraised middle fingers.

From the article:

The school is claiming the entire matter is a “misunderstanding” — but still wants Hunter to change his name.

The PC Police are pretty much everywhere. Kinda like cockroaches.

And it doesn't take many of them to scare people into submission, they've been very effective. One good self-righteous, narcissistic, hypersensitive loudmouth can easily be enough.

Last edited:
Whatever is beyond beyond fucking stupid is where this idiocy belongs.

Reminds me of something my wife experienced in Catholic grade school, compliments of some nun. One day a new little boy shows up in class. He's from some European country and the nun has him in front of the class to introduce him. "Class, I'd like you all to say hello and welcome to your new classmate, Arpod Horvath...Arpod's a strange name so we'll just call him Jimmy."

The PC Police are pretty much everywhere. Kinda like cockroaches.

And it doesn't take many of them to scare people into submission, they've been very effective. One good self-righteous, narcissistic, hypersensitive loudmouth can easily be enough.

Yeah, and it will stop, as soon as we the people muster up the courage to push back at these blowhards, and push back hard, every single time they do something like this. This happens in your community, have the guts to speak out publicly and fight it. Just remember, there are many many more of us, than there are of them, and no matter how loud they screech, we CAN drown them out, and shout them down, until we silence them and the insanity of Political Correctness forever! This shit only happens because too many good people are afraid to challenge it. Damned if I know why! The people who promote this garbage are cowards and wusses in the first place, which is why they do what they do. Support any citizen, any business and any politician that fights them, and oppose any who support them!

If I were his parents, I'd teach the kid to enter every classroom shouting one word.

BANG!

Forum List

Back