Police stop prayers outside White House

The let the OWS rabble piss in the street, shoot dope and rape each other for weeks but armed feds lock up people for engaging in a couple of hours of praying without a permit.. Why am I not surprised?

So lets recap.... for the left, When Clinton or Obama restrict locations for free speech, all is as it should be, just following the law. If Bush did it or If Romney does it, it is evil and wrong.

And don't deny it. Clinton and Obama both restrict where protestors may protest and not just at the White House but at campaign and Government speeches. And you all say nothing about it. When Bush did the same thing you all whined like stuck pigs, claiming he was abusing his Position as President, restricting free speech and breaking the law.

So once again do as I say not as I do. Typical bullshit of the left.

Further when the left commits similar acts it is patriotic according to the left, when someone not on the left does it they are terrorists and a danger to the President.

you are a retard.

The let the OWS rabble piss in the street, shoot dope and rape each other for weeks but armed feds lock up people for engaging in a couple of hours of praying without a permit.. Why am I not surprised?

That is different, when the left protests it is loyal patriotism, when the right does it they are terrorists bent on assassinating the President.

That is different, when the left protests it is loyal patriotism, when the right does it they are terrorists bent on assassinating the President.

well true, you are a terrorist.

Police arrest people violating resticted zone outside White House

Fixed it for ya.

So lets recap.... for the left, When Clinton or Obama restrict locations for free speech, all is as it should be, just following the law. If Bush did it or If Romney does it, it is evil and wrong.

And don't deny it. Clinton and Obama both restrict where protestors may protest and not just at the White House but at campaign and Government speeches. And you all say nothing about it. When Bush did the same thing you all whined like stuck pigs, claiming he was abusing his Position as President, restricting free speech and breaking the law.

Further when the left commits similar acts it is patriotic according to the left, when someone not on the left does it they are terrorists and a danger to the President.

There have always been restricted zones at the white house. Furthermore, if that specific zone had been unrestricted, they simply would have gone elsewhere to a restricted zone because they admitted they went there with the intention of getting arrested.

This is not a dem/pub issue, but thanks for trying to make it one.

They were arrested for protesting in a restricted area, not praying.

Opponents of birth control mandate vow civil disobedience | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio

I assume they choose that area specifically because they knew they would be arrested and wanted the media attention.

There are protests EVERYDAY in front of the WH....But anyone....ANYONE who goes into restricted areas get arrested.

Seems that the OP thinks christians get a bye when it comes to following the laws the rest of us have to abide by.

Trouble-making Talibaggers.

Ya' can't take 'em anywhere.

Falwell_Robertson+copy-1.jpg

4321379138_185436_10150284644184393_690884392_7368277_1305215_n_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:

I don't see anybody criticizing these people for taking part in civil disobediance. I see people criticizing the OP for creating a purposely misleading topic so to get a kneejerk reaction from people too stupid to look into the story further.

There have always been restricted zones at the white house. Furthermore, if that specific zone had been unrestricted, they simply would have gone elsewhere to a restricted zone because they admitted they went there with the intention of getting arrested.

It is most definitely. You were not here, during the Bush years the same people saying this is nothing were saying that Bush broke the law by restricting access and that the police were violating 1st Amendment rights by enforcing restricted areas. Now Obama does it and suddenly all is right with the world.

It is most definitely. You were not here, during the Bush years.....

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

It is most definitely. You were not here, during the Bush years the same people saying this is nothing were saying that Bush broke the law by restricting access and that the police were violating 1st Amendment rights by enforcing restricted areas. Now Obama does it and suddenly all is right with the world.

the dems did it in 04 with Kerry for the dnc convention.
yawn

As a Christian do you feel shameful for a clearly misleading if not lying title?
And strollingbones the bible says MANY things about where and when to pray.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

seems right clear to me....but seems christians only follow the parts of the bible they want to

As a Christian do you feel shameful for a clearly misleading if not lying title?
And strollingbones the bible says MANY things about where and when to pray.

Actually Jesus was quite clear about not praying in public. He was anti public prayer and considered people who did it charlatans and hacks.

Matthew 6:5-6: "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men....when thou prayest, enter into thy closet and when thou has shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret...."

tell me lovebear..where does your god instruct one to pray.....

i will give you a hint...matthew

Don't need hints from a heathen, the bible tells us where and how to pray;
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

1Thes. 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. 16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit.

Not only that we have the examples of Jesus Christ, His Apostles and the Prophets.

Acts 6:4 but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”
5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch, 6 whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them.

Ezra 10:1 While Ezra prayed and made confession, weeping and casting himself down before the house of God, a very great assembly of men, women, and children, gathered to him out of Israel, for the people wept bitterly.

1Kings 8:22 Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands toward heaven; 23 and he said: “Lord God of Israel, there is no God in heaven above or on earth below like You, who keep Your covenant and mercy with Your servants who walk before You with all their hearts

The condemnation in Matthew that you try to use as an example of not praying in public, is of course nonsense. The examples in the scriptures of Jesus Himself, the Apostles, the Prophets and the Saints praying in public is legion. the condemnation in Matt. 6 that you erroneously use is a condemnation towards the motive behind the prayers, not the fact that you are not to pray in public. Mat 6:5 5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

So it really didn't make a difference if they were praying or not, right loverbear? But don't get me wrong, I still have a problem with "Free Speech Zones" regardless of which parties is enforing a Non-Free Speech zone in the public or commons area.

Forum List

Back