Police stop prayers outside White House

Doesn't change the fact that you're a clown.

You may say what you like. What has not changed is the fact that you're unable to address the substance of the discussion and offer nothing more than mud slinging. It indicates a weak intellect and lack of knowledge.

Let's recap, a bunch of people got together and publicly said they were going to the white house to be arrested. They went and indeed, were arrested.

Their arrest had nothing to do with prayer, or Obama, or their party affiliation.

Oh and the OP is gullible, and believes anything that has ever and will ever be written that is negitive about dems and Obama.

Or, more likely, the OP isn’t gullible, knew perfectly well the protesters were not arrested for ‘praying,’ and made a failed attempt to imply the president is somehow ‘hostile’ to religion.

Doesn't change the fact that you're a clown.

You may say what you like. What has not changed is the fact that you're unable to address the substance of the discussion and offer nothing more than mud slinging. It indicates a weak intellect and lack of knowledge.

Oh I made my point using the scirptures, it was you who responed with the nonsense, the opinions, the name calling and the asinine hahas, not I. Sorta the pot calling the kettle black don't you think?

Educate yourself by actually reading the bible, then get back to me.

HA HA!

You know me even less than what little you know about the bible.

I don't need to know you to know your knowledge of the bible is extremely limited

Apparently you need to know more than you do because my knowledge of the bible is extensive, and yours is completely non-existent. You don't have actual knowledge of the bible. All you have is a certain ideology that has been fed to you. That's not knowledge. All you've done is drank the kool-aid that someone gave you, and now you think you're right. And you think you're right based on nothing more than the fact that you think you're right. Let me guess, you believe Satan is in the bible, right? You're already wrong.

I, on the other hand, have a thorough understanding of the bible, its origins, the various schools of thought regarding its interpretations, the historical contexts to which it belongs, etc, etc, etc.

HA HA!

You know me even less than what little you know about the bible.

I don't need to know you to know your knowledge of the bible is extremely limited

Apparently you need to know more than you do because my knowledge of the bible is extensive, and yours is completely non-existent. You don't have actual knowledge of the bible. All you have is a certain ideology that has been fed to you. That's not knowledge. All you've done is drank the kool-aid that someone gave you, and now you think you're right. And you think you're right based on nothing more than the fact that you think you're right. Let me guess, you believe Satan is in the bible, right? You're already wrong.

I, on the other hand, have a thorough understanding of the bible, its origins, the various schools of thought regarding its interpretations, the historical contexts to which it belongs, etc, etc, etc.

Lol. too funny. You are a heathen, you cannot have any understanding of the bible, it's not for you. My knowledge of the word of God was "fed" to me by the Holy Spirit, not anti-Christ philosphers and "scholars" like yours evidently was. Run along now son, the word of God tells me not to cast my pearls before the swine nor to give what is holy to the dogs.

Last edited:
Everywhere

But not publicly. He was VERY clear about that.

Wrong. He was very clear about your motives for public prayer, but Jesus Himself, not to mention the Aposltels, not to mention the Prophets, not to mention various other men and woman of God in the Scriptures such as David, Solomon, Hannah, Deborah, etc, ALL prayed in public. The problem is that too many heathens quote that one verse, 6, while ignoring not only vs 5 that explains the reason for Him saying this at this point in time, but ignores the ENTIRE rest of the bible where men and woman of God give us numerous examples of the type of God fearing public prayer that is commanded of the believer. Best for those the bible doesn't belong to not to try and use it against a Christian.

You must not be reading the same Matthew:

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Seems VERY anti public prayer to me. Not to mention, Mathew is very clear about charitable donations too...shut up about 'em.

But not publicly. He was VERY clear about that.

Wrong. He was very clear about your motives for public prayer, but Jesus Himself, not to mention the Aposltels, not to mention the Prophets, not to mention various other men and woman of God in the Scriptures such as David, Solomon, Hannah, Deborah, etc, ALL prayed in public. The problem is that too many heathens quote that one verse, 6, while ignoring not only vs 5 that explains the reason for Him saying this at this point in time, but ignores the ENTIRE rest of the bible where men and woman of God give us numerous examples of the type of God fearing public prayer that is commanded of the believer. Best for those the bible doesn't belong to not to try and use it against a Christian.

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Seems VERY anti public prayer to me. Not to mention, Mathew is very clear about charitable donations too...shut up about 'em.

The verse addresses motives for public praying not a ban on public praying. The reason you don't understand this is that you don't know the scriptures. The book of Psalms, almost entirely written by a man God called, "A man after my own heart" are recorded public prayers put to songs sung IN PUBLIC. I gave you chapter and verse right on this thread of examples of the Lord, the Apostles, the Prophets and various other men and woman of God engaging in "public prayer". The Lord, would not engage in an action that He banned others from doing.

Last edited:

The verse addresses motives for public praying not a ban on public praying. The reason you don't understand this is that you don't know the scriptures. The book of Psalms, almost entirely written by a man God called, "A man after my own heart" are recorded public prayers put to songs sung IN PUBLIC. I gave you chapter and verse right on this thread of examples of the Lord, the Apostles, the Prophets and various other men and woman of God engaging in "public prayer". The Lord, would not engage in an action that He banned others from doing.

How can anyone be "sure" of anything coming from a book so full of contradictions, misinterpretations and mistranslations?

Pray in private is what the man said. Singing the praises of your god isn't the same as praying. Proselytizing, isn't the same as praying. Praying is something your god told you, quite clearly, to do behind closed doors.

The people in the OP's little made up story didn't do that. In fact, praying wasn't what they were about at all. They went there with the intention of getting arrested for breaking the law. Now, not only do they have to square with man's law...they may have to talk to god about disobeying his requirement to pray to him in private. Tsk, tsk....

Yes and motive was what this event was all about.

Yes and motive was what this event was all about.

So you're saying that civil disobedience is a bad thing?

Standard Disclaimer: There truly is no hypocrisy like demopocrisy.

related to the aspect of prayer thing. Related to the aspect of prayer.
Do not take my reply out of context.

You are jumping all over the place trying to justify your viewpoint.

related to the aspect of prayer thing. Related to the aspect of prayer.
Do not take my reply out of context.

Your reply was reeking hypocrisy. The group stated that it was an act of civil disobedience and they expected to be arrested.

When the Occupoo shitters do this, you call them "courageous," but damn the Christians. Your hackery is pretty typical for the left.

You are jumping all over the place trying to justify your viewpoint.

That the left are a bunch of fucking hypocrites who apply vastly different standard depending on the political affiliation of those involved? I have no need to jump, that is obvious to all.

Because there is a phrase in the Bible that tells people to pray in private, what makes it the obligation of the law to prevent them from praying in public? Unless the police are enforcing Biblical law (as they see it) they should be leaving people alone.

Because there is a phrase in the Bible that tells people to pray in private, what makes it the obligation of the law to prevent them from praying in public? Unless the police are enforcing Biblical law (as they see it) they should be leaving people alone.

They were not arrested for praying in public.

Forum List

Back