Country First

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Not that the left here knows what that means.

John Elway Endorses Romney | The Weekly Standard

Woody Johnson was asked in a Bloomberg interview whether he’d prefer to see a winning season from the Jets or Mitt Romney, the man he supports, occupying the White House.

“Well I think you always have to put country first,” Johnson said, “so I think it’s very, very important that not only for us but for particularly our kids and grandkids that this election comes off with Mitt Romney and [Paul] Ryan as president and vice-president.”

“Governor Romney is a proven leader with the experience and background to turn around our struggling economy,” Elway said in a statement. “In these tough economic times, we need a president who understands how to get America working again – by standing on the side of taxpayers and small-business owners who do the real job creating. I am endorsing Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan for President and Vice President because I know having the courage to make decisions and tackle challenges is what leads to results and real change. America needs a comeback team – Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are that team.”

Woody Johnson was asked in a Bloomberg interview whether he’d prefer to see a winning season from the Jets or Mitt Romney, the man he supports, occupying the White House.

“Well I think you always have to put country first,” Johnson said, “so I think it’s very, very important that not only for us but for particularly our kids and grandkids that this election comes off with Mitt Romney and [Paul] Ryan as president and vice-president.”

“Governor Romney is a proven leader with the experience and background to turn around our struggling economy,” Elway said in a statement. “In these tough economic times, we need a president who understands how to get America working again – by standing on the side of taxpayers and small-business owners who do the real job creating. I am endorsing Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan for President and Vice President because I know having the courage to make decisions and tackle challenges is what leads to results and real change. America needs a comeback team – Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are that team.”

Well, Elway is probably NOT in the 47%, so it sorta makes sense...

Do you seriously think the republicans put the country first???!!! Go back to bed, you're dreaming.

People who think "putting country first" means simply voting for a candidate are delusional.

Do you seriously think the republicans put the country first???!!! Go back to bed, you're dreaming.

If you think Democrats are then no need for you to go back to bed...call an undertaker instead.

After the 380+ filibusters in the senate this year on some pretty crucial stuff and the republican house being the most ineffective deadlocked legislative body on the planet, both seemingly dedicated to unseating the president above all else, just where do you get the idea that republicans have ever put the country first?

PUTTING COUNTRY FIRST!!!!!! Then why the FUCK don't those Republicans rip up that pledge they signed for Grover Norquist and make a new one with the people of America saying that will do whatever it takes to get us baco on track even if it means raising taxes.

If you think Democrats are then no need for you to go back to bed...call an undertaker instead.

After the 380+ filibusters in the senate this year on some pretty crucial stuff and the republican house being the most ineffective deadlocked legislative body on the planet, both seemingly dedicated to unseating the president above all else, just where do you get the idea that republicans have ever put the country first?

Relax, wipe the spit off and feel free to vote them out if you have an issue with them. Fairly simple.

PUTTING COUNTRY FIRST!!!!!! Then why the FUCK don't those Republicans rip up that pledge they signed for Grover Norquist and make a new one with the people of America saying that will do whatever it takes to get us baco on track even if it means raising taxes.

bigstockphotohammerstri.jpg

Relax, wipe the spit off and feel free to vote them out if you have an issue with them. Fairly simple.

The only thing fairly simple here is you.

The only thing fairly simple here is you.

You certainly would know. :razz:

One one-percenter's opinion. Is anyone surprised? "Country First" and "Compassionate Conservative" both proved to be nothing but slogans for the GOP.

It's very clear that the only thing important to the GOP leadership is winning and taking care of their primary base, the 1%; they know the social conservatives and Tea Party conservatives are those who can be fooled all of the time.

“Governor Romney is a proven leader with the experience and background to turn around our struggling economy,” Elway said in a statement. “In these tough economic times, we need a president who understands how to get America working again – by standing on the side of taxpayers and small-business owners who do the real job creating. I am endorsing Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan for President and Vice President because I know having the courage to make decisions and tackle challenges is what leads to results and real change. America needs a comeback team – Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are that team.”[/QUOT
Rich, pampered jocks for Romney.

bigstockphotohammerstri.jpg

Raising taxes solves everything. :lol:

A true blue Dem are you. :clap2:

I never said that raising taxes solves everything. But sometimes it is necessary. Like Bush being the only POTUS in history to enter into a war and not raise taxes to pay for it. We have no tax revenue coming in. Sometimes your patriotism must be monetary. We need to cut spending and entitlements and raise taxes. But the Republicans have a pledge with Grover that they will never raise taxes no matter what. Even if the country is in dire need they will not do it because they loyalty is with Grover and not us?
The American people should sign a pledge saying that we will not vote for anyone that has signed a pledge with anyone but the people of America.

New Topics

Forum List

Back