Police State: Police Officer Slays Marine Sergeant In School Parking Lot...

Right...I'm biased. But you, the guy who thinks the marine got what he deserves and who's willing to give the cop a free pass, are not biased. :cuckoo:

I guess you missed my first post in this thread.

Post #122

Then you judge the cop, JoseK. So not only are you wrong on premise, you lie as well.

You are not credible. You are known as "NoSay JoseK".

Did you even read the post? Let me help you.

we certainly can't judge all cops based on the actions of one - whether he acted justly or not.

So, explain to me how my saying that I'm not going to judge the cop equates to me judging the cop.

Are you this stupid in real life or just on the internets?

You prejudge, JoseK, and you did it from the beginning. Now you walk it back? Well, maybe you did get it right in the end. But I don't believe you. Enough of this, and of you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
The cop did the right thing.

Shoot this guy before he flees.

When you crash thru a gate and fail to follow orders from a peace officer with a gun aimed at you with your children only a few feet away, that's proof enough for me that you don't give a damn about their well being.

When that guy flees, you have a high speed pursuit endangering the kids, the cops and the general public.

there is no claim he crashed through a gate.. received any clear request from a police officer or even aware a gun was pointed at him and his nearby children or that he was facing eminent deadly force.....so why do you assert such bullshit??

From the LA Times, yesterday.

"Loggins , who had smashed through a gate [with his Yukon] to get onto campus and then stalked onto the track, repeatedly failed to heed the commands of the deputy who asked him to stop, and then tried to drive away, authorities said."

From the Chicago Sun Times:
The union reports that, about 4:30 a.m. Feb. 7, Loggins drove a GMC Yukon through a locked gate at San Clemente High School with his daughters, ages 9 and 14, in the back seat.

That caught the eye of a deputy who was writing reports in a nearby parking lot, the news release said.

The deputy approached Loggins, who had stopped the vehicle and was walking into a nearby field, leaving his children in the vehicle.

According to the police, the deputy started to follow Loggins, but stopped when he heard the children screaming.
Then the deputy heard Loggins yelling irrational statements and called for backup.

The union said the children told deputies who arrived at the scene their father had been acting strangely. A few minutes later, Loggins quickly returned to the vehicle, ignoring orders from deputies to stop.

Loggins allegedly got into the driver seat, started the car and put it in gear, despite continued orders to stop.
It was then clear, the union said, that Loggins was going to drive away and endanger his children.

Loggins was shot by a deputy standing next to the driver-side window. He was pronounced dead at hospital in Mission Viejo later that morning.
If this is a truthful account then I support the deputy's action.

I suspect that the officers assumed that Loggins had fled and had no intention of returning, so they left the children in the familiar confines of their own vehicle until social services arrived.

With hindsight, that is the only questionable decision the police made IMO, and I imagine that SOP will be amended to ensure abandoned children are moved to a patrol car in any future incident of this type.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Then you judge the cop, JoseK. So not only are you wrong on premise, you lie as well.

You are not credible. You are known as "NoSay JoseK".

Did you even read the post? Let me help you.

we certainly can't judge all cops based on the actions of one - whether he acted justly or not.

So, explain to me how my saying that I'm not going to judge the cop equates to me judging the cop.

Are you this stupid in real life or just on the internets?

You prejudge, JoseK, and you did it from the beginning. Now you walk it back? Well, maybe you did get it right in the end. But I don't believe you. Enough of this, and of you.

In other words, you've got nothing. Thanks for playing, hack.

Forum List

Back