Police State: Man Sentenced To 30 Days In Jail, Collecting Rainwater On His Property

Free this man from jail, and put real criminals like Eric Holder there instead. Now that would be justice.

Thousands of illegal scum slither across the border everyday ,and there worried about rainwater ?

View attachment 20229

Yeah, because the state of Oregon really has its hands full with illegal immigrants from Mexico. :cuckoo:

Not the point fuckstick,we have bigger fish to fry than worring about someone collecting rain water, besides illegals are in all the states, you idiot Obama ball licker....

Last edited:
What are you in for? "I collected some rainwater." Fuckin Big Brother. What an asshole.

Yeah Big brother laws since the days of the old west in many places.
Not a recent thing at all.

Had the USA been founded in Arizona the founding fathers would have had water laws too.

Stick him in Prison and then seize his property under Eminent Domain. What an idea huh? Why didn't Big Brother think of that? Oh wait, i'm sure he has. ;)

I know this may go over some of your heads but I believe the issue is The Diversion Of Ground Water.

On a larger scale this same issue is fought over in many places. It seems simple that the man should be within his rights but there is more to it than that.

In some ways rain water run off is the property of the commons. I'm not saying that in this situation the man is wrong. I am saying that what he is doing MAY be illegal if his water diversion affects someone else's access to ground water.

It is not as open and shut as it could be seen.

Isn't rainwater run off part of a watershed?

Most technically, watershed refers to those naturally created and occurring bodies of water that are created by the collection of rainwater and/or snow melt, often times combining into larger bodies, with an eventual empying point. For example, an extensive network of streams, creeks, and rivers across some six or seven states in the US mid-atlantic region create the Chesapeake Bay watershed. These bodies all naturally (ultimately) drain into the Chesapeake Bay.

By contrast, rainwater runoff is technically that water which has not yet reached such a body, to include water collected by artificial means with the intent or future result of becoming part of the watershed. In a way, you could say that rainwater runoff is to watershed as embryo is to fetus.

Nice try but it is not just the waterways but the area that drains to a common waterway, such as a stream, lake, estuary, wetland, aquifer, or even the ocean.

What is a Watershed? | Watersheds | US EPA

What's next? Big Brother telling you what you can and can't eat? Oh wait, Obamacare did pass. What a country ay?

What's next? Big Brother telling you what you can and can't eat? Oh wait, Obamacare did pass. What a country ay?

They already do.
We are not allowed to eat Dogs and Cats.
And many states technically outlaw cunninglingus(sp?).

Heck the Damn FDA won't even let us eat meat with Salmonella in it. I want my liberty!

They already do.

Heck the Damn FDA won't even let us eat meat with Salmonella in it. I want my liberty!

Uh, don't tell Obama that. He loves him some doggy. No but seriously, Obamacare is going to take complete control of Citizens' personal lives. The Dummies who are cheering it, have no idea what's coming. Sure, Big Brother will give you that Healthcare, but there will be many strings attached.

You do what he tells you, and you'll be ok. You don't do what he tells you, you'll be shit out of luck. Forced medical testing will become the norm. And he will detect any presence of subservsive dietary and other 'violations.' The Sheep have no idea what they're in for. Big Brother will now control their bodies. They are mere slaves now.

Last edited:
No, not clear at all. The argument that we, as citizens, have a constitutional right to take up arms against our lawfully constituted government is without any foundation. There is no support for such right, either historically or constitutionally. The American Revolution was a war waged for separation of the American colonies from the rule of the English monarchy, and not a rebellion against the established colonial governments. The colonies were being taxed under English laws in which they had no elected representatives in Parliament; and when the Crown refused to grant representation, the colonies, in Continental Congress, declared their separate statehood and independence. Likewise, the reliance on the supposed historical record of the founding fathers is wrong. George Washington, who is considered the father of our nation and who commanded the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War, was the president of the Constitutional Convention that drafted our Constitution that is the framework of our government of laws; and thereafter was elected to be the first President of the United States. During his term in office, President Washington put down the Whisky rebellion of 1794, which was an armed insurrection against the government in protest of the tax enacted by Congress in 1791. Washington personally lead the organized militia to quash the rebellion and assert the federal government’s authority over the states and their citizens. We would do well to learn from history, and stop trying to rewrite it.

It is not a Constitutional Right I'll agree. It is an obligation.

" Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

This dispute where one side say he was collecting rainwater and the other say "Harrington constructed dams to block a tributary to the Big Butte, which Medford uses for its water supply.(and has the legal rights too)" hardly rises to the cause of "absolute Despotism". (maybe if they hung the guy.....)

They already do.

A law prohibiting the eating of dogs and cats would come as a supreme surprise to the vietnamese community.

You can't eat someone else's dogs and cats. Which was a surprise to those who thought the dog park was a buffet.

Ohh hell! I looked up Eagle Point Oregon it is in the taken over by caliprunians zone of Oregon.

Never been down there so not sure of the local conditions there.

Yep we want 13 yr olds preparing food for us.

they should be able to work in mines as well, they are smaller and will fit better in the 36" high seams of coal.

You just hate the aspects of government that YOU do not like.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back