Police State: City Shuts Down Hot Dog Stand Boy Opened To Help Disabled Parents...

This story was pretty sad..this is what happens with a overbearing Government..

they can give and they can take it away..
And by overbearing government you mean a local government led by a republican mayor, of course.

I don't give a shit what party they belong too..
you people have to bring your politics into everything...

Just like I said. She's clueless. Hands down the single dumbest poster on this site that doesn't have a diagnosed brain abnormality.

i wished a diner would step up and associate with nathan

Great idea, maybe the restaurants could help this young man, it would be nice to acts of kindness, especially for a kid that wants to work and his take charge attitude to help his family. We need more of these kids.

All the kid has to do is move to an area where it is allowed

Gotta protect small business don't we?

If he moves the cart out of the area, it is out of the downtown foot traffic and would get little business, let's hope they come to a reasonable settlement on the issue.

This story was pretty sad..this is what happens with a overbearing Government..

they can give and they can take it away..
And by overbearing government you mean a local government led by a republican mayor, of course.

I don't give a shit what party they belong too..
you people have to bring your politics into everything...it's always Democrats-Republicans
Bullshit! It's LOCAL Republican government, the kind CON$ervoFascists clamor for!

Sometimes Paul posts the most insignificant stories

I wonder if he came to the defense of the occupy wall streeters in regards to their many violations of city zoning, ordinances, rules, regulations etc.

I don't recall. Maybe he'll remind us.

I have defended Occupiers on many occasions, in regard to Big Brother's handling of their protests. Big Brother was often way too heavy-handed in dealing with Occupy protests.

Zoning laws are among the most unjust things about America but are entirely within libertarian beliefs as they are local in nature and made by local authorities.

The city bans food carts in that area in order to minimize competition for the eight tax-paying restaurants a couple of blocks away.

You have no fucking clue what you're talking about at all. Stop talking about shit you dont know about. Absurd post of the day has now been done.

Our Government only stands in the way of small business entrepreneurs these days. They make it so difficult for someone to get started. Big Brother needs to get off the Peoples' backs. Enough is enough.

Thats absolutely ridiculous, now they are going after kids running hot dog stands and lemonade stands.:cuckoo:
And by "they" you mean the local Republican mayor, of course.

I don't really care about the politics or the mayor, shutting this kid down seems silly.

If you remove the emotional connection to the kid helping his disabled parents, and this was just a regular guy trying to make a buck, would you still see the city as being in the wrong for shutting the hot dog operation down for violating zoning laws?

Sometimes Paul posts the most insignificant stories

I wonder if he came to the defense of the occupy wall streeters in regards to their many violations of city zoning, ordinances, rules, regulations etc.

I don't recall. Maybe he'll remind us.

I have defended Occupiers on many occasions, in regard to Big Brother's handling of their protests. Big Brother was often way too heavy-handed in dealing with Occupy protests.

Link?

Our Government only stands in the way of small business entrepreneurs these days. They make it so difficult for someone to get started. Big Brother needs to get off the Peoples' backs. Enough is enough.

The restaurants in the area who are actually paying taxes are small businesses too. Part of those taxes go to protect them from fly by night competition who do not pay taxes

If you want a hot dog cart, you have to learn what areas you are allowed to set up in.

The excuse the City gave, was absolutely pathetic. This is exactly why Big Government needs to become much smaller.

How much smaller than government at the city level can government get. This is what you people want,

weak state and federal governments, and the power in the hands of the local governments.

We do not want weak government, we want limited government. Learn the difference.

Anyone want a fish market or massage parlor next door? Zoning laws exist for a reason. No matter how sympathetic one might be to the story, the fact remains other food trucks would soon follow it the minor were allowed to continue operation outside of the law.

The fact that the link describes city workers willing to work with the minor isn't on the radar of the far left righties - those so far left they meet the far right on the idiot fringe of ideology.

Why do you always pop up with that crap? Can't you think for yourself?

Besides, this is not about zoning, the property is zoned for commercial use.

All the kid has to do is move to an area where it is allowed

Gotta protect small business don't we?

He needs to move his business to a place where there are no customers? We have to protect small business from competition? Aren't you one of the people that thinks monopolies are bad? Wouldn't competition prevent monopolies?

Forum List

Back